Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

I would appreciate your opinions. I know the Vorons are primarily ABS and ASA printers and I certainly would like to be able to print these materials. However, since my lungs are not the strongest part of my body, I must have a serious  filtering solution in my printer.
I've read about the Nevermore but which one to choose baffles me a bit

Is there a "considered best" solution ?

For me I think the key issue is the carbon that you use in it rather than absolutely which model of Nevermore to go for (I'm sure others will have greater experience in the 2.4, Trident space). However,it wasn't until I looked into the Nevermore that I saw what a jolly treacherous challenge it was source the right sort of carbon. I knew it had a limited life-span but my only prior experience, as a young lad,  with carbon was the stuff you put in fish-tanks (which won't do for a nevermore). Definitely not something to buy off some bloke on ebay/ali and go for an absolutely trustworthy and known vendor.

Looking again at the Nevermore github most of the models are still marked as "works in progress" even though some have more features (like hepa filter), for me that was turn-off. That really leaves a the Nevermore Micro as the "production" model, and I would guess for a [large] trident that would be the V5 Duo. But that it speculation on my part not having a large Voron, for me it was about the carbon.

The V5 Duo Trident variant is what I built. That variant is really just re-orienting the exhaust a bit. I bought my carbon pellets from DFH, but I think Fabreeko also has the correct type. So far I'm very happy with this mod. The ABS I'm using hasn't been really stinky, but it's even less so and I see my chamber temps come up significantly faster and get to about 10C+ higher than without the Nevermore running.

1 hour ago, mbunjes said:

so I'll resume building when the temperature is a bit more tolerable.

Clearly the GOM within me would say "That's a rubbish excuse, when I were a lad we used to work 29hours a day down the pit in proper hot temperatures and would've been glad of a mere 122F". Unfortunately, it's too hot and I haven't got the energy other than to say "Yup, you're right. Too hot" 🤣

I look forward to cooler temperatures and resumption of building.

Looks like you climbed right back up again !

A question 

While assembling the main body of the stealthburner you are supposed to line up the toothed section of the drive gear with the filament path.

There is however a little lateral play in the drive (about 1 mm) is this normal ?

Edited by mbunjes

Tiny problem: I bought the stealthburner pcb but I don't have the right cable_cover_for_pcb part. I could have it printed but the price plus shipping is just too much for just one part. Don't know if I can start printing without this part?

3 hours ago, mbunjes said:

Tiny problem: I bought the stealthburner pcb but I don't have the right cable_cover_for_pcb part. I could have it printed but the price plus shipping is just too much for just one part. Don't know if I can start printing without this part?

As long as the cables are secure and won't catch on anything, I see no reason why you could not print without a cover over the wires. I ran my test prints as seen below without a problem.

image.thumb.jpeg.983e63b752c9b51a6c91aaeb2e70e756.jpeg