Really Rather Red - Trident 350mm - Self Source

Hais

• 2 weeks later...

Did a terrible job at applying RTV to my heater bed, especially as it's an edge-to-edge one. 

However, once the thermal fuse is done too, I'll feel a smidge better it's secure and slightly safer than before. 

It's since cured overnight nice and firm. Just hope the heater pad works as it's not coming off now :classic_laugh:

image.thumb.jpeg.c60f3ab747c357538fdbf8d3f56da106.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57af2ed6511facedda92c24327f8f536.jpeg

Edited by Hais
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hais said:

Just hope the heater pad works as it's not coming off now

Ooooh don't tempt fate 🤪 I once used the same stuff of attach something or other to a heated bed and I do remember cursing quite a lot when I had to remove it. It did seem like a brilliant solution at the time.

9 hours ago, Hais said:

Did a terrible job at applying RTV to my heater bed, especially as it's an edge-to-edge one. 

However, once the thermal fuse is done too, I'll feel a smidge better it's secure and slightly safer than before. 

It's since cured overnight nice and firm. Just hope the heater pad works as it's not coming off now :classic_laugh:

image.thumb.jpeg.c60f3ab747c357538fdbf8d3f56da106.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57af2ed6511facedda92c24327f8f536.jpeg

It's not that bad, I am sure I will do way worse...
On a lighter note, a blind man riding past on a horse in the middle of the night wouldn't even notice 🙂

• Voron FTW! 1
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Long time no update! 

First of all, my stepper motors have had an upgrade. 

Out are the humble LDO-425TH48-2004MAH(VRN) and in are the LDO-425TH48-2804AH a.k.a "SUPER POWER" HT!!

image.thumb.jpeg.409dc87ae953879943488084d957d37d.jpeg

Transplanting the 0.9 degree steppers - which I'd actually installed - for the newer 1.8 degree ones wasn't too painful.

I've also upgraded my hotend from a Revo VORON (I still love the Revo) to something that might keep up with these insane motors and insane stepper drivers. 

So the Rapido Plus was where I went...  

image.thumb.jpeg.243760964b16685d016bbaf98f5df999.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8ae0590992348208101a28380529692b.jpeg

Edited by Hais
Moar photos

Alas, something, ineviabtably, caught me. 

I got TAP installed well - or so I thought. 

image.thumb.jpeg.23f416e11d414473e682414460847b6c.jpegI

But something wasn't right. I was given a tip on Discord that it's probably my poorly printed TAP letting me down. I think they're right. So I'll be reprinting that tomorrow. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1801dace7266d0015c4c344284e91478.jpeg

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hais said:

probably my poorly printed TAP letting me down

doesnt look poorly printed compared to what I mostly see...... and seing the the SB without hte UM2 insert.. too bad, I hate it when the bowden tube falls out sometimes...

19 minutes ago, Buurman said:

seing the the SB without hte UM2 insert.. too bad, I hate it when the bowden tube falls out sometimes...

I have the Bowden tube clips somewhere… don’t worry!

Honestly, it took me a month to figure out where I put the BMG thumbscrew. Why do you think I post so infrequently 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Buurman said:

No it was more of a joke, cause I made a version where a UM2 fits in this, the one you made, doesnt 😉 I dont know why they made it without um2....

I was about to say - I found the clips, but they don’t fit! 

Awesome that you made a mod 🤩

• Thanks 1

On that note, I added it to downloads to make it official I guess, I did see that someone else also made it, but its hidden somewhere in the Enraged Rabbit Github.

I guess he ran into the exact same issue.

• Voron FTW! 2