Voron Replicator 2!

Ducky4546

More tuning progress today! Following the Andrew Ellis guide

First layer squish, bed level, pressure advance, extruder 100mm calibration.

Still needs input shaper (will be swapping to beacon rev H), extrusion multiplier and filament that has been dried property and recently. 

I'm blown away how good this is already printing and the holes have way less sag than in my other printers.

Dimensions are bang on too!

PXL_20240306_232028172.thumb.jpg.17c03b3b5372036b3d6ce4c71533df90.jpg

PXL_20240306_231945963.thumb.jpg.326d3126df772924dd3a8ff3bdf1a5a4.jpg

Video link below:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4MO6XdutBm/?igsh=ZnY5NGhrbmF5d3U3

• Like 2

10 hours ago, claudermilk said:

It's amazing how having the right/nice tools changes things, isn't it? After I got myself set up with the TS-101 and Omnifixo soldering tasks became not only doable, but--shockingly--mostly enjoyable.

That TS-101 is a really nice soldering pencil. I've had one of the tried-and-true Weller soldering stations for a good 10 years now. It's an old WESD51. Great unit though. What I like best is the recovery time. You put the tip on the wire is it's hot almost instantly. Sadly, I already bought a cheapo cordless that's not as slim as the TS-101. Coulda, shoulda, woulda

• Like 1

21 hours ago, atrushing said:

I would really like to get the Omnifixo but the price is a little steep and I don't know if I can convince the wife to get it for me as a present..

Continuing the tangent a bit. I also thought the price was a bit steep, but it came highly recommended by Nero, so I took a flyer on it and bought one. I do not regret it a bit--worth every penny IMHO. It's by far the best third hand device I've ever used.

I'll second the tip suggestions from @Ducky4546's friend. I have a version of both of those and they work really well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, claudermilk said:

I do not regret it a bit--worth every penny

I can only strongly agree. And I have tried many "soldering helping hands". Even printed a few. Worth the investment. My mum (Bless her soul) told me early in life - Cheap buy=Expensive buy. Quality lasts. 

Ooo I'm going to have to get one of those helping hands fixtures. I have the loc line style with flat clips right now and it's ok. But that looks slick and will result in far less swearing while soldering something finicky.

I will add an organizer like this to my list of things to draw up for the new printer after some more tuning . This guy on Etsy did a great job.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1568326206/omnifixo-pinecil-soldering-iron-case-and

Screenshot_20240307-173705.png.c48179eae5b0d8f1146b7411e2cc145f.png

2 hours ago, Ducky4546 said:

This guy on Etsy did a great job.

He did, but just had a Quick Look on printables - there are about 30 alternatives available for omnifixo storage - about 5 of those include a pinecil component.

There is also a printable "omnifixo" version, replicating an omnifixo functionality - interesting concept. Although I don't know how well the friction mount will work.

PS - sorry - didn't want to hijack your thread

• Like 2

Ok so not a tuning post but a win for 3d printing today! 

So here's the story. I bought a new gravel bike today.

FB_IMG_1709952881352.jpg.c6790cc477f7262bf2840343666b3439.jpg

I wanted to see if I could modify the left hand shifter to work with a dropper seat post....so I was pulling the internal covers off and needed to pull the lever all the way to the bar. I pulled the pads out and the lever went all the way.

Now these are Shimano hydraulic brakes and I'm used to working on SRAM. I didn't realize the pistons pop out really easy!!!! Sram's you need and air compressor to remove them.

Im planning on a big ride tomorrow and I pull out my bleed kit and what do you know I needed a thread adapter for the new brakes. My friend came over with his kit but he didn't have the right adapter either. 

PXL_20240309_003022171.thumb.jpg.f2268a386e03e33580e1725527476568.jpg

3d printing to the rescue. A quick Google search and someone had already modeled the M7x0.5 adapter. I printed it out at 0.1 layer height and the sucker threaded in beautifully! I can't say my other printers would have done that good of a job and setting up the lathe to single point that thread would have taken way more than 10 minutes.

PXL_20240309_002828428.thumb.jpg.fec13904f6b4a45a5464fdb884ba2085.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a slow few weeks in the shop. I had updated the beacon sensors to Rev H with the Accelerometer. Which required reworking the tool head mount.image.thumb.png.a1802f3091e05a9db7bbb27d41657277.png

I was messing around with fusion the other day and got a very clean solid model conversion of mini stealth burner. I wanted to play with some bolt on fan ducts. We will see if I take it any further. But I did learn some good tricks for converting Mesh files to a workable model. I will have to make a video some time to down load all that from my head. 

image.thumb.png.5e11845d915d8a6fb3f3fc3270b17586.png

I also added a Bambu Auxiliary Fan housing with a GDs Time 2 wire fan.

Once it got the Fan configs figured out (after I clogged my Rapido badly, more on the cleaning tools I made in another post) 

It has been running well. I have had to make a few changes to the config but nothing crazy. The Drag Chain is working very good. The rear PTFE mount needs so changes. 

Running parts through it is the best way to figure out what needs work. It is currently cranking through a Mr. Welder Kit / Winder kit. I started a new build diary for that see link below.

• Like 3