Voron Micron 180. The tiny gimmick v2.5143

Maurici

well. I didn´t have the octopus board configured for uart and the usb power jumper was in.

Sadly, after making the right configuration, It made no difference. Any configuration I´m doing in printer config makes no difference. Seems like I´m not managing to comunicate in uart with the steppers

ok. managed to kill the noise playing and activating the the stealthchop_threshold. so at least that means now is working and comunicating in uard.

this is a bummer because I want to run in spreadcycle and I don´t care about noise when printing, but the whinning noise when holding is unbareable.

Is like this with all the octopus with 2209?

32 minutes ago, Maurici said:

Is like this with all the octopus with 2209?

I am using an Octopus in my Trident with BTT 2209 drivers set for spreadCycle with StepperOnline motors and have no motor whining. I tried using the hold_current option but found it better to comment that out.

Here's what my Z stepper config looks like, same on all three (Trident):

[stepper_z1]
step_pin: PG4
dir_pin: !PC1
enable_pin: !PA0
# Rotation Distance for TR8x8 = 8, TR8x4 = 4, TR8x2 = 2
rotation_distance: 4
microsteps: 32

[tmc2209 stepper_z1]
uart_pin: PC7
interpolate: False
run_current: 0.6  #Amps spec = 1.68, * 0.707 = 1.1 max, TMC2209 max = 1.2
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 0

I use Octopus with 2209s. IIRC, the only thing I changed was the run_current to match the steppers I use (LDO); otherwise it's as presented in the stock starter config.

I´m gessing is another testament to the poor quality of the kit from blurolls

Anyway Right now is in stealthchop and all works perfectly, so I imagine there is nothing obviously wrong....

She prints.

Quality so far is very low. Isn´t tuned and I´ve gone straight to one of my "speedbenchys"... but is very promising

I´ll give it a few mor prints and I´ll start tidying up the wiring and enclosure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Maurici said:

his is a bummer because I want to run in spreadcycle and I don´t care about noise when printing, but the whinning noise when holding is unbareable.

Hold current has been abandoned, but it may be worth while re-entering if you want to use spreadcycle. I use spreadcycle for printing and use moons motors thus no whining. Have read that setting a low hold current may eliminate this. Worth a try.

[tmc2209 stepper_z1]
run_current: 0.8
hold_current: 0.4      ## has been abandoned, but worth a try

1 hour ago, mvdveer said:

Hold current has been abandoned, but it may be worth while re-entering if you want to use spreadcycle. I use spreadcycle for printing and use moons motors thus no whining. Have read that setting a low hold current may eliminate this. Worth a try.

[tmc2209 stepper_z1]
run_current: 0.8
hold_current: 0.4      ## has been abandoned, but worth a try

cheers mate I´ll take a look on the next round of configuration.

meanwhile... I´ve spend an hour after dinner sorting the "moving" wiring inside the enclosure.

I know many won´t like my approach on the extruder but if you see a pic of all my printers, the wiring in my extruders is allways exposed.

I swap nozzles and hot end assemblies (heat breaks really) with heat blocks and thermistor way to often when I swapp to TPU, and EVERYTHING on the extruder needs to be a few cable ties away.

I´m sure I will regret down the line my choice of chain. In the kit BOM no chain was included so I printed mines... then a chain showed off on the kit. But I had already invested way too much time making my chain as production as possible lubing it with teflon, and trimming corners... so I wasn´t going to let it go to waste...

image.thumb.jpeg.940f9acdf7e5d4e6282b64e9fb8c4c73.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f67acf37fe6d5e2cf3df47aed640ee62.jpeg

• Like 1

She is now printing with input shaper, KAMP and all the bells and wistles!

Electronics are all done.

Now I only need finish the enclosure and decide what piscreen do I use 7 looks overkill and 7" is the only stuff I currently have free.

Also need to decide chamber temperature control (if any) I need to check what temperature does it reaches.

Oh. And print a nevermore thing.

• Voron FTW! 4

so... another one for the klipper magicians.

To improve my z-ofset consistency, I´m wondering if there is a way to click twice or more to home.... as it does for bed leveling, or gantry  level...

So fas when I home only clicks once.

If I´m correct my inductive probe and my BL touch will click twice three or even four times using safe home options... but clicky doesn´t. where do I look? (using kliky homing override rather than safe homing... I can´t use safe homing apparently with the klicky).

Edited by Maurici

16 hours ago, atrushing said:

I am pretty sure that adding the parameter:

second_homing_speed:  # Velocity (in mm/s) of the stepper when performing the second home.

under the [stepper_z] section will add a second click at whichever speed you define.

Thanks.

Sadly I have to mess with the klicky variables I´m affraid... and I´m not really sure how to do so.

on a completely different matter... Yet another fxxup of our blurolls friends.

They sent the wrong foam. Micron can´t be assembled with 1mm foam as the V0, but needs 3mm as "spacer" for the pannels to save belts, and Linear rails sleds and so on...

As they only sent 1mm instead of 3 (that I had by miracle) they didn´t include sufficient 12mm bolts. (or at their standart 11.2mm). sadly I didn´t have enough M3x12 so. Howeve, everything happens for a reason. Remembered the friking brilliant pannel Zero solution and nocked off the design for my own application. Blessing!!!

On the other side... now I have a lot of useless M3 nuts rattling inside my frame. Bollocks. I hate those people by now (but I friking love my printer, she is so cute and prints now INCREDIBLY good taking in account it has Zero deep tuning other than imput shaper).

image.thumb.jpeg.bfbdb2629bb53db4df05336fe0f566ce.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.92270e95fcd54b39616f705ac609d4ec.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Maurici said:

but I friking love my printer, she is so cute and prints now INCREDIBLY good taking

Looks awesome - colors came together well. The ones we struggle with most are the ones we come to enjoy most after.

Loved the journey of the build. Love the little printer - happy printing

38 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Looks awesome - colors came together well. The ones we struggle with most are the ones we come to enjoy most after.

Loved the journey of the build. Love the little printer - happy printing

we are not done yet... it doesn´t have colourful LEDs, enclosure fans, filters, screens... Wait for it!! XD putting the kit together, while fiddly thanks to the actual kit, was the easy bit!

1 hour ago, Maurici said:

we are not done yet... it doesn´t have colourful LEDs, enclosure fans, filters, screens... Wait for it!! XD putting the kit together, while fiddly thanks to the actual kit, was the easy bit!

Waiting......waiting......waiting 😄

So... lets kick off the mods!!

Building a niche printer means you have to make the way and probably self design many things... im genuinely stuck on the following points, and i would appreciate some ideas before i blindly fire up the cad...

Filtering options:

What nevermorish style filters are around?

I want to put some sort of filtration, but i cant see anywhere to put it.

Is there any "off case" filtering style? Inside the printer there is no space whatsoever... any ideas?

Screen:

What is the screen of choice? I have a few 7 inches screens useable, but i find it overkill... i have used in the past 3.5 inches very cheam from aliexpress but was a pain to install the drivers and once installed it screws the drivers from klilpy for the accelerometre... the 7 inches i have, despite no original, they afe plug and play. I want klipperscreen in the printer. Any ideas? 5 inches i guess but any pointer to one that works?

Bed fan/enclosure heating:

In my zero, i have a giant 5v pc fan that helps to distribute the heat of the fan around the printer enclosure and works very well.

Again, as per nevermore no space on the sides or behind... maybe slotting a few spare blower fans under the bed slot? Does it makes any sense?

Enclosure control:

In the v0 and the switwire, the temperature control is passive, as i dont have additional ports on the boards... (that means a display with temperature and nothing else). Do you have the temperature wired onto the printer to allow for macros and so? Not sure i see the usefulness of it as i then to wait till soaked and babysit the start of the first layer...

Ilumination:

What sort of led strips do you buy? Is something i have also pending in the v0 because i dont want to overpay for the "led kits". Im  sure some of you has figured out how to install LED strips cheap from amazon isn't it?

Any inspiration will be well recieved. 

• Maurici changed the title to Voron Micron 180. The tiny gimmick v2.5143

@mvdveer Seeing your colection of zeros...

Are your screens 5 inches?

What connection protocol do they use?

R they plug n play as the piscreens or requiere a lot of drivers (my experience with the drivers is that they screw up the resonance accelerometre driver for some reason) doesn´t happens ever in my plug and play screens.

And what kind of bracket did you use?

Thanks. Maurici.

5 hours ago, Maurici said:

Are your screens 5 inches?

One is a 4.3" and two are 5" screens - BTT PiTFT43 with the 4.3 fly_screen mount on the Blue V0.

On the Violet Trizero and the Pink Boxzero I have the  BTT PiTFT50 v2 screens with the attached mount in the zip file.

R they plug n play as the piscreens or requiere a lot of drivers

Plug and play. Only configuration is the orientation of the screen and this is done by flicking a switch on the screen. Connecter is standard Raspi DSI (Flat Cable connector) No drivers needed. Works out of the box

And what kind of bracket did you use?

I have attached the files for you.

4.3_fly_screen_mount.STL V0 BTT PI TFT50 Mount.zip BTTPiTFT43 V0 Mount.zip

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

One is a 4.3" and two are 5" screens - BTT PiTFT43 with the 4.3 fly_screen mount on the Blue V0.

On the Violet Trizero and the Pink Boxzero I have the  BTT PiTFT50 v2 screens with the attached mount in the zip file.

Plug and play. Only configuration is the orientation of the screen and this is done by flicking a switch on the screen. Connecter is standard Raspi DSI (Flat Cable connector) No drivers needed. Works out of the box

I have attached the files for you.

4.3_fly_screen_mount.STL 407.7 kB · 0 downloads V0 BTT PI TFT50 Mount.zip 5.74 MB · 0 downloads BTTPiTFT43 V0 Mount.zip 2.35 MB · 0 downloads

Wow. Thanks!!! Amazing amount of info!!

Appreciate this!

3 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Congratulations on V2.5143!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maurici said:

However... I´m gessin is that one, or very similar? 

It is but wont fit the V0.

I have attached the zip file which have the step files.

Let me know if that's what youwant, else I'll go searching for where I got them from a long long time ago..

V0 BTT PI TFT50 Mount.zip

• Like 1

Thanks. That'll do. Now ill try to addapt it to the micron.

Meanwhile... as im a bit skint after building the micron, decieded to connect one of my 7" screens to convince myself that was going to be too much for the printer!

Now i sort of like it. And the fact that is not attached to the printer has some appeal to. Taking it in your hands and (Being able to mess with it without having to adapt your body posture like if it was a remote is actually really great). But indeed doesn't looks neat not integrated. (Not that i really care about it)...

20230308_014558.jpg

• Like 1