Voron Switchwire 310x310

RopusLongus

Good Day Community,

I have a decision to make for the Stealthburner : either I use a orbiter 2.0 or print abs like Resin for the Galileo extruder (both with ERFC switch)

I own a Elegoo Saturn so it's no problem for me to print all the parts in resin.

But I only have experience with the Orbiter 1.5 and 2.0.

For me the Galileo is the same as the orbiter just build in, is that correct?

Greetings Ropey

P. S : when I know the settings from the resin printer better maybe I can print some stuff for you folks.

• 1 month later...

Currently I am working on the plates and the wiring. That stealtburner with the orbiter and the Mellow Harkt pcb kills me....

I didn't need to make much Stl extra but if you want write me in private I have only done 2 or 3 new ones but don't forget I have a switchwire xl ( 100 mm each direction plus and a bigger heatbed)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice and clean layout but as you see I run my system with 3 Psu and high power drivers.

I though well 100mm extra space would do the trick but it didn't.

Also I had to expand the deep of the electronic area with 40mm to get enough space for the driver with cooling.

I just hope that the 4 6060 Fans will do a good job. But I fear the SW will sound like the HELI Carrier when I start it.

1 hour ago, RopusLongus said:

my system with 3 Psu and high power drivers.

Ahhh, can see the problem now. Maybe integrate the pi with the screen. I done this with my trizero builds. But that would be dependant on the screen you use. 

Interesting dilemma 

• 2 weeks later...

Current Update :

Kinematic ✅

Probe (klicky) ✅

G29 ✅

To do:

Home all sequence

Connect clickey servo and probe dock/undock

Pid

Bottom plate.

Currently for test I gona use pla so I don't need a housing. As soon as the printer is running with clickey and dock undock I will build the housing.

ERFC :

Parts need to be printed.

That's currently all but I will post some update pictures the next days.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RopusLongus said:

Current Update :

Kinematic ✅

Probe (klicky) ✅

G29 ✅

To do:

Home all sequence

Connect clickey servo and probe dock/undock

Pid

Bottom plate.

Quick question.. I turned my Sidewinder into a 310x310 Switchwire but the glass bed is nowhere near flat. What are you using for the bed/build plate?

4 hours ago, atrushing said:

Wow, that is some serious chonk! I guess I could look for a local supplier for some alu plate. Thanks for the ideas.

Well I did start with a anycubic mega 2 and after half a year I ended up with a 4mm Alu plate and 2mm fiber.

That plate will bend also but not much so I will test it next week.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*sight*

After installing a new temp wire I did recognize that one of the 5160 PR on y did break.

Waiting for new one to arrive but my chamber heating solution works OK I can come to 55 degree inner chamber temp with it.

Now it's time to fully seal the housing do some cosmetics and install the disco light.

Now I know why I did get imese vibrations on y with 200mms oly one motor was running.

For now I'm suggesting what did happen but I can't rework it.

I did order 4 5160pro from mellow and keep the 3 left mks for repair.

The only thing I'm wondering is if I should go to silicone dampers on the bed instead of 4 Aluminium rods at the corners of the heatbed..

Suggestions are allowed 😁.