Chris' 250 Trident Journey

claudermilk

Rebuilt Tap with the latest r8 parts. They have some nice updates to make it better, so now my toolhead is pretty much all up-to-date. These are also much better quality prints than what I had on there (printer was somewhat jury-rigged to get parts printed before).

PXL_20230519_172137303.jpg.c6fbfecfcbebc66176285a5cbe8420f3.jpg PXL_20230519_172158889.jpg.184c737d4aafb8d817c25487ddb7fd35.jpg

Yes, I know the button head screws are on the wrong side--I fixed that right after taking the pic.

PXL_20230520_063250297.jpg.5df8fd8c9cbf9940c27ee812a44126a6.jpg

I went back and OCD'ed the belt clamps after the pic--they are now nice and even.

The belt clamps are better done now. I like that there are the two M3x50 screws vertically through the carriage part for added stability (you can see the heads at the bottom of the part).

I re-did my input shaper. Not sure that it's improved, but it is what it is.

resonances_x_20230520_071747.png.4394e81e80fef90524b7f2feede8558c.png resonances_y_20230520_072004.png.39f3199c1de6c4d8a5bf1f203ff86d65.png

The worst I've ever seen X here. That said, max accels are 8000/12000 which is the highest I've seen.

I'm also happy with belt tension balance. Being very mindful of how you adjust the four screws on the pin mod parts pays dividends. Can't really ask for better than this:

resonances_belts_20230520_073053.png.8889c9226cf5072ced5ebbbe5a440bb9.png

The printer is now running the probe_accuracy cycles to break in again. Probably not necessary, but it doesn't hurt.

PXL_20230520_063220774.jpg

PXL_20230520_063541152.jpg

• Like 5

Printing well now; the accuracy runs showed around the spec 0.0004 so it's good. I blew through about 0.75kg of PLA the last two days. Back to click print and walk away and come back to excellent quality parts.

I'm going to print up @Buurman's UM2 mod for CW2 because I'm tired of the PTFE tube pushing out all the time. I'm also looking at the elpopo removable door hinges; I like the 270 ones I have, but it would be nice for easier removal swapping between ABS and open air filaments. Gotta have some mods lined up to do, and I'm not going to do ERCF for a while yet. No, I still don't want to even think about touching CAN with a 31.5' pole.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

It's been a while, time to make changes and break things.

I grabbed the Galileo2 kit from Christmas money, but have been sitting on it for a bit. The printer had an incident with a print job warping up off the bed. The ends of the parts caught the front of the SB and tried to rip it off. Fortunately just the bottom mounts broke along layer lines. It looked ugly but still ran. Fortunately I have several spares, so that is replaced--with a short detour to re-solder broken part fan wiring.

After that the Clockwork2 was acting up, making unhappy noises so I tore it down and rebuilt it. I didn't see anything amiss, but it was happy again after that. However, why have a good, working printer when I have parts to mess it up?

So, I built the Galileo2 and installed it. All seemed well until I tried running the extruder. Then I get this:

TMC 'extruder' reports error: DRV_STATUS: 001300e0 s2vsb=1(ShortToSupply_B!) ola=1(OpenLoad_A!) olb=1(OpenLoad_B!) cs_actual=19

I am guessing it's incorrect wiring order on the motor. I did have  to shorten and re-pin the plug and swap to the smaller connector for the hartk PCB, but I made very sure to retain the color order. It seems like the default on the motor isn't right.

7 hours ago, claudermilk said:

I’m guessing it's incorrect wiring order on the motor

Your guessing correctly. From memory I think you need to swap the two middle pins. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Up to this point I've been able to get all the motors wired correctly. I recall seeing others with issues and needing wire swaps, but not exactly what the error or which wires. I didn't want the start swapping randomly & by the time I hit the error my brain was tired.

BTW, the cable chain mount puts it a little bit further away from the tool head PCB than the Clockwork 2 does. I barely have reach with my wire harness; gonna have to loosen things and shift it a bit to more comfortably reach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, claudermilk said:

BTW, the cable chain mount puts it a little bit further away from the tool head PCB than the Clockwork 2 does

Another reason to canbus. 🤣😂. You know I won't stop pestering you.

Lalalalala! I'm not listening!  ...ooo? Nitehawk? 🤔

So with the 0.6 nozzle the G2 is just off and running. I swapped back to the 0.25 nozzle and it appears I'll have to redo the PA & EM calibrations--the top surfaces were messy. That should be easy.