About This File
BTT PITFT50 45-degree Mount
This mod is an alternative frame mount for alanho's PITFT50 screen mount. They suggest using the frame mount from sttts, which puts the screen at a 30-degree angle. I found that with the shorter guitar amplifier feet on the Trident and 2.4r2, the 30-degree mount makes the screen assembly too tall to fit under the frame. This mod replaces the 30-degree frame mount with a 45-degree mount, which provides plenty of clearance.
This design was created from scratch, but was heavily inspired by other mods:
- roboticator24 - 4-inch Touchscreen Mount
- jeoje - 4.3-inch Touchscreen Mount
- sttts - Waveshare 5.5inch HDMI AMOLED Mount
This was tested with a BTT PITFT50 v2, but will likely also work with sttts's 5.5-inch Waveshare mount, since the hole pattern is the same.
Bill of Materials
- 6x M3x8 SHCS
- 2x M3 T-Nuts
- alanho's PITFT50 mount
- Assemble the screen mount
- Use 4x M3x8 SHCS to attach the frame mount to the screen mount
- Insert 2x M3 T-nuts into the bottom of the frame
- Thread 2x M3x8 SHCS into the T-nuts to attach the mount to the frame
I printed with standard Voron settings, but this would probably be fine with fewer walls and less infill. I found this part very prone to warping, so you may want to use a brim or ears.