Enraged Rabbit Project

mvdveer

2 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

That looks great - love that color.

Yeah, its the best, and in real life better, as my newest Voron also said when he picked it up.. its great!

Makes it very hard to decide on next color...

Will be getting back to calibration this week, I hope. Work has been somewhat hectic. Been setting up Urgent Care Centres and dealing with staffing issues. Need to get my mind off it. Not that calibrating this thing will be any easier

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Work has been somewhat hectic. Been setting up Urgent Care Centres and dealing with staffing issues.

uuuhm.. that sounds important indeed.. have you tried... a hammer? 😉 

image.png.b6cc302f42fdd155898557e00f565372.png

Take care buddy 😉 

• Haha 2

OK, I knew this was going to be frustrating.

Calibration fails at various points in the test.

Reasons:

1. Filament slips out of the Bowden tube 2.5mm ID where it feeds in from the spools, thus the gate cannot pick it up - it is not there

2. Nema 14 motors "freezes" i.e. whines and stops

Solutions:

Used 2mm ID bowden and slippage eliminated. It is only the black filament that seems to want to get out still. All filament are e-Sun ABS+ (Grey,red,green,blue,black,white)

Replace Nema 14 with Nema17 - Should have listened to Nero3D. So some work to do before testing resume.

@Buurman - my advice. Use nema 17 from the start. I will now have to strip the ERCF down, print a Nema17 mount and try again.

Replace this:

IMG_4111.thumb.jpeg.24c4daf16718629122037d4bb9340ee8.jpeg

With this:

IMG_4112.thumb.jpeg.7e76e91fb6a8f7bbc7580cd610a3e079.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Voron FTW! 1

As an afterthought: Going to try and increase the motor current and see what happens - not to confident this will solve the problem though. Off to work for now

EDIT: Made no difference

Edited by mvdveer

Nema 17motor mounted and problem of whining /freezing solved. However, do not use Bowden with2mm ID - it pinches the filament and prevents it from entering the gate. The solution was to mount the buffer array slightly higher than the ERCF unit, thus filament runs down and not up.

Calibration completed. Can load filament and achieve 2mm of extruded filament on loading. This took some juggling with the numbers in the parameters config. The main two were:

1. The initial Bowden Tube length to achieve calibration

# Bowden tube movement -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Base value for the loading length used by the auto-calibration macro. Please use a value SMALLER than the real reverse
# bowden length (40mm or less). This is ONLY used during calibration, and has no impact on normal running after calibration
calibration_bowden_length: 1200

2. The home_position_to_nozzle value:

# This is the distance of the final filament load from the homing point to the nozzle
# If homing to toolhead sensor this will be the distance from the toolhead sensor to the nozzle
# If extruder homing it will be the distance from the extruder gears (end of bowden) to the nozzle
#
# This value can be determined by manually inserting filament to your homing point (extruder gears or toolhead sensor)
# and advancing it 1-2mm at a time until it starts to extrude from the nozzle.  Subtract 1-2mm from that distance distance
# to get this value.  If you have large gaps in your purge tower, increase this value.  If you have blobs, reduce this value.
# This value will depend on your extruder, hotend and nozzle setup.

home_position_to_nozzle: 80  # was 72changed 15/04		# E.g. Revo Voron with CW2 extruder using extruder homing (62 with toolhead sensor)

Successfully ejects filament and reloads most gates. I have slippage on gates 4 and 5 (the last two). Printing top hat lockers with greater grip strength to replace these. Confident this will solve the problem.

Getting good tips on the filament without really changing anything at this point.

Once I have the top hat lockers on, will install the slicer profile and attempt a multi color print.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Once I have the top hat lockers on, will install the slicer profile and attempt a multi color print.

Fingers crossed! Great work so far, I can't wait to see the first multi-colour print!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Buurman said:

But use the 2.5mm variant you mean?

Yes indeed do - it just works - just beware to mount the buffer array slightly higher than the ERCF if you get the filament falling out of the gate.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, StalkS said:

I love this thread! ... I am almost ready to join the fun

Please join the fun - the more the merrier. Thanks for following along. Your ERCF - looking great so far

Still sorting out an issue with gates 2 and 4 not gripping the filament. Checked the gear alignment and these seem spot on, Filament path is nice and straight and no resistance in manually passing through the gate. Doing an ERCF_TEST_GRIP shows an initial good grip whilst the servo motor is engaged. As soon as the servo motor disengages, (with the servo arm down) the filament can be easily moved. Thus the tension on the top-hat has been released sufficiently to move the filament - thus no grip.

Currently have no5 top hat lockers on these two gates. Am printing lockers 6-10 to try and see if this will solve the issue. My simple mind cannot quite get the reason for this, as all the filament blocks and top hats were printed on the same build plate.

Another cause could be the angle of the servo arm is not acute enough. (Hesitant to change this value as during the initial testing phase broke about four servo arms trying to get the angle right.

Onward we go......

Klipperscreen and Happy Hare:

Just installed Klipperscreen for Happy Hare whilst waiting. Now I got a carrot on my screen.IMG_4117.thumb.jpeg.6015faa777c11e75ffdbb29d5e4e671e.jpegIMG_4116.thumb.jpeg.a69cf6ddc8a4bbc3042a41e630909c9a.jpeg

Whilst I was at it, installed @Buurman background for the V2- 350 Black and White - fits quite well.

as opposed to the multicolor version:

IMG_4118.thumb.jpeg.c9792729dde52aa47923e305aed7802d.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 8:22 AM, mvdveer said:

Nema 17motor mounted and problem of whining /freezing solved. 

Which NEMA 17 did you use? I've got spare pancake but have a feeling it needs to be a bit beefier.

1 hour ago, StalkS said:

Which NEMA 17 did you use? I've got spare pancake but have a feeling it needs to be a bit beefier.

I used the moons pancake and it is working great.

IMG_4112.thumb.jpeg.7e76e91fb6a8f7bbc7580cd610a3e079.jpeg

Got all the gates working. Fitting a no10 top hat locker made no difference at all. Had to reprint two top hats and replaced the ones in gate 2 and 4. Re-fitted with the no3 top hat lockers and filament grip is good. (Why this would have caused the problem, I do not know)

Set up the superslicer profile.

image.thumb.png.08e45e07d1c879ef30e9733a8bbcaba9.png

Entered the custom GCode for the tool change:

image.png.acae15624d61333c040ae8c0715a8739.png

Selected the profile:

image.thumb.png.debb9f6b54729aee1b63c236c127b51c.png

Now to figure out how to slice a multicolor print.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Now to figure out how to slice a multicolor print.

I remember the fun of assembling multi-colour model from the days when I was running dual extruders. It's only going to be fun-er with 6 colours. Enjoy!

• Like 1

• mvdveer changed the title to Enraged Rabbit Project