Problem with Stealthburner PCB

Stadi

Question

Initially setting up my Voron 2.4 build I am now at the point of checking the probe. Since I didn't get any signal from the Octopus, I checked the wiring. The config is a clicky probe on the Stealthburner with a PCB. I have now found out that the signal line seems to have its break on the board. The signal line has no connection between the three-pin JST and the 14-pin Molex. Can it be that there is an error on the PCB or is there another reason for this?
As a next step, I would solder the signal line directly to the pin of the Molex connector

8 answers to this question

Update: Signal is now arriving at the board, a diode on the PCB was in the way. I can now measure the switching state of the switch on the board between the signal line and GND as it should be.
However, the board does not recognize any difference, the switching status does not change. if I change the PIN from ~!PB7 to ~PB7 in the printer.cfg, the status changes from "open" to "triggered" but it still doesn't react to the switch

7 hours ago, Stadi said:

I'll do the solo entertainer here

The stage was all yours. Sorry we didn't chime in - didn't want to upset the performance 🤣 Glad you got it sorted.

I had the same problem on the PCB on my Voron (documented in my build diary) I was not as clever as you and just ran the wires from the probe (Euclid, but same principle as Klicky) straight to the octopus board.

9 hours ago, Stadi said:

However, the board does not recognize any difference, the switching status does not change. if I change the PIN from ~!PB7 to ~PB7 in the printer.cfg, the status changes from "open" to "triggered" but it still doesn't react to the switch

This is the problem I had until I just ran the wires straight from the probe to the octopus.

PROBE BEHAVIOUR: (if working correctly)

Without the probe attached it should show triggered

With the probe attached, it should show open

With probe attached and depressing switch on probe it should show triggered again.

Releasing the switch should show open again

• Like 1

Just come to say that I have the exact problem. 

Originally, the diode will "break" the continuity from harness probe pin to the signal pin on the PCB.  Now I shorted the diode as a lot of people suggested, now the continuity is there. 

When powdered on I checked the continuity from the board to the PCB with a micro switch connected.  When the micro switch is pressed the continuity breaks.  

So everything looks fine, but when check status it always shows the probe is triggered, that's just so frustrated.

I am thinking to grab the probe and aux wire and connect to klicky directly.

Hi, the Klicky normally switches an interruption. So without actuation passage and pressed no passage. Accordingly, you have to reverse the board pin via . either one ! in front of the pin number or if it is already there, remove it