Voron Kit Recommended "Suppliers"

Demosth

I had very little trouble, considering it was my first total build. I'm just having a tough time getting used to Klipper. I never used it before. I hit a bump in the road with my XY endstops and getting my z motors going in the proper direction, but this community straightened me right out. I've printed nothing but ASA on it and the quality is really impressive, compared to my other printers. I got exactly the same kit and hotend as Keppdogg for my 2.4. Mine didn't have the logo on the PEI sheet, though. 😉 

Voron Complete.jpg

• Like 2
  • Voron FTW! 2

15 hours ago, Snympi said:

Your issue with Klipper seems to be related to gcode or macros you are using that get confused with absolute and relative coordinates (G90 & G91). Make sure you set the printer in the correct mode before movement commands are issued.

I actually fixed my problem. It seems to have been my XY belt tensions. I loosened them and then found a frequency analyzer app. I tightened them to 110hz according to the voron documentation. 

Another big fix was adding the bed mesh probe operation in Mainsail. I now have a specific mesh for PLA. I will create other meshes for ASA and PETG. But the software now adjusts the print head height  during its printing operations. My first layers seem to stick a lot better with the mesh taken into account. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I got the FYSETC kit and it was a snap to put together. I did replace the extruder motor with an LDO motor, but the kit motor worked fine.  I got the printed parts from makerPanda and is was nice but not the same quality as the parts I got from PIF.

Did I mention the FYSETC 2.4 shipped from the US?

Edited by larryb
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, larryb said:

I got the FYSETC kit and it was a snap to put together. I did replace the extruder motor with an LDO motor, but the kit motor worked fine.  I got the printed parts from makerPanda and is was nice but not the same quality as the parts I got from PIF.

Did I mention the FYSETC 2.4 shipped from the US?

Hi @larryb, welcome to teamFDM and thanks for sharing your experience. Could you add your order date and delivery date as well as the link to the exact vendor you used? Thanks.

I ordered on 1/13 received 1 box 1/19 and the other 1/20 but it didn't matter because the pandaMaker printed parts took forever, Chinese new years plus. The PIF parts I ordered showed up about 1 week after I finished the build.

Edited by larryb

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to recommend Hobby-Store.pl as a supplier of LDO motors, kits, and their frames.

Have look to their offer:

Frame kits: https://hobby-store.pl/en/aluminium-profiles/frame-kits

Rail kits: https://hobby-store.pl/en/linear-rails/linear-rails-kit-for-voron-24-350x350-mm.html

Other stuff for "Voron": https://hobby-store.pl/produkty?kompatybilne-drukarki=voron-0,voron-0-1,voron-1-8,voron-2-1,voron-2-2,voron-2-4,voron-switchwire,2875-voron-trident

Hobby-Store is a manufacturer of Altrax aluminium profiles https://hobby-store.pl/en/blog/news/altrax-frames-with-an-blind-joint-assembly-system.

Regards,

Greg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would highly recommend Formbot directly. I have built 2 v2.4 r1 350 and 1 2.4 r2. All three kits have been spot on and communications with Ada and Nicy are quick to notify of any delays like with Chinese new year. I have been able to add to my order and get extra parts added for other machine I have.

I am in New Zealand and I am about to order another r2 350 and look forward to dealing with them. They give me expedited shipping via DHL and expect to be getting at least 1 or 2 machine each month now going forward.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Like some others I would recommend the "FORMBOT 3D". Both my Voron 0.1 kits have been from them and I cannot fault the quality. It's often the small things (attention to detail) that impress. For me, it was power leads. There's nothing on their webpage to say which style of power lead that you wish (UK, EU, US, etc) but they actually bothered to check the delivery address and included a country-appropriate power lead, in my case UK rather than default to some shonky US/EU top-prong job. A lot of the parts seem to have also been sourced from TriangleLabs and I always recommend them as a source of kit. The linear rails, whilst some generic no-brand offering, are actually very good. In my experience, in the past, every no-brand rail I've ever come across are appalling, to the point of being unusable, with carriages that constantly bind or flop around. The ones in the Formbot kit are actually pretty decent, but to be fair the ones "recommended" on the VoronDesign sourcing guides are also decent.....I may have to revise my generally dim view of "no-brand"/generic rails 😃

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am surprised about the only few mentions of the LDO kits. LDO works with vendors worldwide and don't sell over aliexpress.. here is the official list. 

https://docs.ldomotors.com/voron/LDO_Voron_Distributors

Most of the time, vendors will have Stock or be on pre-order, with a given ETA. If you buy over a vendor near you, it will be at your door quicker (only 1-3 days). This means that the transport price from China is already included in the price (as seen now, most of the time you have to add some $100 to an Aliexpress order) , and even if you have to pay for the local transport, it's not that bad usually. Furthermore, the vendor takes over the guarantee and you have someone to speak with near you... Many times, you can also order the printed parts there, upgrade kits, as well as spare parts. 

Disclosure here... I am one of the resellers (in Japan) - Sugoi3d.jp - but this is my honest opinion.

About the kits. ... yes. LDO kits are usually a little bit more expensive as others (MRSP is given by LDO) but it is worth it if you are not on your last dime. We have very few complaints from our customers and if something happens, we can solve it within days. 

I have built a 2.4r2 and a V0.1 from LDO and it was a good experience for me too. (And a Trident is on the start line) 

The quality of the parts is good. Starting with the extrusions ... strait. drilled and tapped. nice colors and the color is applied after the cut. The motors are good per se (LDO Motors..:)  ) Linear rails, no big problems. The hardware kit is very generous with a lot of spare. the panels are precisely cut and from the right material (the panel under the bed will not deform). The beds are machined aluminium aka. ..strait and usually thicker as the Voron standard (the 2.4r2 is 1cm thick and not 0,8cm as in the Voron BOM) The bed comes fully assembled. The cables are precut and crimped... Electronics ... normally BKR.. works well. 

But all of the above should be standard in a good kit anyways... And here is how LDO is going further.

First... LDO works with the Voron Design Team, sponsoring some of the development with parts and probably more... This means, LDO is the first one to get a peak on futures developments and usually the first one to offer upgrade kits. 

Second. LDO kits are packed with upgrades and mods, the kits are not only a BOM packed together... For example, the v2.4r2 was already delivered with a breakup board, parts for the SB, a Nevermore Filter, LEDs and some other stuff in the spring past year. The latest V0.. now the V0.1 S1 kit that will become a V0.2 Kit is… wow.. could be named V0.3 as well. is a mod paradise. Just to name some..  Picobilicol Kit (breakout board), V0 Display, 100W PI Heater, 200 W PSU, Hiwin (real one) X carriage rail, SKR Pico MSU, Kirigami Bed, REVO Hotends (!)…

Third. LDO has his own guides for wiring, for the mods and others.  Especially the wiring on a LDO Printer looks a lot cleaner as on other Voron kits. It also designs some STL s that suits better (SB Door for example)

On a sidenote… The people of LDO are really nice to work with … and Jason is somehow omnipresent in the world (expos) as well as on the internet… The Voron discord LDO channel is very helpful too..

Last point… Nero3d says that LDO makes the kits that he can speak the most positively of.. (Voron does not endorse vendors officially)

… ok .. that was a long one… I hope it is helpful 😊

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, Demosth said:

This post will be continually updated with the latest and great known information regarding available Voron "Kits". As, clearly defined in any communications, The Official Voron Design does not recommend or prefer any of these vendors. The list here is only identified as those vendors who have been identified as successful builds and full kits that are available.

Purchase kits at your own risk, knowing that parts can change, often times for the worse, and as is true with my Chinese parts, Meanwell PSU labelled as such, does not mean it's a legitimate Meanwell PSU, same thing with other popular components (like Gates belts) and fasteners.

While these are not in any specific quality order, they are in order of popularity and availability.
Note: for best results order from AliExpress from user who have the MOST sales - likely they are the best sourced Kits with the fewest flaws.

Additionally, and perhaps most importantly for this thread - Yes, sourcing your own parts will increase your build quality, and verify proper function and fitment. This thread is NOT a discussion on pro's and cons of sourcing parts vs buying kits 😃Let' try our best to stay on topic!

Voron 0.1

Voron 1.8

Voron Trident (Formally v1.8)

Voron 2.4

Voron SwitchWire

Voron Legacy

If you have any direct experience or would like to suggest another kit for this list please respond in the thread and the thread will be updated!

https://magicstudio.xyz/product/voron-v1-8-test-kit/  (new name is Magicphoenix.xyz)

Please update the Voron 2.4 category to include them 

I've purchased 6x 2.4r2 kits and am very impressed with the quality, their communication, and professionalism - Small business, owner is active in running the business and customer service 

Their 2.4r2 CBT kit is an upgrade to 2.4 standard that includes Manta M8p + CB1 board, canbus/Tap/SB2 (printed parts not included in the base kit, but can be purchased as well)

Edited by NOG

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 4:49 PM, NOG said:

https://magicstudio.xyz/product/voron-v1-8-test-kit/  (new name is Magicphoenix.xyz)

But there are now kits at that link, nor on their site. At the moment.

Their shipping and customer service could do with a massive upgrade. I am unimpressed with them. I have wanted to try on of their kits a while back, but the experience was not pleasant. Same with Siboor. Plus, surprise surprise, they don't have any kits on their site. Except the upgrade kits.

I say leave the list as is, keeping MPX and Siboor names out of our collective mouths.

Perception, and all, being what it is, that's a strange first post.

Edited by 5twenty