Voron TAP - New No probe mod from the Voron Design Team

mvdveer

9 hours ago, Buurman said:

Ok, build on support is impossible to take off with Carbon filament. probably need to try normal ASA.

I dont like added support, I rather use my own if needed to be honest.

if you tell me the secret how to get pa12-cf15 stick on bed I could send you the STL's without the supports, was easy to remove....

3 hours ago, Wick said:

if you tell me the secret how to get pa12-cf15 stick on bed I could send you the STL's without the supports, was easy to remove....

I got no secrets, never have an issue with PEI, just wash it well with soap, then clean it every time with isopropanol. 

Never needed to use a stick, spray, tape or anything.

• Like 1

the 220 Ohm are not for stability, but for not killing the Led because of too high voltage.

from the Datasheet you can see that VF of the LED is 1,7V (20mA), with a supply Voltage of 5V you need a resistor of about 220 Ohm for not killing the LED

calculator here:  https://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/sites/bau/1109111.htm

Edit: btw you should not use 24V here as the phototransistor works from 4,5 to 16V.

Optek-OPB990P51Z-datasheet.pdf

Edited by Wick
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wick said:

Unklicky for TAP instead of the optical sensor

Thanks for the link - Keep the mods coming I say.

Haven't even started the conversion to TAP yet and the mods are already out. Have not used unklicky before and fortunately my optical sensors I ordered when TAP was announced has arrived early. 

For now - will assemble the TAP as released.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the OPB990P51Z sensor as in the first BOM. Now I see it is not recommended as it has issues with some boards.  I think due to having an amplifier on the output. I want to use it with a BTT Manta. Is there anything I should know about using OPB990P51Z other than the resistor on the LED side.

• 2 months later...

Well, I been running Klicky again for a while and its been good, finally I could walk away while starting a print with confidence, but after replacing the Revo with another Revo.. and checked offset.. 

All good.. next print, put in my new PEI plate.. and you guess it right...

Huge scratching... f*ck.. no idea what happend... second time... same shit..

Really.. think Im going to try TAP again to avoid shit like this..

On 2/23/2023 at 3:53 PM, Buurman said:

Since I want to try out some lighter design... instead of heavy as f*ck 😛 

thats my thought too.... so I'm going for:

Mantis XOL2 + Beacon + Sherpa Mini, so no heavy Parts and no more TAP, as from my pont of view it's not ready yet according to its Problems (lots of updates in printable parts, worse graphs from input shaper, problems with optotap sensors, heavy)

Edited by Wick
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Wick said:

@Buurman, with the sherpa mini installed? sherpa alone shows 124g here

Yes. But sherpa alone is 114 here. using aluminium bolts, mostly.

Now I have cut the wires from the motor, its 210 grams, still need some bolts and the mount to the cable duct on there...

photo is without the cable cover, that adds 7 grams.

20230301_082147962_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smirk said:

That looks really good, probably just as well they're out of stock as it's the wrong side of pay day...

Meh, 50 bucks... No big deal. I easily spend that on sushi for dinner. 😄

It looks pretty solid tho and I like the low profile Hiwin slide. I don't know about the optical switch. Eventually... people will get them and try them and we will see how they do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1