Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

4 hours ago, mbunjes said:

It's only a model 3 B+ but I think it will work just as well

Only!?! That's like enough silicon to buy half of Scotland (the good half!) I'm sure it'll be enough, I've been quite impressed by the PI Zero (2) that I've got running my second V0.1 (which I've still not finished <sigh>) but from all the tests I've done on it, it's performed so your 3B+ will be fine (if you're not planning on becoming High King of the Glens, and Lord of the Tatty Mines).

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smirk said:

Only!?! That's like enough silicon to buy half of Scotland (the good half!) I'm sure it'll be enough, I've been quite impressed by the PI Zero (2) that I've got running my second V0.1 (which I've still not finished <sigh>) but from all the tests I've done on it, it's performed so your 3B+ will be fine (if you're not planning on becoming High King of the Glens, and Lord of the Tatty Mines).

mmm  tatties

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smirk said:

I'm afraid you lost me the where the what of the who ? Please have mercy on this uneducated Dutch peasant !

2 minutes ago, mbunjes said:

the where the what of the who

Well, if that's the title you wish to use then absolutely fine. As soon as you hand over the 3B, you'll own half of Scotland (the good bit mind), and the Scottish peasants will call you anything that you wish. Being fully authoirsed by the Scottish Governement to transact this sale you can absolutely trust me.....honest......but you better hurry, I hear that @mvdveer is after the whole thing.

Nice. I flipped my Octopus around the other way. That minimized the amount of mains wiring and kept it pretty much all to the corner with the WAGOs and the inlet.

I'll admit, i'm kind of jealous of those huge tracts of space the 350 gives you. The 250 electronics bay gets really cozy--even without the 5V power supply.

Something I've been wondering : the PIF package does not provide mounting parts for the panels so printing ABS parts for the panels without the panels will be difficult.
How do people resolve this dilemma ?

Edited by mbunjes

1 hour ago, mbunjes said:

How do people resolve this dilemma ?

Was fortunate to have an enclosed printer to do this. Other options - a black plastic bag over the current printer, A foldable heat enclosure (Ender / Creality sell these),  a cardboard box enclosure, 

1 minute ago, mbunjes said:

Cardboard box it is then.

Been there, done that. Ender V2 enclosed in all cardboard - Great look - NOT. Efficient in printing ABS - yes. Visual progress ability - NIL unless you have a camera mounted inside with night vision. Good luck!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mbunjes said:

Sold the enclosure (not the Ender)

Still have an Ender 3v2, Ender5 and Ender 5 Plus - prints great. Highly modified though. All running Klipper except Ender 5 still on Marlin. Only mod - a microswiss direct drive conversion - prints like a dream. The other two have linear rails and afterburner toolhead. Why? Just because. Print any better than the Ender 5 - debatable? All a matter of perception. But I cannot resist - have to tinker and change. that's why I am now building Voron 😆

Thinking of converting all to Voron - gives me something to do. And an excuse to keep printing...

• Like 1