About This File
Huvud Cable Chain Mount
A mount for the Huvud toolhead board that mounts on the back for cleaner wiring but still allows for the use of a cable chain. Moves the assembly 6mm up to clear the chain at X0 as it rises onto the X joint. Has space for airflow between the motor and the Huvud to keep temperatures reasonable and includes a wire tie spot for wires coming out of the chain. Current only configured for 3-bolt generic chains. Works for both Clockwork and LGX.
- (3) M3 heat set inserts for the chain
- (3) M3x6 FHCS to mount the chain
- (2) M3x25 BHCS to mount to the motor
- (4) M3x8 SHCS to mount the Huvud.
- Remove the printed support.
- Install the 3 heat set inserts.
- Remove the upper two screws of the motor.
- Install the mount with the two M3x25 BHCS.
- Attach the Huvud with the four M3x8 SHCS. The screws will thread into the plastic. Be sure to check clearance between electrical components and the M3 BHCS screws underneath
- Attach the chain with the three M3x6 FHCS.
Designed for the Trident but will also work on a V2.4, just be conscious of clearance to the Z chain.