Voron 2.4 R1 350x350x350 PIF Self Sourcing / R2 Upgrade

BlackJack

This may be just my opinion, but I would suggest wiring the power supply terminals directly to the controller board terminals. You are pushing the current for everything through one ground and one plus side wire (7 stepper motors and the hotend). The WAGOs are nice, but not necessarily for distributing DC power in some cases

Using the WAGOs this way is no different that just bridging the terminals on the controller together and I believe that was not recommended.

Just check to make sure or dismiss my comment as nonsense... 🙂

On 5/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, SteveThatcher said:

This may be just my opinion, but I would suggest wiring the power supply terminals directly to the controller board terminals. You are pushing the current for everything through one ground and one plus side wire (7 stepper motors and the hotend). The WAGOs are nice, but not necessarily for distributing DC power in some cases

Using the WAGOs this way is no different that just bridging the terminals on the controller together and I believe that was not recommended.

Just check to make sure or dismiss my comment as nonsense... 🙂

@SteveThatcher Thank you that kind of clear a few things up that I was not sure about since the manual was not clear on it and only show a t joint on the connections.

I'll go over it and redo it.

• Like 1

Removed the WAGO DC power wiring.

20220605_110152.thumb.jpg.9af71e37a4215c0dc6e1ff6ee2aaa650.jpg

I have finish install the screen, skirts and redone the DC power wiring so all 3 power comes from the power supply.

20220605_130703.thumb.jpg.872ca05cdb64f5b7f5f9af63c9fa93e5.jpg

I was not able to find anyone have stock for a new V2.4 R2 350mm harness I can order to replace my harness that are too short. Don't want to end up buying some ptfe wires and connectors to make my own it will take far too long to wait for parts and more time to make it I don't have a lot of time lately.

Will keep looking for a harness for now.

• Like 2