Voron Micron 180. The tiny gimmick v2.5143

Maurici

7 hours ago, Buurman said:

I have build now 10+ Formbot kits 2.4 350's mostly and never disappointed me yet, they become better and better.

Tend to afgree. Busy with the 3rd Formbot kit and other than 3mm foam missing from a Trident kit, all is good quality and dimensionally accurate

10 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Tend to afgree. Busy with the 3rd Formbot kit and other than 3mm foam missing from a Trident kit, all is good quality and dimensionally accurate

Weak point is the wiring I think, even though they use teflon like wiring they say, its a bit stiff and had now 2 wire breaks in the last year.

I now decided to only build them with the wiring harness of Fermio, its a good investment for liability, and is light, and all black...

Formbot did upgrade their PEI plate, really nicely. although PEI layer is a little thinner I think.

They also add some pre-printed parts now, the exhaust filter for example, and some SB parts, as the X carriage, these are molted and very strong...

25 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Weak point is the wiring I think,

Cannot say anything about the wiring loom, as the canbus only uses 4 wires, not part of formbot. The V0 wiring was pretty good. Must say though their wiring looms are well marked and the AC wiring in my mind excellent.

And another fxxck up from blurolls... They have sent the wrong hot end fan. a 3007 is needed for the Mini AB of AS... and they have sent a 3010.

That will definitely halt the build as I´m feed up sorting up a kit that was somewhere around 600 pounds shipped and all, with this disappointing quality.

So far, I had to source one of the extrusions myself, use my own stash of many of the bolts, used the reminders of belts I had lying around, wrong hot end fan was sent...

The printer is halfway build but I´m really feed up today. I´ll update with blurolls response on all the issues and Will move from there...

Bottom line, the micron is really cool, blurolls is absolutely shocking.

Edited by Maurici
fruity language...

Well, after a night sleep and an finally an answer from blurolls...

Apparently the BOM for the 180+ is wrong. they´ll have to contact the creator of the micron to update that extrusion.

I´ve been pulling the CAD to put the printer together as the instruction have substantial lack of detail. cad calls for 185mm extrusion, the Bom 180. This 5mm don´t allow space for one of the m3 nuts to engage. That hopefully will be sorted in the following kits and they will send a replacement (kinda pointless now as I´ve already cut one of mines, but at least there is an explanation.

image.thumb.png.6e45320a501bd9802706afe055cf851f.png

They have been apologetic about the bolts, however not really a solution there. All their stock is from that same supplier... never mind.

The Fan thing... The BOM just changed the 3rd of February (I had the previous documentation) and called for a 4010 for the ministealthburner, however no indication was given in the instructions for the change, as they still refer to the mini Afterburner from the V0 on the instructions. As a interim solution I have butchered the 4010 and made it fit in my hot end.

They will send new belts (again, kinda pointless as I´ve used mines) not less annoying, but always handy to have spare gates lying around I guess.

Edited by Maurici
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Maurici said:

hey will send a replacement (

See it as a partial win - at least they acknowledged there was an error. Push them for a full new kit to compensate for your inconvenience. Might just work, who knows ?

27 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

See it as a partial win - at least they acknowledged there was an error. Push them for a full new kit to compensate for your inconvenience. Might just work, who knows ?

I´m pushing them for a partial refund given all the frustrations and stuff I´ve had to do (I´m yet to finish) but we´ll see.

And yes. At least a partial win. If from all this situation, they improve the kit, sort some errors and the next user has a better experience, I´ll be satisfied. If they partially make up to me, even better...

We´ll see.

I will have to take a different approach with this build. 1 fan a day, 1 harness a day, 1 part a day...

my frustration yesterday reached pretty high levels XD and isn´t the point of building one of this.

Try and enjoy the build despite the frustrations. Every obstacle you overcome is a win and something to be proud of. In the end - it WILL be WORTH it. Have fun. My first three Voron's were self -sourced - and Oh boy did my vocabulary expand - and not in a good way! In the end though it was an achievement and I learned a lot and happy I did it that way. See this as a self-sourced Blurolls build 😄

well. Talking about frustrations... I´ve started mocking up my most favourite topic in the world.

Note to self... next time we are going to CanBus XD.

don´t worry. It will look tidier when finished. I´m only studing the routing.

image.thumb.jpeg.8807b47af9e2274fb9e970df85ae4828.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.685190faf998fda2a303a5524fec928c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.99e38f8c82280f1767c1a89b29547824.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2c3d030000b14c6b3dea953b81453de4.jpeg

and all is heading down to the scrapp box/Bin.

image.thumb.jpeg.80b25ec1c251ebd788f11f73ddc4d6a8.jpeg

Hopefully doens´t means anything...

• Like 1

I'm dreading the moment I have to configure clicky as a Z endstop and so on. As said, I will not be able to have a sexbolt thing (a shame because the name is seductive) Being a whole new tecnology for me (flying gantry, quad gantry leveling and the whole nine yards) I would like to make a reading before trying things on my own. I'm not that far away from this stage, as to avoid the same mistakes I did with the 0, that I did it and undid it about seven milion times, the printer will run as a proto skeleton for a while untill im happy with it, so essentially, I'm a few crimps away.

I'm correct on guessing that essentially the configuration of the clicky and flying gantry for the micron will be the same as for a voron 2.4 without Z endstop?

if so, this resource tells me how to set it up. https://docs.vorondesign.com/community/howto/Takuya/Klicky_Probe_AutoZ_Alternative.html

However... what is the youtube video of refference for clicky? I've seen some of 10 minutes... others of 2 hours. Can someone point me to the one to use?

It only easier, you will need do define you z end stop as virtual.

when behind my pc I will send that part from my config.

I went away from the sexbolt or other z end stop, I’m just using the klicky and it’s faster, simpler and works perfectly.

easy config, easier than with a physical end stop.

• Voron FTW! 1

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

It only easier, you will need do define you z end stop as virtual.

when behind my pc I will send that part from my config.

I went away from the sexbolt or other z end stop, I’m just using the klicky and it’s faster, simpler and works perfectly.

easy config, easier than with a physical end stop.

Appreciate it, thanks!

well. Klipper magicians requiered here...

Unable to parse option 'gantry_corners' in section 'quad_gantry_level'

Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the "RESTART"
command to reload the config and restart the host software.
Printer is halted

[quad_gantry_level]

gantry_corners:
   -60.2,-10.4
  Probe points

speed: 100
horizontal_move_z: 15
retries: 5
retry_tolerance: 0.0075
max_adjust: 10

Any idea of what I´m doing wrong?

10 minutes ago, Maurici said:

Any idea of what I´m doing wrong?

I don't think it likes decimals.

Just try :

[quad_gantry_level]

gantry_corners:
   -60,-10

9 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

I don't think it likes decimals.

Just try :

[quad_gantry_level]

gantry_corners:
   -60,-10

tried that already... with little joy...

Edited by Maurici

also the steppers are INCREDIBLY noisy...

Moves X and Y, fans work, thermistors and heaters works, X, Y, Z direction works... 

so far I can´t home Z coz I cant define the gantry and I know nothing about klicky...

and the steppers are supper noisy. No difference using stealthchop threshold or not.

Tomorrow more. Meanwhile, if someone wants to chip in to help with klipper and klicky... I´m lost. XD.

Edited by Maurici

The only other thing I can think of is the formatting of the commands. Klipper is telling us it cannot interpret the values it is given:

[quad_gantry_level]             # No indentation
gantry_corners:                 # No indentation
   -60,-10                      # Tabbed in once
   310, 320                     # Tabbed in once
##  Probe points
   50,25                        # Tabbed in once
   50,175                       # Tabbed in once
   200,175                      # Tabbed in once
   200,25                       # Tabbed in once

Depending on the size of your build: The above is for a 250 build. If you have a 180 build then the values will be smaller. Remembering these gantry_corners are OFF the build plate - it is the position of the Z-Motors. For a 180 build I would suspect something like this:

-60,-10

240, 190

Measure the distance between the corner of the build plate and the belt of the motor in both X and Y

30 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

The only other thing I can think of is the formatting of the commands. Klipper is telling us it cannot interpret the values it is given:

[quad_gantry_level]             # No indentation
gantry_corners:                 # No indentation
   -60,-10                      # Tabbed in once
   310, 320                     # Tabbed in once
##  Probe points
   50,25                        # Tabbed in once
   50,175                       # Tabbed in once
   200,175                      # Tabbed in once
   200,25                       # Tabbed in once

Depending on the size of your build: The above is for a 250 build. If you have a 180 build then the values will be smaller. Remembering these gantry_corners are OFF the build plate - it is the position of the Z-Motors. For a 180 build I would suspect something like this:

-60,-10

240, 190

Measure the distance between the corner of the build plate and the belt of the motor in both X and Y

I´m such a nob I was deleting the ## in the "probe points" line. thanks sir!! your copy paste made me spot my mistake!

https://imgur.com/19cTD9K

Time to bed now, I have to figure out how to park the probe and so on... not that trivial. see my test bench...

image.thumb.jpeg.ecb8b0cd7d525ade91eee042a61fd519.jpeg

Edited by Maurici
  • Like 2

Make sure you have the right settings for the motors. 

Step settings

Current

Stealthchop 999999 (may help)

microsteps 16/32

sometimes upping the current can help with noise, BUT be sure its within the reach of your motors...

Your motors may be different from mine, I got Moons and I think the bigger motors.

my settings for Z motors:

##  Z2 Stepper - Rear Right
##  Connected to MOTOR_4
[stepper_z2]
step_pin: PF9
dir_pin: PF10
enable_pin: !PG2
rotation_distance: 40
gear_ratio: 80:16
microsteps: 32

##  Make sure to update below for your relevant driver (2208 or 2209)
[tmc2209 stepper_z2]
uart_pin: PF2
interpolate: false
run_current: 0.8
#hold_current: 0.6
sense_resistor: 0.110
stealthchop_threshold: 999999

• Like 1

• Maurici changed the title to Voron Micron 180. The tiny gimmick v2.5143