3rd Voron - a Switchwire this time

mvdveer

10 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Or should I just use an Octopus board

Surely you'll have to use the Octopus, as the E3 has one less driver than the 1.4? Or are the Z-motors chained? Or were you going to use multiple E3's cause Klipper can 😅

7 hours ago, smirk said:

Surely you'll have to use the Octopus, as the E3 has one less driver than the 1.4?

Only need 4 drivers. The Switchwire is a CoreXZ machine. X,Y,Z and Extruder motors. Thus only need 4 drivers. May still use the Octopus as there are reports of the integrated drivers on the BTT SKR e3 mini v3 failing after some time. Also got my hands on a SKR 3 EZ board which I might try. Have the 5160 pro v1.3 super silent drivers(Whatever that means in real life). 

Will have to wait as work is currently quite busy. 

6 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Multiple different probes showing the same problem makes me think it's not the probe but wiring or the board.

That is the conclusion I came too. Or something in the printer.cfg that I am missing. Been through it more times than I care to remember and can't find anything out of the ordinary. But then the brain can play tricks on you and I might miss the obvious. Will be switching out the boards and then forced to reconfigure the .cfg file

Well it was the board after all. Swapped the SKR1.4 out for the NEW SKR 3 EZ with 5160 pro EZ drivers running in SPI mode - beautifully SILENT! Left the inductive probe in for the interim but will swap it out for a clicky when I have the patience to do it.

Started enclosing the printer - worst design for an enclusure I have come across so far. But then, The Voron design Team never meant for the switchwire to be enclosed.  

image.thumb.jpeg.e9730250869559c37e6944da75af6c12.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.29f11599daf5d95525a001c4eb634b5e.jpeg

Tuned the belts with the excellent tool @Buurman alerted me to. Works very well. PID tuning and pressure advance done, Extrusion multiplier done.
Have made the cable nero3dp demonstrated for input shaping and will soon put that to use.

image.thumb.jpeg.ffd5c0301ea6c4673fef5610ecaca101.jpeg

Electronics panel enclosed after tiding up wires.

image.thumb.jpeg.26124bdc4f8ba6f48dd3eaab45c1fb1a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3ca8375a4be48518e7c988f788e787cc.jpeg

Printing a bench now before input shaping to see the difference before and after input shaping. 

Then serial application video. 

Till the next build - has been fun. Thanks for all your input, help and advice

ps: 

Thing for the future on this build:

1. Silence the power supply fan - hell it is noisy

2. Change probe to clicky

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, smirk said:

Congratulations on your new baby!

Thanks, but not my favourite. Love the V0.1 more than this one. And the 2.4 is in a league of its own.