My first V0.1... "the fat finger test"

Buurman

1 hour ago, smirk said:

One advantage of replaceabled motor drivers

Thats why I have spares, also an octopus board, too bad this one, the v3 is a bit different than the v2, otherwise I would have considered a swap, since I have that one here, I just be patient (I try) and wait for a new board. Could have one today from Amazon, but I am not going to pay 65 euro for a board that is 35 bucks. So ordered at BTT itself, as always, nomrally they are pretty fast.

20 minutes ago, Buurman said:

the v3 is a bit different

Do not like this board. Had two boards now with drivers failing after a couple of months. One on a Ender 3 and another on a Tronxy. And you cannot replace the drivers, need to replace the full board

4 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Do not like this board.

I'll second that, i've had similar experiences with it really put me off BTT......although....

4 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

You forgot to mention the Easter Eggs

Curse you both....I'm now browsing the damned site thinking "Hmmmm.....perhaps an early Christmas present. I was pleasantly surprised by their  PICO after all"

• Haha 2

Pfew, this took serious efforts to make it this 0.96" display work, if I had known, I just went for a 4" or so 😛 

The BTT E3 mini v3 doesnt seem to support i2C anymore and for the fun of it they also changed pin layouts between V1 and V1.2, and maybe again with V3..  So trying to connect the display to the BTT board and use that mcu, failed.

So getting this to work was eventually easy, if I didnt try for hours to get it to work from the BTT board itself, but connecting the display to the Raspberry PI, conenct the display FIRST otherwise you get an error in klipper that results in a shutdown.

Its this layout, yet, my display is 5V so connected it to 5V and not 3.3V.

image.png.2b13f32565689d4fe55daa886ad4ec31.png

image.png.5fc7ffb16fced7aa3439c579f77d42a9.png

The install Microcontroller on the PI with a few easy commands.

https://www.klipper3d.org/RPi_microcontroller.html

ADD this to your Printer.cfg:

[mcu host]
serial: /tmp/klipper_host_mcu

[display]
lcd_type: ssd1306
i2c_mcu: host
i2c_bus: i2c.1

All done.

20221108_100621733_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

Waiting for the new board so I can swap but think im almost in the clear, waiting for new transparent panels for the tophat, ince the last ones I ordered were to thick 3.25mm and didnt fit anything, got my money back. 

Now a previous buyer of a v2.4R2 is CNC'ing them for me with an exxtra set fo the V2.4, lets see, cant wait!

Seeing the photos now, I think I will reprint the feet in black...

20221108_144411891_iOS.jpg

20221108_144436166_iOS.jpg

Edited by Buurman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

IS it me or is the door mechanism on the V0.1 way more satisfying than the V2.4?

You're just descending into utter depravity now, it is just you.....

.....Ach! Who am I kidding. It's fabulously satisfying but don't tell anyone else this. It's out secret. They wouldn't understand!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buurman said:

IS it me or is the door mechanism on the V0.1 way more satisfying than the V2.4? 😛 

Sorry, can't have it all to yourself. Agree it is much better. Have ordered 6mm glass panels for my Voron with a single door because of this

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Sorry, can't have it all to yourself. Agree it is much better. Have ordered 6mm glass panels for my Voron with a single door because of this

I think I am going to follow your example!! like so often happens 😛 Have you found a good mod for it, or are we just gonna enlarge the V0 ones by 300% 😛 

But I like the handle, magnets this way, maybe I do want to keep 2 doors, but still have handles in the middle that click together with magnets or so... need to think about this... 

2 minutes ago, Buurman said:

But I like the handle, magnets this way, maybe I do want to keep 2 doors, but still have handles in the middle that click together with magnets or so... need to think about this...

That is a pretty good idea! And I thought I was happy with my Trident the way it is...

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

Have you found a good mod for it,

I have taken the cad to the Glazier and they manufactured accordingly:

Picking it up next week.

Cad from here: 

The reason is the glass panels are laminated sound proof glass

• Voron FTW! 1