Voron Trident 350 extremely slow build

mbunjes

I need some help. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong:

I want to calibrate the Z endstop.

Uncomment Z_endstop_position=0 in printer.cfg and remove the position_endstop in the save config section.

G28 to home
Z_TILT_ADJUST
G28 again
Move nozzle to center of bed.

Z_ENDSTOP_CALIBRATE gives me a nice graphic interface to adjust my position, I move the nozzle down until I feel drag, then do a ACCEPT and SAVE_CONFIG

To check I rehome the printer, do a Z-TILT_ADJUST, rehome again, nozzle to center.

Then G90 and G Z0.1 should give me the exact same drag on the paper.....but it doesn't. It's at least 0.1mm higher than it should be. 

What am I doing wrong ?

(I'm doing a cold Z-CALIBRATE)

While i was fighting with damaged Klicky parts, I had to revert to the inductive probe for a bit. Glad I threw it in the toolbox "just in case" thinking it would never come out. I ended up doing that cold calibrate a few times before getting it nailed. I think I just adjusted that 0.1mm and then started a test print. I then did live adjustment and saved that after the print job; after a couple rounds of that it settled in and gave a good first layer without fiddling.

That fiddling with the paper & re-doing it several times reminded me why I love Klicky & auto-z, and why I'm looking forward to Tap so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning, long time no write. I had to take a break from my Trident but we're back !
Now, immediate problem for me is belt tuning. The left belt gives a tone (with a lot of imagination) the right just goes "blonk" with no discernable tone. The recommended Spectroid app is not helping, I see a lot of wriggles and tiny ciphers that disappear immediately before I have a chance to read them. I would like an app that just tells me "this was the frequency I just heard " in big bold letters or maybe someone knows an alternative way of measuring tension ? I know there are some printable tools that let you measure tension but they won't tell me what the right tension is. I've tried a few of them.

I have mentioned before I printed up the Prusa one and have been using that. I know I used the pre-sliced gcode they posted, but I also printed on my Mini and used PETG for it. I know there's remixes out there on Printables and Thingivere. Anyway, that's what I use and I am happy with my belt tuning. I took a couple of pic in my build diary when I recently swapped to the idler pin mod. Easy-peasy, the printer moves smoothly. I haven't re-tuned since I'm still messing around with getting Tap dialed in.

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

I have mentioned before I printed up the Prusa one

Aah yes you did, and you now what, I did print it .Damn I'm really getting old. So how much tension did you use ?

Edited by mbunjes

14 hours ago, mbunjes said:

I know there are some printable tools that let you measure tension but they won't tell me what the right tension is. I've tried a few of them.

Those are the ones I use and let the print tell me if I should tighten or loosen the belts. Ensures even tension across Z and Y. 

• Like 1

Dear Voronisti, today I have a baffling problem. It looks as if I've dialed in a nice Z-offset, but when I start a print (heat soak, Z-tilt adjust) it lays down a beautiful purge line and a nice left side first line of the print but when it starts to move over to the right it disappeares and is obviously too low.
Could it be unequal Y-extrusions ? 

IMG_20230206_140956.jpg