Let the journey begin

mvdveer

7 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Be sure to check out the Steve Builds stream where he installed one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpS2G_02OlQ It worked out in the end, but the macros were difficult.

@Buurman that's a Revo. I will guess a Micro based on the tiny bit of heat sink I can see there.

@claudermilk - A e3d Revo Voron, not micro. Don't have a Micro to compare to only a a e3d Revo 6 and it is much smaller.  

(Uploaded pics to previous post from Buurman.

Have seen the clip you referenced but macros seemed to be sorted now.

There is a good GitHub page

https://github.com/nionio6915/Euclid_Probe

with a configuration updated last week:

https://github.com/nionio6915/Euclid_Probe/blob/main/Firmware_Examples/Klipper/00-euclid_exampleV3.cfg

in addition to the Euclid page.

https://www.euclidprobe.com/

Guess only time will tell.

Edited by mvdveer

6 hours ago, Buurman said:

Its... soooo tiny!!!! 🤩

Beware of the dock side!! Looks overly complicated compared to Klicky stuff...

From what I got gather, not to dissimilar to the clicky, Which I have on the Voron 0. Have printed the parts and test fitted. So far so good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mvdveer said:

From what I got gather, not to dissimilar to the clicky, Which I have on the Voron 0. Have printed the parts and test fitted. So far so good.

Curious! like you said, the physical part looks more solid, although I have no issues with Klicky at the moment.

• Like 1

Maybe I am a sucker for punishment. Like to try new things - maybe it is the challenge or maybe just a stubborn "Frieslander" in OZ. Currently trying to design a PCB holder to fit the Stealthburner with LGX mod that would hide the cables.

• Voron FTW! 1

Finally found a good solution to mounting the CanBus to the Stealthburner with LGX. Mounts at the back of the motor - integrated chain mount and pretty neat overall.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5414483

IMG_2405.thumb.jpeg.d49335801ddde21cc91ac501823ceb8c.jpegIMG_2406.thumb.jpeg.f6a995ee843424e494f7eaee5f856ef7.jpegIMG_2407.thumb.jpeg.a4f3be8130b96971bf489d5c9c6491d9.jpeg

Also found an adapter for mounting a PCB.

ToolheadPCBtoCANAdapter.stl

• Like 2
  • Voron FTW! 1

Electronics bay fitted out . Raspi Pi 4B+ with Waveshare Canbus and a Klipper expansion board are the only extras to the standard Voron configuration.  Next wiring....

Going to wire the board directly from the PSU. 

IMG_2409.thumb.jpeg.e948b6672430966640b1af052fc2a900.jpeg

• Like 2

WEll, seems I have mirror vision as I mounted all the hardware as a mirror image to the manual. Has since rectified this. Ah the joys of building a printer....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have a thermistor in the electronics bay and a chamber thermistor that connect to it. On the other machines I have neopixels attached to the board, as well as the exhaust and chamber fans. Guess the Octopus will manage all that easily. Installed purely as a precaution for If I need the extra ports

• Like 1

True, but the octopus has a huge amount of fan options but sure, limited on led output. 
always good to have more, but the more electronics you add, the higher the chance of defects 😜

• Haha 2

First time using the octopus board - did not know the capabilities until now. I have the Klipper expansion board configuration worked out in my head. Stick with what you know I say

10 hours ago, smirk said:

Future-proofing is always good, better to have it and [sometimes] not use it,than to find you do need it later and it's not there.

So true

9 hours ago, Buurman said:

True, but the octopus has a huge amount of fan options but sure, limited on led output. 
always good to have more, but the more electronics you add, the higher the chance of defects 😜

What would 3d Printing be without a challenge -- boring

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll certainly be interested to see how the CANbus works out. Not sure if I'll bother re-wiring my Trident since it works, but it's an intriguing option for possible future builds.

The Octopus has lots of connections available. Plenty of fans, I still have spares even after adding Nevermore. There's also enough for LED when you get creative. I have the SB toolhead ones on the LED port and the case lights on the BLTouch port. Works perfectly.

6 hours ago, claudermilk said:

There's also enough for LED when you get creative. I have the SB toolhead ones on the LED port and the case lights on the BLTouch port. Works perfectly

Will certainly give that a try if the CANbus does not work out. Have designed a mount for the Stealthburner PCB. Reason I did not use was that it would be exposed. I am not that familiar with designing thus integrating a cover will be challenging for me. This is prototype 11 that was printed and fitted thought it needs a cutout for the extruder motor connection.

IMG_2461.jpeg

IMG_2462.jpeg

• Like 2

Trial Fitted the LGX PCB adapter with fittings. Looks Neat and Tidy

IMG_2466.thumb.jpeg.ee29de56126f162a755b6d38e1e39de5.jpeg

IMG_2467.thumb.jpeg.5f604d80335679fb5faa61ece31d108e.jpeg

Now to redesign the cover . This one just fitted with VB tape. Searching for the STEP file to adapt. 

IMG_2468.thumb.jpeg.9ffcccdf75ce4d9f4625b429b1433049.jpeg

IMG_2469.thumb.jpeg.f7062e45973dbfbcda0203774d78de50.jpeg

Why do I do this?

Because I can. 🙂

The problem with NOT buying a wiring harness.  Mostly used 24AWG rigid wiring for the hotted PCB and silicon AWG24 for endstops. Hopefully this will last a couple of years and not break as silicone does.

IMG_2476.thumb.jpeg.459e8de89659d39e4827c7198f5ce9e3.jpeg

Let's tidy this up.

IMG_2477.thumb.jpeg.73ffe868dc70392f4fe75c01d5ef2fcf.jpeg

and this.

IMG_2478.thumb.jpeg.8aecebb64f1bdf908a3d54d97058998b.jpeg

Gonna be a long night.....