Enraged Rabbit Project

mvdveer

11 minutes ago, cobretti said:

the sturdy handles variation since I always struggle to move this printer.

I looked at that but the top plexiglass interfered with the mounting of the extrusions, therefor the feet solution.

5 hours ago, cobretti said:

Will have to go top mount too so ordered extrusions for the mounting and thinking about the sturdy handles variation since I always struggle to move this printer.

I found that in my case handles never help... they are never in the right place...

I always just take off the side panels if I need to move it, easier.

20230403_070301846_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Buurman said:

hat tension Top hat lockers did you use? (the ones with the dots 1-5)

I printed 1, 2 and 3 and currently as suggested by the manual have 1 in there. Seems to grip the filament good enough. Once I do the filament testing, I will be better able to say whether they are the ones, or if I need to swap them out for the 2. I suspect if you are going to print flexible, you would need the 3 or 4.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:31 PM, Buurman said:

Noticed you didnt print the FILA shields? any reason,

Not really, I think they are just there to hide the coiled filament. May also improve the look of the unit. May still print them at some stage

7 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Not really, I think they are just there to hide the coiled filament. May also improve the look of the unit. May still print them at some stage

and they take some time to print, hex pattern (not infill) isnt too friendly to acceleration 😛 

The part do look stunning, I will add them for sure, even if they are just for show..

Other parts on this thing look cool too, starting to get enthusiastic to build it!! (that will change soon during config, I understand) hahaha!

20230404_054907825_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

PS. above Stealthburner with sensor says you need a 7mm ball bearing, but its a 7mm bearing ball! not the same 😛

I went with a steel balls set, so for the future I have some different sizes too.

Well got the LGX Lite installed and hopefully can continue testing once everything is dialled in again (Ellis Tune guide here we come - AGAIN!) 

Had to reprint the Stealthburner and as I had black ABS loaded, this is what I went with for the time being.

Was a pain to mount the SB2040 as the little lower mount kept breaking. Printed about 8 of those. (attached the file but it seems the peg attachment to the plate is just structurally weak) Any ideas on how to strengthen this? This fits in the 3mm hole of the SB2040 board, but snaps every time.  The fusion between the base and peg is just not strong enough. I have tried printing with up to  100% infill from the standard 40. Does not alter the fact that it breaks

image.thumb.png.463ce6c779e93a88228e13b7c4743dde.png

Changes the whole look of the printer the all black toolhead

IMG_4090.thumb.jpeg.2f553466aaf48f14de8f96afe1567e64.jpeg

When I get some time, I will continue the final testing of the Enraged Rabbit Feeder.

Edit: Found an alternative mount that I'll try:

MK_LGXLite_SB2040_lower_mount.stl

@mvdveer sorry if i missed it, is there a manual for the ERCF BUFFER ARRAY part?

I can figure it out I think, but seems like there is a manual i missed? 

I mean, the heat inserts, I THINK they or in the bottom of the buffer array part, but from the top may also be possible, so you screw the from the bottom, I think the last one is correct, since I notice a curout hole in the part that goes on top.

Where the m5 lock nuts needs to go.. uhhmm not sure. or does he mean a m5 hex nut? (i think so)

Nevermind, default manual..nice job Maikel (idiot) (thats me)

8 hours ago, Buurman said:

is there a manual for the ERCF BUFFER ARRAY part?

No manual for the buffer array, The heatserts are in the same place as the original array - on the feet - one top, one bottom and then one in the centre post.  5mm hexnut on the lower post to hold the "wheel"

6 hours ago, Buurman said:

Well, its a start, I hope it helps anyone out there, setting it up..

Nice colors. I have reverted back to printing on smooth PEI. Getting better results with Voron Tap, better tolerance then on the structured plate. But that may just be me. Remember the days we printed on glass?

• Like 2

Build Manual P106: Calibration

So the fun has started. Calibration failed on first attempt. ERCF homed easily, Selected gate 0, loaded the filament, motor engaged to push filament to toolhead but no filament advancing.

Did some individual testing and I think I need to replace the lockers - some slippage detected.

image.thumb.png.23d2ce7f11f2ebb7467c60a7ba0d5a52.png

So @Buurman when you start the build, probably start with the lockers with only inserting one locker, test filament grip.

Now this is going to be a pain to remove and replace. Plan is to only replace Tool 0 locker, rerun the test and see

I think someone mentioned printing spares. Well, I just needed some. Broke a peg of two tophats, trying to get them out of the ERCF to change the TopHat lockers. Back to priniting. Seems my setup needs the lockers no 3 (3 dots). Tested it on the first gate and feeding ok. Finish the print, rebuild the tophats and onto calibrating. Removed the gear and magnet already.

IMG_4095.thumb.jpeg.81871f0400654970f91afbb7167a4052.jpeg______> IMG_4096.thumb.jpeg.4c45069f711b8ffff63a09ff84d66ec0.jpeg

Now this is frustrating!

Was tempted just to superglue the thing - but that would have been just stupid.

22 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Nice colors. I have reverted back to printing on smooth PEI. Getting better results with Voron Tap, better tolerance then on the structured plate. But that may just be me. Remember the days we printed on glass?

Well my prints are good and I still like the structured look more than the smooth. But it’s just not working for this use since there is grip 😂 not good for smooth function of the wheels.

and damn… I see still a long journey is following.. I like to put it together but getting it to work seems like a pain 😂😂 maybe I’ll keep it just for show 😆🤪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buurman said:

I like to put it together but getting it to work seems like a pain

No, just a lot of fiddling and patience. Two assets I lack.

Me: Fumbly hands and "I want it now"

• Like 1

• mvdveer changed the title to Enraged Rabbit Project