Voron Switchwire 310x310

RopusLongus

First week of Knocking my head of with fusion and the Try to Extrude some Item Profiles and doing Math on where to place what to make the Printer 100mm greater in all dimensions.
Looking where i need to put how much To LEft Right and Up and Down.

Oder List so far for Components :

Frame Check , Holes to Drill ( i need to wait for the Cenvention Machines to get free :P)

Electronics : Mainboard , PSu 24 Volt , Some stuff for Heatbed and Hotend , Cabel missing in PTFE

Mechanic : all stuff together but the Rails got Delivered in MGN9 instead of 12 ( i can Curse like a Sailor in such Cases) , so need to wait till they are Delivered

Things to do : STL in the Right Dimensions ( Front and Rear Grill left and Right , Some Holders for the Fly Mainboard and ather little tings)

I will post if i got something ready with STL and Pictures 😉

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, smirk said:

That's a very nice blue -  what is it?

Ist just a normal ral blue from redline.com

The German name is "Verkehrsblau"

It's a color the use on Signs here in Germany, the other color will be orange. The Afterburner will be in black made out PC (the guy that prints it for me told me it has some glitter magic on it, the filament comes from Canada).

Soooo now comes the twist :
The grill and the rest is printed in Blue now i need a counter Colour.
Im Thinking about 2 more colours : Apple Green and Orange and some black maybe.

the printhead body and the front of the afterburner will be Sparta Sparcle Black indeed.

What Do you Think ?

redline apple green.JPG

redline black.JPG

redline orange.JPG

Tadaaaaa Today is Building Day.

Finally Decided to Build up the Frame . Lots of Drilling Holes and Miling some Screw Holes.

And some mesuring for the Mods i planned so far :

Dual Y Rails on 2040 Extrusions , Electronic build on DIN Rails with Cable Housing.

Pictures will be Upcomming and Updated.

• Like 1
  • Voron FTW! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did someone ask for Pictures and progress? Here we go.

Excuse that the backside isn't finished, after a blob and some Spagetti I did run out of filament and hat to take what was left 🙈🙈🙈🙈.

That the gantry with the 100mm+ mod and if my math and calculations are right I might be able to use a sexbolt for Z.

IMG_20221230_055830.jpg

IMG_20221230_055839.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally the puzzle mystery is solved. 100mm more space doesn't seem to be enough for the plans.

I needed to raise the Switchwire about 40mm in the hardware. Section to fit all I did pack in and I'm glad that I don't need a Pi cause I use rrf.

Next step is to wire and fire up the test runs.

IMG_20230131_213426.jpg

17 hours ago, RopusLongus said:

Finally the puzzle mystery is solved. 100mm more space doesn't seem to be enough for the plans.

I needed to raise the Switchwire about 40mm in the hardware. Section to fit all I did pack in and I'm glad that I don't need a Pi cause I use rrf.

Next step is to wire and fire up the test runs.

IMG_20230131_213426.jpg

Oh my God! It's full of Wagos! And power supplies!

That's a whole lot of Wagos under there. I'm guessing those additional boards are to drive the 48V motors.

3 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Oh my God! It's full of Wagos! And power supplies!

That's a whole lot of Wagos under there. I'm guessing those additional boards are to drive the 48V motors.

Aye the 4 boaeds are 5160 pro from mks. All 4 are 9° motors with 2A and 49 Tourqe. The wagos are for fan power and 9 of them are reserved for dual pressure advance sensors for bed and hotend so I can use my dual rrf script for it.

Can be that I will kick off some wagos but I need 3 for the power inlet and 9 for the accelerators

I was to lasy to spend money on Phoenix 6 way 😂😂😂.