Euclid probe update Voron 2.4 v1- Error message " File contains no section headers???"

SteveS

Question

I have removed the Inductive probe and installed a Euclid probe. I downloaded Euclid  V3 example from Github.

Using Fluidd interface I uploaded euclid.cfg I then entered all the parameters required. I also updated my printer.cfg file.

I have followed a detailed video from Kapman's Basement Workshop. I have checked the syntax several times.

If anyone can suggest something I would be grateful. I have added the Euclid.cfg and Config.cfg as attachments.557368643_ErrorMessage.jpg.928ab3aed7a0ac16690a68123ce2d921.jpg 

euclid.cfg printer (3).cfg

7 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, SteveS said:

f anyone can suggest something I would be grateful. I have added the Euclid.cfg

It seems a formatting error. I have reformatted the Euclid.cfg file and uploaded it. Let me know if this solved the problem.

euclid.cfg

All working! I initially had another line error but once I commented it out all OK.

I would like to understand what you did when you reformatted. Please can you explain what you changed?

The error name is not that helpful.

Really appreciate your help. 

Cheers Steve

That "\n" in the error  message suggests to me the file had incorrect line feed coding. Possibly the file was edited in something like Wordpad which makes files Linux does not like as I recall. Notepad or a proper code editor would be better--or of course now just editing directly in Mainsail/Fluidd.

9 hours ago, SteveS said:

I would like to understand what you did when you reformatted. Please can you explain what you changed?

Klipper is a programming language and like all coding, it requires a certain format when programming macros. Indentation is the important aspect in all of these. Taking you Euclid.cfg file as an example:

1. Your code started about 20 spaces into the line

2. Your macro's were not indented.

All I did was remove this dead space in front of the code in ALL the lines, then correctly indented the code.

For Example: (your original)

1                                              [gcode_macro M401]
2                                              gcode:
3                                                  G90
4                                                  {action_respond_info("Entering M401")}
5                                                  error_if_probe_deployed    ; check to make sure that the probe is not already attached
6                                                  _M401

should be formatted as: 

1 [gcode_macro M401]
2 gcode:
3   G90
4   {action_respond_info("Entering M401")}
5   error_if_probe_deployed    ; check to make sure that the probe is not already attached
6   _M401

For a better explanation see the following link that may explain it better than I can:

https://www.klipper3d.org/Command_Templates.html