Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

It sounds like you've tried everything I could think of. Have you connected it directly to power? I'm not certain of the proper process for that so it gets correct voltage, but I'm sure someone here or on Discord could help with that. That should determine for sure if the motor is good.

Storage gremlins! Daft question, when you say you swapped stuff around are you meaning for something you had in a drawer or for something else on the board? If you were swapping on the board (say the drivers between the Motor-0 and Motor-1 ports, or whatever ports you were using) and the fault did not follow the swap then I would say the fault was with the port on the Octopus board (rather than the driver, or cabling). If you're confident of the wiring and the motor itself then I would suggest trying a completely different port on the Octopus board for the A-motor (use the same wires and drivers, change the definition in the printer.cfg). If  everything works and the fault does not follow then there's a good chance the port is fried....(or the jumpers incorrectly set? but that sounds unlikely as it was working and storage gremlins don't normally move jumpers around)

1 minute ago, claudermilk said:

Yep, changing the pin assignments in printer.cfg to the different location on the board should work. Will a different motor (preferably one you've already successfully buzzed) on the questionable port work?

No, it won't.

A a known good motor on the questionable port doesn't buzz? Or switching the pin assignments for the questionable motor didn't work? Basically process of elimination to determine if the motor or the  board is the issue. I haven't had this problem myself, so just throwing ideas out right now.

I've sadly had duff ports on BTT boards before (mainly things in the 1.4 range) but I think they came like that from the factory. I've only had drivers go bad on me during operation. But guess all things are possible. As you say  @claudermilk important to try  known good stuff on the potentially duff port and see if the issue still happens/stays-put or follows the swap.

10 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

A a known good motor on the questionable port doesn't buzz?

No, it doesn't

10 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

switching the pin assignments for the questionable motor didn't work

Didn't either, also for a known good motor on a different port didn;t work, I'm pretty sure I assigned all pins correctly

8 minutes ago, smirk said:

I've sadly had duff ports on BTT boards before (mainly things in the 1.4 range) but I think they came like that from the factory. I've only had drivers go bad on me during operation. But guess all things are possible. As you say  @claudermilk important to try  known good stuff on the potentially duff port and see if the issue still happens/stays-put or follows the swap.

I have always used BTT boards without any issues, and this one always worked flawlessly in my old corexy. I am pretty sure it happened in the last hour or so because the first time I tried it it worked albeit in the wrong direction and I would never switch connectors under power.

4 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

Sounds like a bad port on the controller at least.

I would agree., you've tried the sensible combinations of known good, so it does sounds like you've got some fried octopus as you've observed 😞

• 2 weeks later...

The Spider has arrived so festivities will commence shortly.

In the meantime let me ask a question that might well turn out to be pretty stupid.

On Github there's a huge repository of user mods. On opening the mods folder all you see are hundreds of usernames so there's no way to just browse mods to see if there's any you like. Short of opening all folders one by one is there an intelligent way of browsing those user mods ?

Attention getter

IMG_20221012_145356.jpg

Edited by mbunjes

Well, the Spider finally gave up the struggle to frustrate my efforts to get it working. After a long day of errors and failed flashes I finally discovered there is actually a mistake in the Trident build guide. The guide shows the X and Y end stops connected to the board like this

But the Spider pinout document shows that these pins are for ground and 3.3V, effectively shorting the 3.3V rail.
After changing the wires all was well.

I opened an engineering ticket on Discord for this issue so it can be rectified.

Screenshot - 16-Oct-22 , 22_53_01.jpg

• Like 1