Voron TAP - New No probe mod from the Voron Design Team

mvdveer

5 hours ago, Buurman said:

NOT my BUBBLE!!! ๐Ÿ˜œย well see where we end up, its good they are still thinking about it, but ... now.. get me the STL's ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

Soon(tm). Really, it's supposed to be this week, so any time now.

ย 

4 hours ago, RopusLongus said:

Ahhhrg after all that reading no chance for a Switchwire *sniff*

Anyone knows a 2 rail build ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚For y.

They are saying the 600g force causes too much flex. But I'm pretty sure I recall mention of something being worked on.

34 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

Huh, I've never heard of these before. Looks like another mod possibility. Wonder what these weigh in comparison to the 50mm MGN9H

For Clarity I am exposed to all these types of engineering components because I encounter them in my daily work life, as a mechanical engineer I teach junior engineers how to be engineers for an international Oil & Gas Producer, I specialize in the subjects of material science and manufacturing processes

6 hours ago, HACKandThRash said:

Where is it was this announcement a cruel joke or what American thanksgiving was last weekย 

How dare you ask such a question, and dont ever ask that question on the voron discord, the fan bois willย  be tripping over each other in eager anticipation of pull starting their keyboards and polishing their pitch forks ready to insult you and your mother....ย 

Edited by Calvinx
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Cool! I'll need to carefully read to see which PCB I need (5V or 24V). Then I can order that and the hardware kit from KB-3D. Amusingly I really only need the M3 steel flathead and M3x6 button heads, but the kit is cheaper than packs of those individually.

Get the 24V, that works with all voltages below incl. 5V, so no disadvantage other than availability...

On 11/28/2022 at 12:08 AM, smirk said:

Hmmmmm....there's a theme here. Can't quite put my finger onย  what it is though.....

I think its where beer comes from...... ๐Ÿ˜›ย  (only a Dutch speaking person would get this I think)

But still... thats the best tap there is...the rest doesnt come close!

20 hours ago, LukasM said:

Get the 24V, that works with all voltages below incl. 5V, so no disadvantage other than availability...

Yep. I thoroughly read the manual and caught a couple of posts on the new Voron forum. I have the V2 24V PCB and the hardware kit on order from KB-3D. HoneyBadger 50mm MGN9H rail & carriage are already sitting here.

The manual is worth the read. Someone was getting a bit rummy writing it and it's entertaining. I especially LOLed at the "front fell off" comment.