Let the journey begin

mvdveer

Guess we can call you Rapunzel, spinning that electrical straw to wiring loom gold!

Perhaps there's something perverse in me but I think there's something satisfying about creating a neat and orderly cabling installation.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

Where did you find the squash ball feet mod? TBH I haven't really looked. Just saw it on a post somewhere and thought it would be a decent upgrade for my 2.4 300^3.

Hi @Penatr8tor. They are on GitHub under User mods:

https://github.com/VoronDesign/VoronUsers/tree/master/printer_mods/Slidr/PanzerBalls2.4

My printers with "squash ball fee" are much quieter than those without. (less vibrational noise from the motors) Thought I'd give them a go and see if it makes a difference on the Voron build.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 8:33 PM, smirk said:

Perhaps there's something perverse in me but I think there's something satisfying about creating a neat and orderly cabling installation.

17 minutes ago, smirk said:

Now, that is a thing of beauty.

@smirk Thank you, as you said - very satisfying about creating neat and orderly cable installation. Rapunzel no more 🙂

Screen and electronics bay fans fitted (went with 6025 Noctua fans)

IMG_2484.jpg.984e7cff35cc755cfb1342ba5a852b1b.jpg

Working on raspi pi cameral mount and filament runout sensor. Still need to design a cover for the PCB. That stealth burner look lopsided!

IMG_2485b.png.81054efb87a56d1fb1a582aca2fe8adf.png

Slow but steady. More importantly - enjoying this build

• Like 2

Well, the saga continues......

Loaded Klipper, mainsail and Klipper screen. Flashed the BTT octopus, created a printer.cfg file with BTT octopus pin mappings, changed the MCU serial. Restarted and it connected well. Started the process of remapping pins to my setup and after 4-5 reboots. - all of a sudden - no communication with the MCU. After struggling for an hour, trying all sorts of solutions (changing cables, ports, refreshing, reinstalling, new printer.cfg) I finally gave up. I suspect it is a faulty Raspi pi, as my BTT PiTFT50 screen developed horizontal lines on the display as well. The Raspi I used was one from an old printer (4b 1 GB)

Using USB connection, not UART. 

Will swap that out tonight for a brand new Raspi 4B 4gb - a bit of an overkill but lets see what happens..

Ah the joys!

Well.... Raspi replaced, screen replaced (had a faulty screen in the end). Reinstalled Klipper. Allup and running. Now for the pin configurations, then testing before enclosing the printer

IMG_2487.thumb.jpeg.711f21bd292d94365e44af8a828eb7e6.jpeg

Oh yes - still have to design the part for the lopsided stealthburner

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, smirk said:

New? You win the lottery, or have a DeLorean and sneaking back to before the chip shortage?

Grumpy old men like me @smirk plan ahead. I am a bit obsessive compulsive and tend to double up on some things. Also I have a great contact with my local electronic store Jaycar here in Ringwood, Melbourne, Australia. Have 3 Raspi Pi 0's that I got "just in case" (well got my brother in the UK to source them for me), as well as another two Raspi 4's (1GB and 2 GB). One is earmarked for the upcoming Switchwire build. The other - guess it is a spare..... Hahahaha

If only I had a DeLorean

• Haha 1

I'm showing your reply to the family - I'm not the only hoarder with a dose of "just in case".

There again, once the cost of PI's exceed the airfare to 'Straya you could be in for unwanted visitors .....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smirk said:

I'm showing your reply to the family - I'm not the only hoarder with a dose of "just in case".

Let's not talk about hoarding, rather sell it as  future planning, contingency, backup.... anything but hoarding...

IMG_2489.thumb.jpeg.ff024ebcb8ce1bd0a84016fb7ee180ea.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Let's not talk about hoarding, rather sell it as  future planning, contingency, backup.... anything but hoarding...

IMG_2489.thumb.jpeg.ff024ebcb8ce1bd0a84016fb7ee180ea.jpeg

Looks like my average drawer.... one with fans one with motors, one with wires... hahahaha!

Also have 4 Pi's 8Gb in stock, yeah, found some for the price as before the shortage... sometimes they pop up now somewhere...

And just to prove it ... photo..

20220714_122310630_iOS.jpg

Edited by Buurman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Well.... Raspi replaced, screen replaced (had a faulty screen in the end). Reinstalled Klipper. Allup and running. Now for the pin configurations, then testing before enclosing the printer

IMG_2487.thumb.jpeg.711f21bd292d94365e44af8a828eb7e6.jpeg

Oh yes - still have to design the part for the lopsided stealthburner

How is your view from the webcam? I mounted my on top, like it ok, but its not perfect...

10 hours ago, Buurman said:

Sorry to post in your Journey 😉 but I had to tell you and thank you again.. love this Squash ball idea!

No need to be sorry. Let me know what your experience is with them. I have been using them on all my printers and found the noise reduction significant. Happy for you to post, always a pleasure talking to you. Printer looks great BTW.

Edited by mvdveer

17 hours ago, Buurman said:

How is your view from the webcam? I mounted my on top, like it ok, but its not perfect...

@Buurman Have not done a print as yet to see camera effect. But this is what the cameral looks at (Mounted low right front extrusion:

IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.8f3a96692d104585b194b6b3167d0dca.jpeg

BTT ducks on back corners, red alignment tool is middle of bed and green alignment tools are front of bed. Thus missing the frontlet corner of the bed.

57 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

@Buurman Have not done a print as yet to see camera effect. But this is what the cameral looks at (Mounted low right front extrusion:

IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.8f3a96692d104585b194b6b3167d0dca.jpeg

BTT ducks on back corners, red alignment tool is middle of bed and green alignment tools are front of bed. Thus missing the frontlet corner of the bed.

And it’s pink, my pi cam had the same effect, switched to a Logitech for that reason and quality on focus is … well bad I think. 

view from the top ain’t perfect too, don’t get me wrong…

29B835D0-2589-4252-8F4C-30E05533B040.jpeg

Edited by Buurman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Buurman said:

And it’s pink, my pi cam had the same effect, switched to a Logitech for that reason and quality on focus is … well bad I think. 

I think the pink is just the background lighting. Here is a screen shot from mainsail:

1083210755_Image15-7-2022at5_49pm.thumb.jpeg.2f1472b5af39351769fc23305b1216a3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

pink is just the background lighting

My daughter loves those infernal Alexa-connected-colour-changing LED bulbs. The number of times I've just about tripped over something cause I can't see it in the lurid purplely/pinky/orangey bloody mood lighting she's picked. Never had the heart to grump that she's making the place look like a 🤬's boudoir (but I think it grumpily).

• Haha 2