Voron 0 with a twist

mvdveer

Received three packages from Frombot (Voron 2.4 350mm, Trident 250mm Voron 0  ), as I decided I was going to see what it was like building a kit rather than self sourcing everything as in the previous 3 builds, and comparing the kit form to a self sourced build.

image.thumb.jpeg.bade33319e674ea3beb54e174a923d8e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ac1711c1defb8225ff2f02d8e5ddc81b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.711ba335f12937818ee2258cc31f56eb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6e90ec57d38dbf759ed073e35261989.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c49bab3e0f51bcd253b17a46136f8293.jpeg

The Voron 0 packaging was secure and well packaged. Happy to have received the Moons motors. The controlled board was a BTT SKR 3 mini v3. And No Raspi pi. Luckily I have some spare. 

• Like 1

Parts printed - eSun ABS black and violet. The black parts printed on the newly completed Switchwire and the accent violet parts printed on my first Voron - the  V0.1632

image.thumb.jpeg.3609f54e94ed6b1dab52b5a9ba554b39.jpeg

Printing the parts for "the twist of the build now" Watch this space.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Then bought three kits at once

Original aim was to build one of each of the Voron's out there. Therefor the Trident kit. But then plans changed  - Kit vs self sourced. No doubt will change again depending what I find down the rabbit hole 😂🤫

The postage savings on ordering the Trident and 2.4 at the same time, paid for the V0 kit

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally started the build - Taking my time with this one. On the Formbot kit - well packaged and great quality. Was some minor scratches on the frame but hardly noticeable. Nice to know everything I need for this build was there in one box. (Well for a normal Voron 0 .1 build, not my twisted version) And it came with the moons motors @Buurman was raving about.  Luckily I have all the other parts required handy. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc6b1eeca26a190f059b68424b5b8cad.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.423e012d323f5e38e96f5a88b0d43356.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0d3157ebb55ce9264c85217339276fb2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8f6ee447ee843a7006642f262f1ab330.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smirk said:

just making me feel bad

Not the intention. We all have different priorities and reasons we do things. Believe it or not, this is my escape, my stress therapy. Slow but steady wins the race @smirk 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mvdveer said:

my stress therapy

And here's me thinking that was collecting Raspberry Pi's 🤣 Still a good reminder to pull my finger out and get on with my build - it's looking very forlorn - but that's one of the things I do love about the build diaries it does help spur (me) onto  some action. I still haven't figured out what the twist is, and that's a good thing, I don't need an extra thing to add to my incomplete build 🤪

• Like 1

11 hours ago, claudermilk said:

I did not see that coming. Well done! So it's a not-a-salad-fork.

Close - same principle - triple Z, but belted - a Tri-Zero.  Had everything for the Tri-Zero build (Forbot Voron 0 kit, extra motors and belts.) Would have to had ordered two more motors with shafts for the Salad_Fork, as well as new extrusions.  Next time - Maybe 🙂

Power bay done - not much space with the extra two motors down there:

image.thumb.jpeg.8dff2f1a1916650c69e3ba3c40877809.jpeg

Electronics bay not much better. Gonna be a tight fit:

image.thumb.jpeg.06fdf34592a2182a91bb79a86a9c29a4.jpeg

Decided on an octopus board rather than two skr e3 mini's . Also easier to configure I think. Let's print the mounts and then the wiring. Should be easier than my other builds, seeing there is a wiring harness supplied with the kit. 

Wow! That will be a tight squeeze it'll definitely be interesting and no doubt be a thing of beauty in its own right. I was about ask if you'd developed a love of crimping then read you comment about the pre-supplied harness. I really look forward to seeing the results....