Voron 2.4r2 350mm build - Formbot kit - and yes - MODS galore

mvdveer

6 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Did the "The Rush mini" also, but need to make it with 2 layers at least also, one layer isnt enough.

The pattern on top needs to be slightly smaller/slimmer also, I think...

Agree - it takes up all of the top rim

4 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Printed the black on white though some black ran into the white. Will have to figure out how to correct this. Plate was cleaned with alcohol as usual. Maybe time for some soap and hot water.

IMG_3870.thumb.jpeg.42a166ced9bbafb0c892b9c3c8f94f93.jpeg

Print HEX as normal, but print second print at 25% speed, very slow... when on third layer or 4th, go full speed again.

what I also did, is temporary up the Z hop to 0.8mm for the second print, so it wont run trough your first print.

Just now, atrushing said:

I will give it a try but the top rim is only 2.4mm wide so the pattern would end up a mere 1.6mm if I allowed the shroud to give it a border.

Yeah, I understand, and it will be risky, but a risk willing to take to get a good looking result 😉 

16 hours ago, mvdveer said:

That frightening as our little dog is a Jack Russel/Scottish terrier cross, throw in a couple of vorons  - Oh lordy lord

Awww. 🐶 We have dogsat a couple of Jack Russell Terrorists. Love those little guys, but they can be exhausting. My wife had a Scotty as a kid & we are looking at getting a couple in the future.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

Awww. 🐶 We have dogsat a couple of Jack Russell Terrorists. Love those little guys, but they can be exhausting. My wife had a Scotty as a kid & we are looking at getting a couple in the future.

I've had a couple West Highland Terriers in previous lives. Awesome dogs, incredible personality. Will get another one if I get another dog in the future.

7 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Printed the black on white though some black ran into the white. Will have to figure out how to correct this. Plate was cleaned with alcohol as usual. Maybe time for some soap and hot water.

Or have a longer purge between color swaps

IMG_3870.thumb.jpeg.42a166ced9bbafb0c892b9c3c8f94f93.jpeg

You've got a lot of squish on that 1st layer. I can see already that 1st layer quality is going to be the main driver of how this part turns out.

I modeled a small box that used dimensional values from the Fibonacci sequence and golden:ratio and created a Fibonacci spiral on the top. The box itself was easy enough to print but the real challenge turned out to be the 1st layer. Too much squish and it looked like sh!t, not enough and small features would come loose from the bed. But when you get it right... Wow!

1242112405_FibonacciBox-03.thumb.jpg.cee3f14ffa574a69092f94fa4eca7eb4.jpg 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Jack Russell Terrorists.

They are just great, loyal and loving, but boy when they act up, they act up  good. He is a replacement rescue pup we got at 2 years of age (Harry) after our Jack Russel of 15 years (Coco) died.

4 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

You've got a lot of squish on that 1st layer.

Will again have a look at it - printing on smoot PEI, not textured

4 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

modeled a small box that used dimensional values from the Fibonacci sequence and golden:ratio and created a Fibonacci spiral on the top.

Any change of getting the stl please. May help in getting this right

Here we go

Voron 2.4r2  Build Manual Pages 12 - 21

Frame:

The most important part of the build in my opinion. If the frame is square the printer is "square"

Take your time and get this right.  Cannot tell you how many times I loosened and tightened the frame to get it absolutely square. And it is build on a 6mm glass plate. Granite would be better, but wifey won't allow me near her marble bench-top.

IMG_3871.thumb.jpeg.05b35e8d167304f5ebf49ffe7af0606b.jpegIMG_3873.thumb.jpeg.294f6e5e922c41b1754e56eb55d78f82.jpeg

IMG_3876.thumb.jpeg.abfdb5fabc7978617f68aa6ca6daa7db.jpeg

And @smirk, that is a very nice glass of Highlands single malt if you were wondering.

Next Z-Drives

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atrushing said:

That looks Sweet! That thin border makes a big difference and the color scheme is killer. (not to mention the print quality!)

Agreed! Really nice looking part. I think this will be one of my next 3D printing challenges. I know of two printers I have that can benefit.

Hey @atrushing What's up with your V-Minion build? It's been pretty quiet on your build diary lately.

5 minutes ago, Penatr8tor said:

What's up with your V-Minion build? It's been pretty quiet on your build diary lately.

Doing fixes and improvements to my different Mini Stealth versions has taken all of my time lately. Also, my son was playing with a wooden sword a little too close to my Franken-Sidewinder and the toolhead didn't survive.. So I started trying to fix that but now I'm afraid that it will turn into a SwitchWinder conversion.

I am hoping to get back to enclosing the V-Minion soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, mvdveer said:

nice glass of Highlands single malt

Glad you added that, must be the way the camera captures colour I was wondering "did he get caught short? Too busy squaring that frame". I also agree, get the foundations right otherwise nothing else works.

2 hours ago, atrushing said:

toolhead didn't survive.

Did the child survive?

• Like 1