Enraged Rabbit Project

mvdveer

Decided to print the filament guides. But BEWARE - you will need to print 24 guards and 24 attachment clips. A lot of plastic for aesthetics or functionality?

Here are some photos of the completed back bottom rail:

Before:

IMG_4093.thumb.jpeg.c57d06e30bf84637d8360642f1a54308.jpeg

After:

IMG_4100.thumb.jpeg.ff54159d2474f1267ef0e6465f306f83.jpeg

IMG_4099.thumb.jpeg.19dceadde076d46237bdad0666bd19aa.jpeg

And side view with all 24 Protectors on:

IMG_4101.thumb.jpeg.b14c12146efa862417319b99fca11afd.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, mvdveer said:

IMG_4099.thumb.jpeg.19dceadde076d46237bdad0666bd19aa.jpeg

@mvdveer I do like how they look, few things I notice...

I see you used screw in bowden adapters in the bottom, I tried that on my first and noticed they didnt fit properly, and found out you need the click in versions for it, full plastic. You probably noticed, but just screwed them in anyway, like I did on my first set.

I also see you have these locker strips, but you have them with bowden tube holes, I dont have these in my downloads by default and found that its these:

https://github.com/probably-Erwins-Cat/ERCF-Buffer-Array/blob/main/STL/locker/40mm-spacing/locker flat loop/6x-locker-with-loop (Meshed).stl

Thanks for the photos, otherwise I didnt figure this out till later... 

BTW.. "clicking" on these lockers... how is you experience? (I mean.. its kinda hard right?)

6 minutes ago, Buurman said:

I see you used screw in bowden adapters in the bottom,

The original spool managemnt has the 10mm adapter for the bowden adapters, so I thought these would to.  I had the clip in adapters but they were too small. Since ordered some different ones.

8 minutes ago, Buurman said:

found that its these:

That is what I used. And yes, they are fiddly to attach

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

The original spool managemnt has the 10mm adapter for the bowden adapters, so I thought these would to.  I had the clip in adapters but they were too small. Since ordered some different ones.

Yeah, I also had the smaller ones so ordered the bigger ones...

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002538357279.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

Just for reference... I think these are the right ones.

17 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

That is what I used. And yes, they are fiddly to attach

Good, I thought... it was just me 😛 

8 hours ago, Buurman said:

Did the bowden tubes fit trough the holes by default on the locker strips?? @mvdveer

They did, but was very tight. I ended up enlarging them with a 4mm drill bit to make it easier to slip through

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:16 AM, mvdveer said:

Thanks, will get some and see

Can confirm, they fit. by themsel they are not ixed very well, but with the tube in, they dont go anywhere...

I correct above, you really need to push them in hard, they have a rubber ring, ones full in (i used a rubber hammer) they are tight!!

On 4/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, mvdveer said:

IMG_4101.thumb.jpeg.b14c12146efa862417319b99fca11afd.jpeg

Yours are more secure, but im pretty sure the StarWars wings should go on with magnets 😉

But thanks for being BETA man, I learned so much from looking at your photos, etc, I am not sure if I otherwise had the patience...

• Like 1

Got the kit today,,, thats a lot of little bags.. and I have two endstop switches, one with 90 degrees angles connections and a straight one, can seem to find out, where a second switch would go in the build, dont know which one to use .. 🙈

And first thing I put together, I break... ok... print again and try again.. calm down... 😛  

• Like 1
  • Voron FTW! 1

7 hours ago, Buurman said:

StarWars wings should go on with magnets

Now that is a good thought. But you will need an awful lot of magnets. If you use the current design you will need 96 magnets.

4 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Some of this parts remind me of the geniuses at work on designing these parts..  pff, incredible.

That looks great - love that color. This whole build reminded me on how talented these designers are. The way the components fit, is astounding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mvdveer said:

Now that is a good thought. But you will need an awful lot of magnets. If you use the current design you will need 96 magnets.

Your point??

Ok I am thinking about only using winges on the outside ones... I agree, its so much plastic...But I do have al ot of magnets 😛 (stupid magnet panels)

Just now, Buurman said:

Your point??

May need to change the design to allow it to attach with one magnet only - then you only need 48. I also don't have the patience for it. For aesthetics you can do the 4 outside wings.

• mvdveer changed the title to Enraged Rabbit Project