3rd Voron - a Switchwire this time

mvdveer

22 hours ago, RopusLongus said:

Do I want to know what did happen?  I want to use a Mosquito 😱😱😱

Well, to be fair he was printing Ultem (yes, really). It was actually pretty amusing, especially his reaction. To jump straight to the failure, it's about 1:09 in.

16 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Think this is the way I will go. All other builds running Revo's without a hitch and the support from e3d is phenomenal. Had a heater cartridge fail on a Revo-voron. Contacted E3d UK, got an email response to troubleshoot (Lots of steps) which I did and returned the email. Had a replacement heater cartridge delivered in Australia 4 days later. 

My Trident is now about 575 hours of printing on its Revo (350-ish on the Micro, the rest on the Voron). The Voron Edition heater failed after about 20 hours; E3D got me a replacement from the UK to west coast USA in two days once they were happy it was a warranty replacement. Since then both have been running without a hitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

Well, to be fair he was printing Ultem (yes, really). It was actually pretty amusing, especially his reaction. To jump straight to the failure, it's about 1:09 in.

My Trident is now about 575 hours of printing on its Revo (350-ish on the Micro, the rest on the Voron). The Voron Edition heater failed after about 20 hours; E3D got me a replacement from the UK to west coast USA in two days once they were happy it was a warranty replacement. Since then both have been running without a hitch.

😱😂😱😂😱😂🙈🙈🙈🙈

On 8/28/2022 at 2:37 AM, Penatr8tor said:

You're welcome! Let me know how well it fits and how easily it rolls. I might need to make an adjustment. If I do it'll be the pegs so you don't have to reprint large parts.

@Penatr8tor Printed and assembled. Quite a tight fit of the pegs into the roller and the bearings. Works very well, rolling freely, thank you.image.thumb.jpeg.e465bd75bbcc2cbab4561546eeeff62c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2022 at 9:45 PM, RopusLongus said:

Another thing coming up for me : when you finally set in the hotbed could You be so kind and measure how much space is between the end of the heatbed and the grill of the voron. I need that to decide where to place my X/Z frame.  Currently I think 50mm more forward will do it but looking at your picture I start thinking I could be wrong.

Thank you.

@RopusLongus Here are the measurements of the assembled hotbed to the front of the grill. Hope it helps,

image.thumb.jpeg.a17830796fe5fba9249a9a04a90c07a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.db2c30c4c2293f5bafcfb0494958835a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e3d360d9ad08f2c8c454a527a4b2aebc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.75fa2270a6e21633cf616f29d75b8a2a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Should not roll too freely 😉 ... I have seen full spindles unroll ... wildly...

Let's rephrase - spool of filament rolls freely, no catches, no unwinding. Must go and relearn my English 🤣

• Haha 1

Oooooh, a Stealthburner with a LGX lite in it... sexy! I start to enjoy it more now I know the sound is not coming from the extruder....
Yet I dont see big advantages over the CW2 config, if not printing flex types of filament.. 
It does "feel" like the bigger wheels make it easier on the motor, but maybe thats just me...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Yet I dont see big advantages over the CW2 config, if not printing flex types of filament..

True, but it also compensates for minor flaws in the filament. Cannot compare as I have not used a CW2 although I build one for the 2.4, just not used it.

1 hour ago, mvdveer said:

@RopusLongus Here are the measurements of the assembled hotbed to the front of the grill. Hope it helps,

image.thumb.jpeg.a17830796fe5fba9249a9a04a90c07a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.db2c30c4c2293f5bafcfb0494958835a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e3d360d9ad08f2c8c454a527a4b2aebc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.75fa2270a6e21633cf616f29d75b8a2a.jpeg

Ahhh dammit me and my English an the skill to ask for something....

OK back again trying to explain. 

I need the mm from back end to the heatbed, it's to see if I have to move the frame. For X/Z forward to the front side.

Either I need to move it 50mm or 100mm.

If I am correct the heatbed is 25something to 23something.mine is 310x310 so I assure atm that I need to go 50 or 60mm forward with the frame on top. I hope I did explain it a bit. More understandable.

7 minutes ago, RopusLongus said:

I need the mm from back end to the heatbed, it's to see if I have to move the frame. For X/Z forward to the front side.

Is this what you need?

image.thumb.jpeg.5f9d66b7f2e17597bea143c80d6e952f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.99355f87fcde413ffc5f5e31e4faf587.jpeg

3 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Quite a tight fit of the pegs into the roller and the bearings.

I just uploaded Rev-02 of the bearing pegs. They provide a bit more clearance for the bearing to slide into the holder and the roller rolls more freely. At least it helped with mine. All you need to do is print the new pegs and install them. No change to the roller or holder.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mvdveer said:

True, but it also compensates for minor flaws in the filament. Cannot compare as I have not used a CW2 although I build one for the 2.4, just not used it.

There is also more space left for wires in the CW2 config. the LGX lite does take more space up where you need to "lose" your wires.

And retraction is shorter, with the LGX I need to go above 1mm, maybe even 1.6 where with the CW2 I am ok with 0.8.
And that may result in better quality on small/fine parts.

Still testing.... but.. I feel LGX is not worth it now.. after some time testing, CW is working fine (if not using flex).

• Like 2