Trident - 300 Yes I'm Hooked!

PFarm

Just received the nofificattion for your post. Minutes after I started to do some searching about firmware updates.

Some message similar to this one ?

image.png.53a2f9cf33cb4ad949889d1376b7c2fc.png

Have this on both the 0.2 and the 2.4

Found an interesting reading : https://docs.vorondesign.com/community/howto/drachenkatze/automating_klipper_mcu_updates.html

While writing this, I see there's another commit by Bigtreetech for the STM32g0 (EBB36) 22 minutes ago !

Shouldn't the EBB and SB2209 be updatable over CANBUS ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YaaJ said:

Just received the nofificattion for your post. Minutes after I started to do some searching about firmware updates.

Some message similar to this one ?

image.png.53a2f9cf33cb4ad949889d1376b7c2fc.png

Have this on both the 0.2 and the 2.4

Found an interesting reading : https://docs.vorondesign.com/community/howto/drachenkatze/automating_klipper_mcu_updates.html

While writing this, I see there's another commit by Bigtreetech for the STM32g0 (EBB36) 22 minutes ago !

Shouldn't the EBB and SB2209 be updatable over CANBUS ?

Yes, that is the error I got as well, both the mainboard and the EBB devices need the newest version of Klipper installed. Can be flashed over Canbus if Katapult is installed. I've used this link to reflash both devices.

https://github.com/Esoterical/voron_canbus/tree/main/mainboard_flashing/common_hardware

One way to find out if you've enabled Katapult previously is to press the reset button twice on your mainboard, ssh into the device do the lsusb command and you should see your mainboard ST32 number come up.

Canbus with Katapult Update Guide

Edited by PFarm

The weird thing is that the error disappeared after flashing just the "linux firmware" on the RasPi... Was about to reflash everything... Klipper didn't complain anymore about the EBB36. Seems to be related with some recent changes in the accelerometer communication protocol (?). It's illogical Klipper now doesn't complain about the EBB36, as it seems it's about the ADXL, and there's one on the EBB. Looking at the Kliper change history didn't help due to a massive lack of knowledge.

Now learning the configuration files, and searching how to update everything at once with one script for all the controllers. (in other words, learning the "make", ".config" and "Kconfig" options. The files in the ~/klipper/src directory. (not familiar with make, as I always used IDEs that hide the make options)

Will not hijack your thread. I will open another one if it is of interest.

• Like 1