Marathon build of my future V0

Toftwin

Hello everyone,

I will try to share with you this big adventure of my first Voron build and self-sourcing in the same time.

I had watched a lot of videos about this printer.

My favorite (for the moment) are :

Greg's Maker Corner Voron 0.1 Playlist

ModBot : Why I Am Building A Voron 3d Printer (And Why You May Want To)

247 Printing : VORON0.1 Kits COMPAIRED: PARTS and BUILD Experience (PART 1)

To find LDO resellers, I just take  a look here and I had placed my first orders at Caribou3d in Germany and Lecktor in Estonia.
My surprise is that European resellers are cheaper than Aliexpress for the frame for example. And with those LDO products (frame + all stepper motors), I hope I'm starting with a strong base. In return, you have to pay shipping.

Other surprise, for the main board, I have choosen a BBT SKR Pico board and its price on Big Tree Tech web site is 30% less (shipping included) than in Aliexpress.

To be continued ... 😉

Edited by Toftwin
  • Like 2
  • Voron FTW! 1

6 hours ago, Toftwin said:

I will try to share with you this big adventure of my first Voron build and self-sourcing in the same time.

Welcome - looking forward to following your journey, The build is so much more satisfying by self-sourcing the parts.

6 hours ago, Toftwin said:

Other surprise, for the main board, I have choosen a BBT SKR Pico board 

Have to have a look at this board as @smirk is using this in his build as well. Now I have an excuse to build another Voron 0 🙂

• 3 weeks later...