My first Voron

Stadi

20 minutes ago, Stadi said:

the printer goes into "pause" when the sensor is triggered, right?

Yes it does, but you can also execute a g-code command by entering:

runout_gcode: FILAMENT_RUNOUT         #the name of the macro you want to call

If you set up a M600 macro this will read

runout_gcode: M600

instead of the

pause_on_runout:true

• Like 1

What @mvdveer said, just write an M600 macro. Here's the entirety of mine:

[gcode_macro M600]
description: Helper: Called to pause when runout detected
gcode:
  {% if printer.print_stats.state|lower == "printing" %} #only do this if it's actually printing
    SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=STATE_M600
    RESPOND TYPE=error MSG="RUNOUT: Filament runout!"
    PAUSE
    LED_FILAMENT_RUNOUT
    RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=STATE_M600
  {% endif %}

Surprisingly not much to these.

As for the bottom panels. I have mine installed. It makes Steve happy ( 😄 ) and I look at it as airflow direction. It forces more of the air across the electronics rather than drop down and escape the sides more easily. Yes, a miniscule amount I'm sure but it makes me feel better. Besides, I have the panel why not use it? I did use the magnetic clips rather than the stock ones, so removal and reinstallation are a literal snap.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:47 PM, Buurman said:

I build this kit all the time, since I sell them afterwards to people who dont have the time or skills to build them themselves.

I like the kit, I do always change some things to the build, but most things you already did.... LCD touch, Klicky, SB with SW2.

They are ok quality, but I do use a Fermio wiring kit half of the time, its way more durable, and thinner,lighter.

I enjoy the kit very much and never had damaged goods in the kit.

just did have wires breaking in my latest kits, the hotend heater wires, I understood the cable manufacturer used a new coating that made them break.. (its been fixed for future kits)

I received 3 new wire kits for free, but I had a lot of spare wiring, since I often use the Fermio wire kits (general, LED wires and leds kit.)

Enjoy the build, if you have any questions, well... I keep an eye on the thread 😉

Appreciate the info on the Fernio wire kit, got a 2.4 from Formbot on the way. Interesting that you resell the printers, shipping cost plus packaging must be a nightmare LOL.

On 11/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, Stadi said:

Another small update: The electrical side is set up and the 230V side is mostly wired. Does the orientation of the octopus have a deeper meaning? I installed it rotated 180° as described in the instructions because I think it makes more sense for the wiring. I will also turn the Pi by 90°

20221106_162853.thumb.jpg.3e46e91f2575a5f7ebee042c46b2cefc.jpg

I also personalized the SB a bit. Small quirk of mine, so far every print head had😁

20221106_145830.thumb.jpg.518a55d5c47b04fdd9dca5406c12906b.jpg

That is so cool, I'm a big Audi enthusiast as well. My ride is a 2012 TTRS!

5C7E09DD-D4FA-4D45-94EF-B9D99FDB22A9_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3

A little more work today:
I didn't like the cables and Wagos behind the building plate, so I made a cover

20221122_191938.thumb.jpg.84cb4139c5e0c7e346b484833f410e47.jpg

I made a bracket for the BTT Runout Sensor and installed and wired it

20221122_191957.thumb.jpg.03d162a659eca19ecbed185a1854980d.jpg

However, the sensor still annoys me: I started a cube that also printed without any problems. while printing, I then started the "M600" manually via the console to check the function. So far, the printer has done what it should: raise Z and move the print head forward to the middle, 50mm retract. i was happy "Resume" selected but forgot to put the filament back in the Extruder, after a short time the BTT triggered and initiated a new M600, I was happy that everything worked.
I then stopped printing. After a while I restarted and after half the first layer, it was printed normally, the BTT triggered although filament was being fed. I'm at a loss. Will check the wiring tomorrow.
Do you happen to know whether 12/24V has to be applied all the time or only while printing

I hope this sensor wasn't a mistake and a normal on/off sensor would have been a better choice

20221122_191950.jpg

• Like 3

After the BTT Smart Filament Sensor got on my nerves yesterday and kept triggering, I checked the wiring again today, but everything was fine. So I dismantled this immature part and used a very simple one that I had lying around from the Anycubic. What can I say, attached, adjusted Printer.config and the part does what it should

Is it actually possible to connect two USB cams at the same time and display them in Mainsail or switch them over if necessary?

From everything I see in the interface it seem Klipper/Mainsail/Fluidd can handle multiple cameras.

For the filament sensor, I just went with the simple one using a microswitch. Works without a hitch 99.9% of the time. It was fiddly getting set up initially to make sure the switch moved smoothly and tripped when it should, but once that was sorted it's just worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

From everything I see in the interface it seem Klipper/Mainsail/Fluidd can handle multiple cameras.

I'm not 100% convinced - tried a very brief experiment with my V0 (naturally has a PI camera) and added a USB camera and it was only 1 or the other.  Think the key is in the interpretation of the entry in webcam.txt and it's use of the word "only":

### Configure which camera to use
#
# Available options are:
# - auto: tries first usb webcam, if that's not available tries raspi cam
# - usb: only tries usb webcam
# - raspi: only tries raspi cam
#
# Defaults to auto
#
#camera="auto"
camera="usb"

Even when I tried two USB cameras (both of which the PI detected). I still only got one image from the USB cameras:

pi@voronpi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 045e:076f Microsoft Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:0823 Logitech, Inc. HD Webcam B910
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1d50:614e OpenMoko, Inc. 
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0424:7800 Standard Microsystems Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

That's only based on a quick - plug-it-in-and-see test so perhaps with some configuration magic it might be possible. The camera stuff in mainsail and klipper "just worked" so I haven't really played with the config much. Some limited futzing with the "camera" option and trying to specify multiple USB and RASPI options makes no difference to the monocular view of things.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, smirk said:

so perhaps with some configuration magic

Of course "Magic" is always the answer. There was something at the back of my mind about URLs. Clearly having my size 9 in my mouth did not help my thought processes.

You just create multiple "webcam.tx"t files e.g. "webcam.txt", "webcam2.txt", "webcam3.txt". The crucial part if the http_options line:

### Configuration of camera HTTP output
#
# Usually you should NOT need to change this at all! Only touch if you
# know what you are doing and what the parameters mean.
#
# Below settings are used in the mjpg-streamer call like this:
#
#   -o "output_http.so -w $camera_http_webroot $camera_http_options"
#
# Current working directory is the mjpg-streamer base directory.
#
#camera_http_webroot="./www-mainsail"
#camera_http_options="-n"
camera_http_options="-n -p 8081"

The default camera port is 8080, so the second camera would be 8081, the third (?!?!) would be 8082......

Haven't found a way of integrating it into the Mainsail console (doubtless more config magic) but certainly going to the printer's/mainsail URL, but URLs for the individual cameras work.

For example in my case it's http://voronpi.local/webcam and http://voronpi.local/webcam2

The magic to add multitple cameras to the mainsail console is through "Interface settings" (the little cog wheels at the top-right) and in the "WEBCAMS" section you can add another camera (this was where I'd seen the camera URL before). Since it defaulted to the same URL I just had to slightly edit the URL to add a "2" into the name!:

mainsail-multiple-cams.jpeg.9b317d66b8eaea5dd10d7feb69c921a3.jpeg

Once you've done that it happily displays both camera images (side by side) on the main display:

mainsail-dual-view.jpeg.fb312355257e3f067b4bcaf5a4044f8f.jpeg

I'll now take the foot out of my mouth 🤪

• Like 3

I have already found the menu in the mainsail console, but if I want to create another camera there, I only get the existing one displayed, probably because I can't get it right with the webcam.txt.
My main problem: where can I find the webcam.txt? Under "Machine" are the whole cfg and conf, but nothing else

I did it 🤗

both the webcam.txt and the webcam2.txt had to be recreated.
In addition, the entry for a second camera had to be added to the crownest.cfg, then try a bit which camera index and it works.
Now just find a place in the printer for the second camera

In case anyone else has problems, here is what the files look like for me:

crownest.conf

#### crowsnest.conf
#### This is mainsail / MainsailOS default config.
#### See:
#### https://github.com/mainsail-crew/crowsnest/blob/master/README.md
#### for details to configure to your needs.

#####################################################################
####                                                            #####
####      Information about ports and according URL's           #####
####    Port 8080 equals /webcam/?action=[stream/snapshot]      #####
####    Port 8081 equals /webcam2/?action=[stream/snapshot]     #####
####    Port 8082 equals /webcam3/?action=[stream/snapshot]     #####
####    Port 8083 equals /webcam4/?action=[stream/snapshot]     #####

[crowsnest]
log_path: ~/klipper_logs/crowsnest.log  # Default logfile in ~/klipper_logs/crowsnest.log
log_level: verbose                      # Valid Options are quiet/verbose/debug
delete_log: false                       # Deletes log on every restart, if set to true

[cam 1]
mode: mjpg                              # mjpg/rtsp
port: 8080                              # Port
device: /dev/video0                     # See Log for available ...
resolution: 800x600                     # widthxheight format
max_fps: 15                             # If Hardware Supports this it will be forced, ohterwise ignored/coerced.
#custom_flags:                          # You can run the Stream Services with custom flags.
#v4l2ctl:                               # Add v4l2-ctl parameters to setup your camera, see Log what your cam is capable of.

[cam 2]
mode: mjpg                              # mjpg/rtsp
port: 8081                              # Port
device: /dev/video2                     # See Log for available ...
resolution: 800x600                     # widthxheight format
max_fps: 15                             # If Hardware Supports this it will be forced, ohterwise ignored/coerced.
#custom_flags:                          # You can run the Stream Services with custom flags.
#v4l2ctl:                               # Add v4l2-ctl parameters to setup your camera, see Log what your cam is capable of.

webcam.txt

### Logitech Cam

camera="usb"
camera_usb_options="-r 640x480 -f 10 -d /dev/v4l/by-id/usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920-video-index1
camera_http_options="-n -p 8080"

webcam2.txt

### H24 Cam

camera="usb"
camera_usb_options="-r 640x480 -f 10 -d /dev/v4l/by-id/usb-H264_USB_Camera_H264_USB_Camera_2020032801-video-index3
camera_http_options="-n -p 8081"

and this is how it looks in the mainsail, you can choose which cam should be displayed or both at the same time

1883918685_Unbenannt-2.thumb.jpg.4a6dc25a8fb6627b73c0876390a24d13.jpg

662555468_Unbenannt-1.thumb.jpg.97a5e049a04069f6bda164243130828c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/23/2022 at 11:50 PM, Stadi said:

After the BTT Smart Filament Sensor got on my nerves yesterday and kept triggering, I checked the wiring again today, but everything was fine. So I dismantled this immature part and used a very simple one that I had lying around from the Anycubic

So no more smart filament sensor? (I have seem to have the same issue with my printer, so thinking to do the same)

1 hour ago, Stadi said:

Finally found a place for the second camera to see what's happening at the nozzle, it's not that easy to find a collision-free spot.

I might "borrow", not to give it back, that idea. Like where you put it.

13 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

I might "borrow", not to give it back, that idea. Like where you put it.

Feel free to do it that way, I'm happy to send you the link to the cam and the data for the housing.
What bothers me a bit is that "No Signal" is repeatedly displayed for a short time during printing on both cameras. I think the RP is reaching its limits with the two live streams, I'll try a lower resolution.

1 minute ago, Stadi said:

I think the RP is reaching its limits with the two live streams,

Your'e on to it. Raspi 4 4GB should be able to cope, others - wouldn't know. Try running one stream at a time and see if it still throws the error

2 minutes ago, Stadi said:

I'm happy to send you the link to the cam and the data for the housing.

Appreciate that

11 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Your'e on to it. Raspi 4 4GB should be able to cope, others - wouldn't know. Try running one stream at a time and see if it still throws the error

Is an RP 4B but only with 2MB, was glad to get it at all for a relatively cheap price

13 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Appreciate that

I'll send it to you via PM, don't know if Amazon links are OK here

• Like 1

That location is about where I had in mind on my Trident--I'll just have to work around the vertical extrusion & rear lead screw. I'm not thrilled to hear about the 4B 2GB maxing out with two streams--that's what I have in the printer. Maybe dropping the resolution on them a step would help.

3 hours ago, claudermilk said:

That location is about where I had in mind on my Trident--I'll just have to work around the vertical extrusion & rear lead screw. I'm not thrilled to hear about the 4B 2GB maxing out with two streams--that's what I have in the printer. Maybe dropping the resolution on them a step would help.

I think I can reassure you, it doesn't seem to be the Pi. Today I plugged the Logitech into a USB 3.0 of the Pi and it runs smoothly. The Platinencam is still stuck. But since it mainly stutters when it prints and not when it is stationary, I suspect the cabling or the camera itself. The camera only came with a 1m cable and I used normal teflon cable to extend it through the cable chain. Either the signal from the camera is very weak or there is interference on the cable. I've now ordered a 2m USB cable with an open end, let's see if it helps.

Tried to set up Auto-Z today but it still resists 🙄

1 hour ago, Stadi said:

suspect the cabling or the camera itself.

From what you describe I'd suspect the cable and probaby interference (less likely it was partial break as that would probably only exhibit at a particular point when the chain flexes). You could test that theory by simply having the head move about but trying to minimise the "noise" by not having fans and heaters turned on...Although probably moot as you have  a 2M cable on order 🤔

29 minutes ago, smirk said:

From what you describe I'd suspect the cable and probaby interference (less likely it was partial break as that would probably only exhibit at a particular point when the chain flexes). You could test that theory by simply having the head move about but trying to minimise the "noise" by not having fans and heaters turned on...Although probably moot as you have  a 2M cable on order 🤔

I can rule out a cable break to 99.9% because the behavior also changes when the gantry is not moving. I can probably rule out all fans and heaters, I switched them on and it had no effect. It only starts when there is movement in the gantry and for a while after that, so I think that the cables of the steppers create an interference field as soon as they are energized. Next I'll change the cable and if that doesn't help I'll test a small active USB hub