Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

Hi, as the title suggests, this is going to take a while. I don't have spare money laying around so a kit is out of the question. I'm going to source everything myself. This is actually something I like doing. 
So, the actual build state is as follows : I bought the extrusions (In Poland, great quality and price) and am now in the process of tapping and drilling.

Not very exciting I'm afraid, although I did design and print a few very simple jigs for drilling holes.

I have no experience in printing ABS, always having printed in PLA and PETG. I tried with an enclosure for my trusted Ender 3 but hated the smell and the results were below par.

So I decided to take advantage of the Voron PIF program, but since this is a slow build anyways I'll wait till the Stealthburner is officially the goto toolhead.
As soon as the screws arrive from Ali I'll start assembling the frame.

IMG_20220603_160431.jpg

• Like 3
  • Voron FTW! 1

This is the best build experience. I did my Voron 0, in a similar manner, except ordered the frame. Learned so much about the need for accuracy in the build. Just enjoy

• Voron FTW! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tweak it around to get as square as you can. Since you're building a 350 monster, I think anything within 1mm will be good. As nero has pointed out: we're building fancy hot glue guns. They don't need to be perfect. I have my 250 Trident within I think about 0.3mm-0.4mm and it prints fantastic.

• Like 2