My first Voron

Stadi

5 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Das inspiriert mich, meine Zweitkamera noch einmal auszuprobieren. Ich habe eine ungeschirmte Verlängerung für meinen OV5640 gebaut und es hat nicht funktioniert. Es liegt in der Ersatzteilkiste. Vielleicht funktioniert ein längerer abgeschirmter USB-Pigtail.

If you do, the second view is definitely an added value

• Like 2

After I gave the exhaust a nicer fan cover and the windows and doors are mounted, I'm probably done with the hardware for the time being. I also mounted the cover for the electronics compartment, I used the usermod with the magnetic holders for this

20221201_163015.thumb.jpg.051fb57cb5a26757bf5cc70581906263.jpg

20221201_104139.thumb.jpg.289a49841e5e3606daec036af9635066.jpg

Now it's time to tweak, tweak, tweak... 😊

• Like 2

Yesterday I had my first little setback: I printed a cube with time lapse and park position on the back and it became the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
at 20mm height about 2mm offset to the side. After looking for something I found the cause: On the A-Drive both grub screws of the pully were completely out. B-Drive was still stuck.
I've now glued them in place with screw lock. I probably would have done better with all of them, but you're always smarter afterwards.
I'm just surprised that he printed individual objects cleanly

20221207_190529.jpg

20221207_190537.jpg

• Like 1

yup, this is #1 of errors caused, these screws WILL come loose if you dont use loctite or something of the sort.

Also mentioned in the manual, pretty well, its not a fun job, but you have to do your other pulleys for sure, it will otherwise bit you in the ass sooner or later, and thats no fun during a 36 hour print or so 😛 

4 minutes ago, Buurman said:

yup, this is #1 of errors caused, these screws WILL come loose if you dont use loctite or something of the sort.

Also mentioned in the manual, pretty well, its not a fun job, but you have to do your other pulleys for sure, it will otherwise bit you in the ass sooner or later, and thats no fun during a 36 hour print or so 😛 

I must have overlooked this note in the manual 🙄

Will definitely secure the screws where I can get it without disassembling the whole printer again to minimize the risk

33 minutes ago, Buurman said:

know, manuals are for suckers

I must be a BIG sucker then. Read the Manuel front to back first, then again, then start the build religiously following instructions. Talk about OCD wii you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stadi said:

I've now glued them in place with screw lock. I probably would have done better with all of them, but you're always smarter afterwards.

Like @Buurman we are always learning, my learning was that locktite eats ABS (probably a lot of other plastics as well). Perhaps less of an issue with wholly metal assemblies like grub screws into pulleys (as there's no plastic) but I found my fat fingers, cack-handedness meant no matter how careful I was there was always a little leakage, spread, blobs. You name it. If I didn't want locktite on it, I ended up with locktite on it. Think of a toddler covered in choclote and little choclotately finger prints all over your house (well perhaps not quite that bad) 🤣

There are plastic safe locking agents (that still allow for dissasembly) but I found then inordinately difficult to source in the UK (most seemed to be shipped form the US at huge cost). Europe might will be better.

Now having said that (and perhaps it's my paranoia) the issue I noted (even with plastic safe stuff) was the intended use and the means of curing. The regular screw lock cures without oxygen (anaerobically) and I think it is the chemicals they use for this "oxygen free" curing process that eat the ABS. A lot of the plastic safe stuff was actually intended to be tamper-evident locking that you would paint onto the assembly externally and therefore requires oxygen so basically no real use for the "airless" environment inside a threaded screw.

Also, don't be tempted to use superglue (anaerobic and plastic safe). Again a mistake I've made in the past and I now have several trophy stepper motors with gears that will never come off.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

I must be a BIG sucker then. Read the Manuel front to back first, then again, then start the build religiously following instructions.

SSSSH! That's a secret! You're a GOM you never admit to reading the manual....you just know because of your superior [age related] wisdom. I'm sure that rule #2 of the GOM manual!??

• Haha 1