3rd Voron - a Switchwire this time

mvdveer

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

And retraction is shorter, with the LGX I need to go above 1mm, maybe even 1.6 where with the CW2 I am ok with 0.8.

Might have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Now that was a lot of crimping - next time I'm ordering a wiring harness.

image.thumb.jpeg.3cb661e5d6c2f28e516e95a056af6b11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2a4c58d2d7f0e8a6daa8daef1a9c467f.jpeg

Ad yes, I still have to tidy up, I know. No smoke, that's always a good start. On to configuring Klipper for the machine and then the testing will start

• Voron FTW! 2

8 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Blinkenlights!

That wiring should pass for a serial, but it is nice to get it cleaned up as much as possible.

Printing the cableducts and some extrusion covers. Just not much space in that bay. 

7 hours ago, RopusLongus said:

Uhm I need a clean good wiring for a serial 🙈🤣😱😱😱

It certainly helps. On my Voron 0, my first build I got a 97% upvote and took a month to get the serial. On the 2,4, a 100% upvote and the serial in a week. Coincidence ? Only difference in the videos, was the wiring in the electronics bay. But I really don't know how the decision is made, other than the criteria listed for applying for a serial.

Nothing as satisfying as looking at a clean, tidy install.

19 hours ago, mvdveer said:

It certainly helps. On my Voron 0, my first build I got a 97% upvote and took a month to get the serial. On the 2,4, a 100% upvote and the serial in a week. Coincidence ? Only difference in the videos, was the wiring in the electronics bay. But I really don't know how the decision is made, other than the criteria listed for applying for a serial.

Nothing as satisfying as looking at a clean, tidy install.

Could be the timing. There was one person forever and it got really backed up. Now there's several and response is supposed to be really quick.

• Like 1

Ran into a hitch. Me and my mods!  Tried the QuickDraw probe but got some strange behaviours. Doing a query_probe would correctly shows triggered without probe attached, open when attaching probe and triggered when micro switch depressed. Docking probe (manually) then changes the behaviour and probe shows open no matter whether probe attached or not. Only thing I can think of is poor connections at the magnets. 

So there goes that one. Tried it, dumped it. (Only reason I choose this probe was because of the dock for the switch wire). 

Will go in search for a dock mount for either the clicky or the Euclid probe. Only mounts I could find was for the Ender 3, but those are 2020 extrusions where the switch wire has 3030 extrusions. 

Will keep you all up to date once I get this sorted………

9 hours ago, RopusLongus said:

Maybe you try the clickey probe with the servo arm then?

That is the next option. Have ordered the servos. Hope to take delivery soon. Will start printing the parts this week. The servo arm was what discouraged me to try this initially.

8 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Thanks - had a look at it originally but as said the servo arm was the deciding factor between this and the quickdraw. This is the next step. thanks for re-enforcing the choice 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, claudermilk said:

I will admit the servo arm looks cool, if for nothing else than the Rube Goldberg machine aspect

May look cool but a pain in the butt. Decided I do not have the patience for this. Went back to the Omron probe for now.