Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

11 hours ago, mbunjes said:

Wiring, wiring😬, not my happiest moment

Join the club. That's one of the reasons I decided on a kit. Getting a wiring harness - no crimping - wouldn't that be nice. Especially since @smirk referred to me as Rapunzel 😂

• Haha 1

And this is what it looks like with the wiring done.

I am a bit al a loss now, apart from two connectors for the A and B motors the build is finished I guess.
I don't know whether the soft- and firmware installing and configuration also has a place here on this build blog but I'm sure the honorable mods and members of this illustrious forum will set me straight.

IMG_20220922_122513.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbunjes said:

And this is what it looks like with the wiring done.

Absolutely beautiful. An inspiration to us all.

3 minutes ago, mbunjes said:

I don't know whether the soft- and firmware installing and configuration also has a place here on this build blog

That is up to you whether you want to continue to share. Great job!! Well done - loved the journey and following your adventures. 

There HAS to be an extra mystery part, right?

Looks great! Now for the software/firmware install and the tuning. I spent longer on the tweaking & tuning than on the physical build, but it was just as fun in the masochistic way that the wiring was fun. Feel free to keep sharing the software side if you want--there's likely to be even more questions there than from the physical build.

• Like 1

Good afternoon. It's been a while, true to the spirit of this blog.

I've started testing now and immediately some problem arises : my A motor doesn't work. Checked the wiring for continuity, tried swapping with B motor, checked working of the stepper with a LED, tried swapping stepper driver, checked pins in printer.cfg.

The motor is working as far as I can tell, just not connected to my Octopus. I hope I haven't fried it.

I hope somebody has a suggestion what else I can try.