Let the journey begin

mvdveer

Voron Cube printed without a hitch. Considering the printer is not tuned, quite a good outcome.

IMG_2564.thumb.jpeg.dab5643367540c6c5b04342a9242e8f2.jpegIMG_2563.thumb.jpeg.41390b1e4570aee0f020887ac694ab73.jpegIMG_2562.thumb.jpeg.5dc86f4885ef1a794f65ac3fe2f92224.jpegIMG_2561.thumb.jpeg.3fd365ad1fda500e6d5cdcf322196614.jpegIMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.79120bf129a21675f2099244d5b2c6b3.jpeg

Alright lets finally finish this build - Enclosure then done!

• Voron FTW! 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Not bad. The belts probably could use some tightening.

Now for dialing in, tuning, setting up your macros. Then mods! 😁

Thanks for that. The fun part is over, that is the build, now the work begins. Hate doing macros, don't know why. 

Will tighten belts to 110Hz as per Voron documentation. 

6 hours ago, smirk said:

@claudermilk could we be accused of feeding his addiction....?

Come on - not addiction! (you sound like she who must be obeyed @smirk) - it is a journey to perfection, a stimulation of the mind, honing of fine motor skills, standing up to the challenge, the road to perfection, etc.....

Realisation: Who am I kidding? Addiction it is - but a good one!😌

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 6:31 PM, Buurman said:

PS. You should change the title of this thread to.... "Please let this Journey come to a end"  hahahaha!

@Buurman Your wish has been fulfilled. The Journey has ended. And what a great journey it has been mainly because of the interaction with this forum. Thank you @Buurman, @smirk and @claudermilk for all your help and input. I certainly enjoyed all the banter, fun, laughs and camaraderie, I experienced through this build.

Fine tuning now, serial request and use it to print the parts for the next build.

I have acquired a frame kit, bed and linear rails for a Switchwire build at the same time as I sourced the parts for the Voron 2.4. (Saved on postage - at least that was my excuse to "she who must be obeyed:)

However, now I am thinking of a Trident. Watch the build diary space to see which is next.

And of course - time to mod the completed Voron 2.4r2. Pin mods coming up for sure.

Here she is saying thank you and this journey has ended.

image.thumb.jpeg.5ee57da365de61538d4e421b338a35e3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.793aadf30d61553f13271051df2e07de.jpeg

• Voron FTW! 1

Looks like a proper red/yellow beast!!! I like it!!!

I would pull the nevermore filter forward, almost to your window. The air it blows out now, cant really go anywhere, if you pull it forward, you will notice a better chamber temperature, building up faster.
It doesnt blow very hard I must say, but that may depend on the coal/pellets I use...

Yes, this means.... taking of the bed again 😛 

Front idler are already pinned versions, lucky you 😉 

I have no experience with the PCB boards, but main reason of these is needing less wires right, but I still see same amount of wires as with my build without PCB's.

Edited by Buurman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buurman said:

Yes, this means.... taking of the bed again 😛 

You just don't want this journey to end, do you. Thanks for the heads up - will do

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Buurman said:

I have no experience with the PCB boards, but main reason of these is needing less wires right, but I still see same amount of wires as with my build without PCB's.

I always thought the purpose of PCBs was ease of disconnection/removal - you can remove the head withoiut having to gut the entire beast. Makes especial sense when you think the voron's cables are so carefully routed through all those cable chains. If you want less cables then you want CANBUS (4 wires basically)

43 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

You just don't want this journey to end, do you.

This is like watching the season finale of your fav netflix series. It's all so emotional, however, at least you've teased us with your trailer for the new season.....will it be "Attack of the Switchwire" or "The Trident Strikes"??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smirk said:

I always thought the purpose of PCBs was ease of disconnection/removal - you can remove the head withoiut having to gut the entire beast. Makes especial sense when you think the voron's cables are so carefully routed through all those cable chains. If you want less cables then you want CANBUS (4 wires basically)

Makes sense, but my Stealthburner has a connector on every wire/item hidden under the hood, disassembly is just as easy I think, maybe even easier? 

I took it fully apart 2 days ago, to reassemble the belts, took me 5 minutes fully off, 5 minutes fully on.

But thanks, I confused it with CANBUS, so THAT I can understand... like, just having a flatcable instead of all wires AND cable chain... 

21 hours ago, smirk said:

@claudermilk could we be accused of feeding his addiction....?

Yeah, we are enablers. 😄

I personally found learning Jinja and getting the macros all set up to be as  enjoyable (if at times infuriating) as the physical build. But then I'm in IT, so it's kind of my thing.

For the tool head PCBs my understanding is it reduces the connection to a single plug (I think 14 pin?). That would be convenient, but I've gotten used to the pack of plugs and cramming them under the cover. CANBUS looks interesting, but I haven't gotten a good enough understanding to feel comfortable messing with it. As for FFC, bleh. I hate ribbon cables.

I'm currently neck deep into my SB build for my Switchwire. I bought a hartk 2pc PCB kit from etsy. Printing up the PCB mount and cover as I write this. I agree with you guys on going canbus to reduce the amount of wires and while the PCB does reduce the wire count by eliminating redundant ground and power wires... it's just not by a whole lot. 

In the end, I'm going to install the PCB's and I think it will result in a cleaner install at the very least. I'll post my progress on my Switchwire build diary.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smirk said:

I will look forward to that. I can live vicariously through other people's (more efficient) builds🤣

The overall appearance of efficiency is my true goal on this build. The reality of that efficiency is highly overrated. 😁

• Haha 3

I personally found learning Jinja and getting the macros all set up to be as  enjoyable (if at times infuriating) as the physical build. But then I'm in IT, so it's kind of my thing.

Might take up the challenge

• Voron FTW! 1

CANBUS looks interesting, but I haven't gotten a good enough understanding to feel comfortable messing with it.

AS per the latest post from Kevin (Patreon stream) there is now more robust code in Klipper to support canbus natively. Was going to go with canbus on this build but then as you did not fully understand it and went PCB instead.

According to the announcement: 

The rp2040 CANbus code mentioned previously is now fully merged into Klipper!  This includes rp2040 support for both toolhead boards and for "USB to CAN bridges".  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Might take up the challenge

I think we should change the title of your diary to the "Never ending Story"  (Sadly we couldn't spring for Limahl so you'll have to make do with me on the Kazoo......once I get it printed)

• Haha 1

Great minds think alike:

v0-kaziooo.thumb.jpeg.9160a10277f3bc3752f5b6099c050f66.jpeg

Still working on Limahl (taking the tack it's a charity gig in support of addicts).

Just realised should've recorded that printing could've used it in my serial number request....

• Like 1