Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

On 3/6/2023 at 11:02 PM, mvdveer said:

Going to switch to gyroid and see how that prints. Love this forum - lots of learning opportunities.

I always use Gyroid from the beginning of my 3d adventure with the Prusa as it offers hi structural strength in any direction and is easy to print without crossing lines :

Gyroid.thumb.jpg.d53b75006be0a2baea218a1dcc97f353.jpg

(currently printing the Prusacaster for my son)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mbunjes said:

I don't know why and it's probably silly but I'm so proud to have received my serial !

And so you should be. We all share the joy. Not silly at all - great achievement - build by and one of it's own VT922

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbunjes said:

I don't know why and it's probably silly but I'm so proud to have received my serial !

It's not silly in the least, it is an achievement which should be recognised. As @mvdveer says we've enjoyed the journey as well. I thinks it's a good way to finish(*) out a build.

(*) I say "finish" but  we know the tinkering and modding never stops.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the very kind words. I'd like to thank my parents, my colleagues and of course, the academy.......

Seriously though, I have a bit of a problem. 

According to the manual, I have to place inserts in the LCD front cover but the holes are too big and the material is way too thin. I've tried one and the insert immediately melted right through. 
Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

Screenshot - 12-Mar-23 , 15_52_39.jpg

Edited by mbunjes

2 minutes ago, mbunjes said:

According to the manual, I have to place inserts in the LCD front cover but the holes are too big and the material is way too thin. I've tried one and the insert immediately melted right through. 
Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

It is a little hard to see in that picture, but the front accent piece is on the other side. The heat set inserts are used to connect those two separate pieces.

• 2 months later...

So. Started at 1200 and at 1700 had a working Canbus system and no errors reported in Fluidd.. Since I still had to use several building sources and so many ways leading to Rome I'm going to write a comprehensive guide on how I did it. So as not to forget and maybe help some other poor struggling soul.

• Like 2

I wonder if anybody could help me : is it possible to insert lines of code in a MS Word document that could be copied and pasted in a command prompt ? I understand that word inserts so many formatting code that a normal copy and paste doesn't work.

Instead of Word, use a code editor. I long used RJ Texted, but recently moved over to the more popular Notepad++, I even have a GCode language highlighter in it that approximates what Mainsail/Fluidd show you. At the very least, just use good old Notepad. That eliminates any weird encoding silliness that Word will introduce. If you're going from a Word doc you already have, run the copy/paste through Notepad first to see what the actual ASCII is.

• Like 1

Notepad++ is my default text editor but the problem is (was, I found the solution) I want to incorporate pictures and a nice lay-out as well. I have all the code in Notepad++ . I found out that when you set the language in Npp to HTML , select the code, right-click and choose plug-in commands : copy text with syntax highlighting you can then paste the code without any embellishments into Word. Works a treat.

• Like 2