Enraged Rabbit Project

mvdveer

9 hours ago, mvdveer said:

I used the moons pancake and it is working great.

IMG_4112.thumb.jpeg.7e76e91fb6a8f7bbc7580cd610a3e079.jpeg

Perfect! That's the one I have out my old Afterburner!!.. Now I just need to find the two screws that I removed from it!

Edit:  Did someone say Pancakes?

image.thumb.jpeg.ab320a8a4eca1bcc39a17c3c0d41e42c.jpeg

Edited by StalkS
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Buurman said:

Aaah, I thought you went full size, well I did, I can pull this thing apart I think 😂😂

Full size won't matter - will work just as well.

Started the software part, first thing I noticed is that the easybrd thingy didn’t start, or show lights when powered. When I took out the connectors to the devices it started. Or I connected one of them wrongly (very possible) or it doesn’t work till flashed right. The part on how things are wired in the sensor part is skipped in the manual, no color order is mentioned in it so I needed to guess. Left to right, red, black, signal. But chances are the sensor is upsidedown and it’s the other way around .

for the software part got an error on command not found when trying to push the firmware, but it was late and try again today.

I et the feeling there is a twist in the wiring for the encoder.

This is the side of the encoder what would asume in colors, from left to right:

Green/Blue --> RED --> BLACK

image.png.a15f70fb41a84be906a8916ec6471b19.png

On the board side:

GREEN/BLUE --> BLACK --> RED

image.png.533d89a30b99ff3f05b05bb44e9ce9c2.png

So the RED and BLACK seem to change places.

Badly documented, I will test it, hope i didnt break my encoder already.

42 minutes ago, Buurman said:

So the RED and BLACK seem to change places.

Badly documented, I will test it, hope i didnt break my encoder already.

Yes you are correct - I ignored the diagram in the manual and wired according to the encoder PCB.

Black = GND, Red = VCC and Green = Out/Signal

43 minutes ago, Buurman said:

hope i didnt break my encoder already.

You can test it by wiring it up and then bringing a black object towards it. The LED should turn on, then off when you remove the black object.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, It looks like my TCRT 5000 sensor has been put together in hurry - Would either of you mind confirming if this the same on yours (deliberate) or, if I need to reseat/resolder the sensor? 

image.thumb.jpeg.10a1d89df8ed4f678210a4460499858a.jpeg

Thanks

1 hour ago, StalkS said:

if I need to reseat/resolder the sensor?

No, I ordered about 10 of those after the original was found to be faulty and they all like that. Won't affect the function.

IMG_4122.thumb.jpeg.2460e74f4859b5f1017abfede16ff689.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, mvdveer said:

You can test it by wiring it up and then bringing a black object towards it. The LED should turn on, then off when you remove the black object.

Think I broke it already, not physical, but because I first wired it +/- wrong way around.

During calibration I get an error since it says it detects no movement. I also have no light. Hope the EASY board aint broken too

ordered a few new ones, luckily these things are cheap.

I do have a weird thing...

Im calibrating the SERVO and UP is fine (default 30) using ANGLE 130 its fine, returnes perfect to UP when command is given. But using DOWN command, its sounds aweful, it DOES go to the set 130 angle in the config, but it sounds like someone kicks my ERCF twice. again ANGEL/UP commands running smooth, right numbers in parameters file (30/130), but using DOWN command there is a strange sound.

UPDATE EDIT:

Its the gear motor that makes this sound during a Servo_DOWN command.

Why would he get involved on that command?

UPDATE EDIT2:

From Discord member: Happens with EASY board - You need a reliable 5V, from Octopus board, or I am thinking maybe the power supply for the RPi?

• Like 1

Ok, got the sensor to work, I STILL managed to wire it wrongly, had NEG & SIG still twisted.

Pff, I am blaming my double EYE infection so I cant see shit... but im deeply ashamed as ex electrician.. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2023 at 9:22 AM, mvdveer said:

The solution was to mount the buffer array slightly higher than the ERCF unit, thus filament runs down and not up.

Did this really help in the end? running ito it now, seems like the "spring" like winding on the buffer... kinda wants to pull back the filament and, well that happens, but if I need to lower the ERCF with the default mounts, that will get 2/3cm of downforce (watching to much F1) ....  if it helped you, I will go that path too, since yeah, filament falls out the gate..

20230417_142520158_iOS.jpg

• Like 3

@Buurman Setup looking really good. Seems like dejavu - you seem to run into the same issues I have. Keep persisting. In the end I did not change the mounting of the buffer array - kept it where it was (like yours) and seems to be working ok now. As you said it was the tension on the coils in the array that pulled the filament out. I just loosened the coils around the buffer wheel.

1 minute ago, Buurman said:

I run 3 spins in the buffers, you?

4 spins - loosly wound - seems to be working well. Ended up taking off the "wings" as they seemed to interfere with the filament when it rewinds. Once I get a successful print, I will put them back and see what happens

11 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

4 spins - loosly wound - seems to be working well. Ended up taking off the "wings" as they seemed to interfere with the filament when it rewinds. Once I get a successful print, I will put them back and see what happens

I took off the few I had on too, since it’s hard to put the filament in with these things on. Possibly I like the look more without them.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, mvdveer said:

Got all the gates working. Fitting a no10 top hat locker made no difference at all. Had to reprint two top hats and replaced the ones in gate 2 and 4. Re-fitted with the no3 top hat lockers and filament grip is good. (Why this would have caused the problem, I do not know)

Set up the superslicer profile.

image.thumb.png.08e45e07d1c879ef30e9733a8bbcaba9.png

Entered the custom GCode for the tool change:

image.png.acae15624d61333c040ae8c0715a8739.png

Selected the profile:

image.thumb.png.debb9f6b54729aee1b63c236c127b51c.png

Now to figure out how to slice a multicolor print.

Did you also add this to your print start?

ERCF_CHANGE_TOOL_STANDALONE TOOL={initial_extruder}

by manual they say a mandatory thing, yet, the manual seems old and lots of things have changed....

I also setup the klipperscreen for my Bunny Whabbit, and gave all gates a color and filament type.. its still not flawless, sometimes filaments sticks out of the gate.. auch.. or isnt loaded, but 80% of the time it seems to work.

Maybe I need 4 spins of buffer, so the 70cm of filament isnt pushing to hard at the gate.. that may be an issue..

But its fun to watch.. loved the calibration where it loads filament out from all 6 gates.. and when it works.. of course.

Had no challenges on slipping gates. all seem to grip alright. Lets try and start a print...

EDIT UPDATE:  the right command should be:

ERCF_CHANGE_TOOL_STANDALONE=1 TOOL={initial_extruder}

Manual is wrong.

• Like 1

Now running into issues that he keeps on PAUSING and reports a CLOG has been detected. I notice, even though its all quite smooth, the Extruder is not able to pull the filament trough the whole system without slipping or just not handling it all..

Already tightened the filament squash screw, although I rather not, still it happens, mostly of course when the buffer is "out" and it needs to pull the filament trough all the bents..

Sorry for keeping on spamming this thread, but its becoming a source of information on all thats ERCF...

I ran into this friction thing, and got so impatient I pulled out some filament for now, since I need to print some parts.

I will try this, found it on Discord:

https://discord.com/channels/460117602945990666/909743915475816458/1023728288092389406

Good calibration that may help..

8 hours ago, Buurman said:

ERCF_CHANGE_TOOL_STANDALONE TOOL={initial_extruder}

No I have not. Been so busy with work have not had time to do any fun stuff. The situation will be the same for the next two weeks. Just finished calibration, then started the changes to superslicer. I believe this comment goes into the Gcode in the slicer, not the Start macro

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

Sorry for keeping on spamming this thread, but its becoming a source of information on all thats ERCF...

Not spamming the thread - will change the topic to Enraged Rabbit Project, so all builds can be included. Good to have a centralised thread for ALL

• Like 1

• mvdveer changed the title to Enraged Rabbit Project
10 hours ago, mvdveer said:

into the Gcode in the slicer, not the Start macro

Yeah, thats what I meant, but didnt write down properly, the print start of your Slicer indeed.

This will grab the first Filament used from your gcode, can be helpful, yet, my guess is, when he does this, he will heat up your nozzle, what isnt great for your TAP. Other choice is load your first filament manually, but then you can forget.

• Like 1

Today I will try to fine tune the friction, and see if my extruder call pull it without slipping/triggering clog warnings.

The more loops you have, the more friction, so @mvdveer you may consider 3 loops, instead of 4 if possible.

I will otherwise start .. cant believe im saying this... This project... single loop.

https://github.com/jseriff/printable-single-buffer

image.thumb.png.94f493e37ec2334e7c64df2205169e55.png

• Like 3

EDIT: Lowering the velocity and acceleration settings worked! !  WooHoo!! I was too tired last night to continue.  I'd still be interested in the settings though! 😉

velocity: from 200 to 100
accel: from 600 to 200

Hey @mvdveer Thank you for officially opening the thread up to everyone. 😃

I've been lurking in the background slowly getting my ERCF up and kind running.  The setup of my "ERCF Fly Board V1.1" took so long but I finally got it flashed and have successfully been through most of the initial setup except....

..... I'm hitting the whining motor issue with my Nema 17 Pancake when performing the 50 cm Encoder Calibration (the 20cm gear Calibration worked just fine!).

Would you be able to share the  'FILAMENT DRIVE GEAR STEPPER' section from your ercf_hardware.cfg as you are using the same Moon pancake Stepper?

I know @Buurman is using the larger Nema 17 stepper so I might have to switch to that one. 

I am going to try reducing the velocity and acceleration settings to see if that helps.

Let the fun continue!