Enraged Rabbit Project

mvdveer

11 hours ago, claudermilk said:

At least that's the impression I get for that, and I've only just barely started playing with Orca Slicer.

You are correct - found this video. But priorities - finish the ERCF software setup in SS first and get a successful print, then play around with Orcaslicer. 

Well, have done the tip tuning and entered values in Superslicer. Took quite a bit of time to tune it to a satisfactory point. 

I have developed a basic spreadsheet to keep track of these changes and include it for whoever will find it helpful.

Here are the results:

IMG_4395.thumb.jpeg.b5f8e1fe0530064e7e1b3aab26d3872b.jpeg

and explained in the Excel spreadsheet:

Tip Formation Analysis.xlsx

Let's try another multicolour print.

• Like 1

Whooo - Hoooo. Persistence paid off!

Finally can put an end to the ERCF saga - I have conquered ERCF. Now I can end this saga. 4 color multiprint: 

IMG_4406.thumb.jpeg.c6bd2ba34339ce989aa33cb342f29d9e.jpeg    IMG_4407.thumb.jpeg.8012c8358d7dde59c9c010994a47c5d1.jpeg  IMG_4410.thumb.jpeg.c7ca39b61343eed50e611c008b472316.jpeg

Lessons learned:

1. Be meticulous in EVERY ASPECT - Build, Calibration, Settings

2. Be anal in the build

3. Do not take shortcuts

4. Read the manual - not once, not twice, not thrice - READ the MANUAL!

5. Follow the calibration steps to the LETTER - Follow the manual word for word

6. Take your time to get the ideal tip formation

7. Ensure you have a well build printer to start off with.

8. Remember to enter your values in your slicer profile.

9. Did I say READ THE MANUAL and FOLLOW it meticulously?

Will I ever use this? Who knows?

It was a challenge and I am happy that I took it on and managed to successfully build, calibrate and implement it.

It was fun.

Onto the next project.

• Voron FTW! 6

Just finished reading this thread. 🤯

may buy the kit. Opinions on the triangle labs kit va the fystec?  Or should I just stick to single colors or by a bambu labs x1 carbon?

or better yet. Focus on finishing my 2.4 and getting it dialed in. 

I’ll be back to read it again before I get started. But still interested in the thoughts of which kit is more reliable. 

4 hours ago, Pappy3831 said:

Just finished reading this thread. 🤯

may buy the kit. Opinions on the triangle labs kit va the fystec?  Or should I just stick to single colors or by a bambu labs x1 carbon?

or better yet. Focus on finishing my 2.4 and getting it dialed in. 

I’ll be back to read it again before I get started. But still interested in the thoughts of which kit is more reliable. 

If I may offer some advice:

Finish the 2.4 and dial it in. Print with it for a couple of months or more. DO some upgrades/mods, etc. 

If you are really sure you are going to do lots of multicolour prints - then re-look at the ERCF. And, I would most likely go with a kit - easier that way. It is a challenging build and your printer has to be dialled in a 100% to get a good ERCF assembled. 

I build it for the challenge of it and because I had a kit lying around for over a year. Would I do it again? Probably not.

Will I build another Voron ? (I have 7) - most definitely YES.

My next challenge is a Tridex. But I have a V-Minion that needs building, so that will be up next when time permits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s good sound advice and I appreciate it. And that’s what I already figured I’d do.  And even thought of building another voron.  As far as multicolor prints, I’d be at the mercy of others designs for the most part.  So the multicolor would just be a challenge to fiddle with. But I want to get my voron going first. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while but I thought I'd post a quick photo update - Still nowhere near @mvdveer but getting closer.

PXL_20230526_081349979.thumb.jpg.a1afd39f456d859d9d6950840a6967ed.jpg

PXL_20230526_081550657.thumb.jpg.766f8b7ee6f689e7b9601337a41f09cb.jpg

PXL_20230526_081509820.thumb.jpg.5cf9aeac951e200211d59e2856a3059f.jpg

After a few tests everything seems to load & unload, tips seem ok...... but I am unable to test anymore as I am having real issues with my second layers, for the life of me I cannot good adhesion and the prints are shocking and fail (This started to happen before the ercf setup so I am doing some maintenance and recalibrating the whole 2.4 setup from scratch to see if I can make it go away.

Then... back to the ercf!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StalkS said:

After a few tests everything seems to load & unload, tips seem ok..

Looking good. Perseverance is the key, as long as you can get over the frustration of it all.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:12 PM, claudermilk said:

Probably a dumb question, but have you cleaned your plate? I see some fingerprints.

First layer plate adhesion is great, it's just an issue with the second layer. I'm trying the elephants feet fixes so will keep you updated.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, nocturno said:

Hi. for some reason when the ERCF unload the filament it ends too far from the gates and can't load it again. Any tip to fix this? Thanks

You might need to recalibrate your encoder as per instructions on page 101 of the manual.

image.thumb.png.b67935fc77b4c542862474da3685c97f.png

Another tip is to blacken out the encoder gear, then shine the teeth to get better readings. See here for more detail

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I havent been working on this but, I moved my printer to another place (out of my office, since I feel like ASA printing is really bad for your health, even filtered....

So made a new setup and decided to put the Enraged Rabbit in between... 

Yet, getting back into this ... mhhh, Voron/Klipper is clean again, need to start from scratch on software..

Since I now use CANBUS, Im not sure if this influences anything, but many do, so there must be a way.

I get no result on :

ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/

(well the error)

But I would expect something to show up here... 

I guess I dont need any special software to just read out the MCU, USB is connected and 24V power.

Ideas are welcome, like I said.. been out of it, lost a bit of knowledge here 😛

20230804_150738329_iOS.jpg

EDIT: This was a DEBIAN bug, I posted a topic in the tutorials for it to fix it.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:11 AM, mvdveer said:

Well, have done the tip tuning and entered values in Superslicer. Took quite a bit of time to tune it to a satisfactory point. 

I have developed a basic spreadsheet to keep track of these changes and include it for whoever will find it helpful.

Here are the results:

IMG_4395.thumb.jpeg.b5f8e1fe0530064e7e1b3aab26d3872b.jpeg

and explained in the Excel spreadsheet:

Tip Formation Analysis.xlsx 13.09 kB · 13 downloads

Let's try another multicolour print.

How did test this exactly? not directly from SS I assume, but in a macro?

EDIT: Never mind, Read the F**ing manual Maikel... 😛  Command is there.

_ERCF_FORM_TIP_STANDALONE

• Haha 1

Now getting the error at filament change point in the print.

The value 'extruder2' is not valid for EXTRUDER

Probably a SS thing he sends at change of filament, so need to find it and change it.

EDIT: This is a bug in SS, installed the latest BETA and this is fixed. Also other errors I got during filament swap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buurman said:

This is a bug in SS, installed the latest BETA and this is fixe

Is that the Mar,5th release?

Good to know however.  I have packed the ERCF away until I find a permanent home for the printer, where the ERCF and more importantly, the spools can be mounted. BTW - Like your setup - looks really good- just watch your back with the printer that low down.

• Like 1

Also ran into another SS bug, that isnt fixed yet.

I trows in a "G1 F-2147483648" in the gcode, that cancels your print, since it doesnt make sense.

To ways in fixing this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/909743915475816458/1138100810006417499/image.png

1. make sure none of these fields are on 0, and that the last two fields when substracted from eachother dont end up on 0.

So I changed the last field to -53.6 to end up in a 0.2 difference.

2. alternative fix is to create a filter, that filters out the gcode, looking for G1 F-2147483648 and replace it with nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't have a voron (vcore) but I still hope someone might help me 🙏
Is someone able to help me with the cfg for stepper motors when ercf is connected to octopus? 
I wired it to my octopus pro STM32F446, servo is working, endstop is working but if I try to home it I get "Unable to read tmc uart register ifcnt"

I checked the wiring and the stepper drivers, If I connect the ercf motors to my x/y axis and home the printer the ercf motors are moving. The stepper drivers are working as I tested them on xy axis
Don't know where to look at and I think is a config problem.
Can someone have a look over it please? 

[tmc2209 manual_extruder_stepper gear_stepper]
uart_pin:PC7
uart_address: 0
interpolate: True
run_current: 0.5 # NEMA14 motor
hold_current: 0.1 # Can be small
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0 # 999999 to enable stealthChop

[manual_extruder_stepper gear_stepper]
step_pin: PG4
dir_pin: PC1
enable_pin: !PA0
rotation_distance: 22.7316868 # Bondtech 5mm Drive Gears. Must be manually verified and tuned.
gear_ratio: 80:20
microsteps: 8  # Recommend 8 or 16. Try both to avoid Klipper 'Timer too close' error (also try adjusting num_moves)
full_steps_per_rotation: 200 # 200 for 1.8 degree, 400 for 0.9 degree
velocity: 50
accel: 400
#
# Uncomment if you want to use sensorless SELECTOR with the ERCF EASY BRD (yes, this is on the gear stepper!)
# This should be the pin of the physical selector endstop and is used to determine the difference between the true
# endstop and a blockage preventing selector movement. Don't forget to set 'sensorless_selector: 0' in ercf_parameters.cfg
#endstop_pin: ^{gear_endstop_pin} # Comment if using physical endstop switch (default)

# SELECTOR STEPPER  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[tmc2209 manual_stepper selector_stepper]
uart_pin: PF2
uart_address: 1
run_current: 0.5 # NEMA17 motor
hold_current: 0.3 # Can be small if not using sensorless selector
interpolate: True
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0 # 999999 to enable stealthChop
diag_pin: PG15
# Uncomment the lines below if you want to use sensorless selector homing
# (and configure ercf_parameters.cfg correctly)
# or comment out if using physical endstop switch (default)
#diag_pin: ^{selector_diag_pin} # Set to MCU pin connected to TMC DIAG pin
#driver_SGTHRS: 75 # 255 is most sensitive value, 0 is least sensitive

[manual_stepper selector_stepper]
step_pin: PF9
dir_pin: PF10
enable_pin: !PG2
rotation_distance: 40
microsteps: 16  # Don't need high fidelity
full_steps_per_rotation: 200 # 200 for 1.8 degree, 400 for 0.9 degree
velocity: 200
accel: 600
#
# Select the endstop switch physical (for normal selector) or virtual (sensorless selector homing)
endstop_pin: ^PG11
#endstop_pin: ^{selector_endstop_pin} # Uncomment for physical homing option (default)

# SELECTOR SERVO -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ercf_servo ercf_servo]
pin: PG15
maximum_servo_angle: 180
minimum_pulse_width: 0.00085
maximum_pulse_width: 0.00215

## ENCODER -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
## The encoder_resolution is determined by running the ERCF_CALIBRATE_ENCODER. Be sure to read the manual
[ercf_encoder ercf_encoder]
encoder_pin: ^PC0 # EASY-BRD: ^ercf:PA6, Flytech ERB: ^ercf:gpio22
encoder_resolution: 1.339226 # Set AFTER 'rotation_distance' is tuned for gear stepper (see manual)

# These are advanced but settings for Automatic clog detection mode. Make sure you understand or ask questions on Discord
desired_headroom: 8.0 # The runout headroom that ERCF will attempt to maintain (closest ERCF comes to triggering runout)
average_samples: 4 # The "damping" effect of last measurement. Higher value means clog_length will be reduced more slowly
flowrate_samples: 10 # How many "movements" on the encoder to measure over for flowrate calc

## TOOLHEAD SENSOR ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Uncomment this section to enable toolhead sensor support
#
# ERCF Toolhead sensor START
#[filament_switch_sensor toolhead_sensor]
#pause_on_runout: False # Must be False
#switch_pin: {dummy_pin_must_set_me}
# ERCF Toolhead sensor END

• 3 months later...