Keep the mods coming - Boxed-Tri-V0

mvdveer

Was going to keep this one quiet, but then asking for others to do a build diary and me not - how did @smirk put it:

pot; kettle;black - point taken.

How did this start? Well I ordered some 300mm extrusions for the previous tri-zero build (Voron with a twist). However living where I do, postage can be an issue and I got tired of waiting for the parts to arrive, so I finished the previous build without the longer extrusions.

Since then they have arrived, and having build two previous V0's, I had plenty of spare parts. And as the members of the forum has come to know, I have plenty of extra's for those "rainy days" or "just in case days" - again not hoarding, just forward planning.  Also loved the way the TriZero prints - auto bed levelling, auto Z-calibration, etc. Thus - another Vo build.

As you know, I cannot seem to build a stock standard Voron - thus decided to to the Box Zero, but wait there is more - the TriZero needs to be incorporated, as well as auto Z calibration, and I need the unofficial Mini-stealthburner from @atrushing but wait there is more - why only have LED's on the toolhead - modified the bed log - put an LED in there as well. And Who mounts for the bed....

Enough of my rambling - some pictures - don't have many as I was not going to do a build diary.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa8695681b7259a0e4f3b733b1f36108.jpeg

IMG_3324.thumb.jpeg.ec39077f646835687d5a80729b6e0bab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fdc42ca2f43d5a74bde70e8036e4bcb4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.33a05f60e7e014af81ea90e7d2fee349.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Voron FTW! 3

36 minutes ago, atrushing said:

You sent me on quite a chase trying to find this stylish front piece!

Ha ha ha - sorry about that - had to modify it to fit the tri-zero bed. Now I am trying to modify your Orbiter 2 motor mount to accept two heatserts in order to mount a PCB to it. I am a novice when it comes to Fusion and modifying still's.

IMG_3346.thumb.jpeg.fc62479332291dbe2c8838a49b401b09.jpeg

26 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Now I am trying to modify your Orbiter 2 motor mount to accept two heatserts in order to mount a PCB to it.

Something like this?

2022-11-29-094511_1920x1054_scrot.thumb.png.160bd8086654b64688fa7f635cb66ad5.png

I guess I could let you finish it in Fusion360 to help you learn 😉

I did have to thicken the walls around the heat-insert. If they need to be thicker just let me know. Blender takes a while to learn (and I still use it more like MS Paint than like Photoshop) but once you get the basics down it becomes very powerful!

Motor_bridge_frame_Orbiter_2.0_PCB_Mount.stl

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

modify your Orbiter 2 motor mount to accept two heatserts

Took the lazy man's way - drilled the existing holes through the body, then enlarged the outside holes to 4.8mm with a dril bit and inserted the heatserts. Job done

IMG_3349.thumb.jpeg.939c991fa9cf095ae521a05fbd40cecd.jpegIMG_3351.thumb.jpeg.6506b5e9f2ad8183db0bcce5aa94fbdf.jpegone

9 minutes ago, atrushing said:

guess I could let you finish it in Fusion360 to help you learn

Yeah right thanks - as you see I am not the patient one. Printing this now to replace my "hatchet job". 🤣

Thank you again for your efforts - sure others will use this as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, atrushing said:

Looks like you're moving pretty quick with this build!

Started the build diary a bit late - been building for a while when time allows. You know this thing called work gets in the way 🙂

You are an absolute BEAST! love to see this, and the crazy color, love it! 

I also noticed the LED bottom somewhere, and realised its too cool to not do it, So im pretty sure when I correct my neon Yellow with the right red bull yellow, im gonna insert this too, looks great!

My build has been on hold for a few weeks, feeling quite sick, but all good now and will continue too, this is very inspiring @mvdveer

Cant wait what you will add, like always, color me impressed!

PS. happy you like the pliers too!!

5 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Yeah right thanks - as you see I am not the patient one. Printing this now to replace my "hatchet job". 🤣

Thank you again for your efforts - sure others will use this as well.

Somewhere I picked up a reference to Paul Mcwhorter on YouTube. He has a fantastic series on Fusion360. Skip past all the how to set up a Creality printer & basics of printing stuff, and the how to make an iced coffee to the meat of the info. His videos supercharged my learning curve on the program and my last project went so much better than my fumblin around on earlier ones.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mvdveer said:

A searching I go.....

Found it 

There is a lot of lessons!

There are. I found I could skip the first three or four--he goes over buying and building an Ender. Bleh--we're all well past that here. A couple later on I skipped because he focused on messing with the printer or how to measure with the digital calipers. I will probably watch the parametric model one and a couple others. Later lessons seem to get back to more working with the printer. It's the early ones covering the sketch techniques that I found to be really, really good.

7 hours ago, claudermilk said:

It's the early ones covering the sketch techniques that I found to be really, really good.

Up to Lesson 7 and find these really helpful thanks. Skipping over his intro and coffee section, fast forwarding through the printer stuff. So far - well wort watching. Thanks again!

Boy this ia a small machine. Like last time struggled to fir all the power components in the space but got there in the end. The three motors do take up a lot of space, Raspi Pi mounted on the Waveshare screen. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a7d0a26eff632c4f36ddc87b7bea3e55.jpeg

AS this build is done with spare parts I have, I am "forced " to use the BTT e3mini - not my favourite board but I am not going to buy an octopus board as that would defy the aim I had when starting this build. To complete it with hardware I have on hand. Have to use two of them as there are 6 motors that need to be driven.

Now my favourite part of the build starts (NOT) - Crimping and wiring up the electronics.

IMG_3357.thumb.jpeg.a3c9071a7e2dbf1a04cf0eb5226ebc05.jpeg

Let the games begin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mvdveer said:

To complete it with hardware I have on hand. Have to use two of them as there are 6 motors that need to be driven.

I was about to ask - "Why you got two E3's in there why not something better" 🤣. It'll be interesting how you weave spin that wiring from straw to gold.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smirk said:

spin that wiring from straw to gold.

Rapunzel at work.

20 minutes ago, smirk said:

Why you got two E3's

Hope it doesn't come back to bite my in the backside. Time will tell

1 hour ago, atrushing said:

As Oscar Wilde says, "We are each our own devil and we make this world our hell".

But the results are worth it!

So true, but still dread crimping. Have had too many failures in this department. So far so good with the new crimping tool I got. Hope to power it up by the end of this weekend - what and see

1 hour ago, mvdveer said:

Boy this ia a small machine. Like last time struggled to fir all the power components in the space but got there in the end. The three motors do take up a lot of space, Raspi Pi mounted on the Waveshare screen. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a7d0a26eff632c4f36ddc87b7bea3e55.jpeg

AS this build is done with spare parts I have, I am "forced " to use the BTT e3mini - not my favourite board but I am not going to buy an octopus board as that would defy the aim I had when starting this build. To complete it with hardware I have on hand. Have to use two of them as there are 6 motors that need to be driven.

Now my favourite part of the build starts (NOT) - Crimping and wiring up the electronics.

IMG_3357.thumb.jpeg.a3c9071a7e2dbf1a04cf0eb5226ebc05.jpeg

Let the games begin!

I need a link to those feet @mvdveer 😛 coudnt find them before... pretty please?

18 minutes ago, Buurman said:

I need a link to those feet @mvdveer 😛 coudnt find them before... pretty please?

These are the ones I am using. 

https://www.printables.com/model/191530-generic-squash-ball-feet

Don't think they will fit the standard feet of the V0 generic, but goes well with the skirts I am using:

The skirts are from here :

https://github.com/zruncho3d/tri-zero/tree/main/Mods/hbo/SkirtsCollection

Lets play squash

• Like 1

Finished crimping for the evening. But will have to get the soldering iron out again. Having build this from four different sources, I overlooked the Y-endstop, until I came to connecting the end stops - wait - there is one missing. The Y. Why-oh-why?

image.thumb.jpeg.4e75967e78a95faaa79e7fa883d6aafb.jpeg

We really have to call you "the modking" how do you always seem to find the right mods for everything??

PS. your top right frame doenst seem fixed yet 😛 but I like this extended version, much better than (im sorry) crappy tophat...

But I think you owe use to list your used mods... always!!! hahaha! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buurman said:

your top right frame doenst seem fixed yet

No it is not. Need to reprint the corner support as I broke part of it when putting it together. Clumsy hands and thick fingers. The extrusions tightly fit into these without using screws.