Voron Switchwire

Nuno Figueiredo

Hi guys, here is the current status of my build, im waiting for the cable chains to proceed with the eletronic wiring.
The plan is also to use a octopus v1.1 + ebb36 for the toolhead, while crimping i decided to remove most of the cables and can is the way to go.

Self sourced parts, and a fermio enclosure.

IMG-9725.jpeg

IMG-9723.jpeg

Edited by Nuno Figueiredo
pictures
  • Like 3
  • Voron FTW! 1

Just now, smirk said:

Looking good, it'll be interesting to see your CANBUS journey as you say it seems to be the way to go.

me too :), currently my octopus have the 446 chip witch im not entirely sure its supported, to be safer i order a can hat.

another clue i have is the probe, i dont see any reference to the bat85 in the ebb36, a question for the comunity 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice Work! I am eyeing your EBB36 mount to the CW2 while keeping the cable chain. Can you upload the STL or the STEP to that so i can make one for my printer? im gradually working on converting my Artillery SWX1 to a SW and i am 95% there. It prints with a hemera/ EBB42 and now i have built the SB with CW2 and have not seen a EBB36 mount that is not umbilical. 

2 hours ago, ApplePiYT said:

Nice Work! I am eyeing your EBB36 mount to the CW2 while keeping the cable chain. Can you upload the STL or the STEP to that so i can make one for my printer? im gradually working on converting my Artillery SWX1 to a SW and i am 95% there. It prints with a hemera/ EBB42 and now i have built the SB with CW2 and have not seen a EBB36 mount that is not umbilical. 

i have asked the author for autorizations for sharing,  once i have i will gladly share it, not the step thought, i only have the stl.

3 minutes ago, Nuno Figueiredo said:

i have asked the author for autorizations for sharing,  once i have i will gladly share it, not the step thought, i only have the stl.

Perfect! Thank you. Ive been looking online for that exact adapter then found yours. Im in the process of making my own rn but I thought that If someone did the legwork and I didn't have too then why not. Forgot to ask, Is it for the EBB36 V1.0 or the V1.1/1.2? I heard there are dimensional differences between the first model and the rest

3 hours ago, Nuno Figueiredo said:

THANK YOU! I made my own really quickly but i think i like the one you have better. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Nuno Figueiredo said:

the good thing about an octopus is the input/outputs we can have from it 🙂

IMG-9869.png

I’m having issues with my printer.cfg, would u mind sharing yours. I opened a help ticket but got no help. I’m using the octopus pro board, but no canbus. I’m using the Hartk pcb instead.

• 7 months later...