Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

Guess you technically could, but I imagine it is really about part conservation. Why require yet another shim/washer thing in the design when you've already got 1mm M5 shims in the mix. I'm guessing the same is true for the bolt - for whatever reason they only need 28mm or 29mm but rather than require a one-off then just shim it. Now I suppose the real question is why design a hole that requires only a 28/29mm long bolt rather than one that requires a "standard" size, but I suppose the shim route was the lesser of two design evils......

• Like 1

Ok, question time, gentlemen : I'm about to order my build plate. Now the BOM calls for a plate measuring 354 x 354.
There are not that many options (in Europe) but the only one that seems to actually be 354 x 354 is the one from Kris3d. However it is sold out.
Lector does sell a plate that, according to the CAD file on their site, is 350 x 350.
My question : how important is the 0.8 cm difference ? Or am I being too anal about this ?

Edited by mbunjes

I was just replying then thought hang on, 0.8cm difference 🤔

However, I  think I'll still stand by my point....I don't think you're being anal, a lot depends on the accuracy of the cutting.Some of the metal wholesalers that I've used and looked at (for other reasons) are generally quoting 1-2mm accuracy on their cuts. To be fair I've not had issues, I think they've been erring on the safe side but I would say  it would be important (imagine if it was really only 348 or349mm). Perhaps 8mm is a heck of a safety margin but I would say it would be better.

I know it would bug me if my bed turned out to be 348 or 349mm.

I should have said  "European union", because since brexit buying from the UK is not really an option anymore.
The first link has taxes paid but 180 euro's ? That's not funny anymore.

The second one does not look like a cast aluminium plate.

Pragmatic yet again!

Glad you got something in the end, I was chortling when you mentioned BRexit and Fermiolabs I keep coming across them when searching for things, and I think "that looks nice" only to add it to the basket and get told "we don't ship to the UK", I'm sure they're really thinking "splitters!"