Voron Kit Recommended "Suppliers"

Demosth

This post will be continually updated with the latest and great known information regarding available Voron "Kits". As, clearly defined in any communications, The Official Voron Design does not recommend or prefer any of these vendors. The list here is only identified as those vendors who have been identified as successful builds and full kits that are available.

Purchase kits at your own risk, knowing that parts can change, often times for the worse, and as is true with my Chinese parts, Meanwell PSU labelled as such, does not mean it's a legitimate Meanwell PSU, same thing with other popular components (like Gates belts) and fasteners.

While these are not in any specific quality order, they are in order of popularity and availability.
Note: for best results order from AliExpress from user who have the MOST sales - likely they are the best sourced Kits with the fewest flaws.

Additionally, and perhaps most importantly for this thread - Yes, sourcing your own parts will increase your build quality, and verify proper function and fitment. This thread is NOT a discussion on pro's and cons of sourcing parts vs buying kits 😃Let' try our best to stay on topic!

Voron 0.1

Voron 1.8

Voron Trident (Formally v1.8)

Voron 2.4

Voron SwitchWire

Voron Legacy

If you have any direct experience or would like to suggest another kit for this list please respond in the thread and the thread will be updated!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello, i'm David. I'm French. For my first Voron, i ordered the 2.4 kit from Fysetc. The vendoris is quiet serious. Concerning the material quality, it is quiet good but steppers are some poor quality noname. The bed thermal fuse is allready installed on, and Y/Z endstops are on a PCB. All wires are allready crimped. And last, the UART mode for the Pi4 on Spider mcu doesn't work as well. For end this comment, i would thanks all Voron users on Discord who help me for my first build.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I agree @joshman1204. I also selected Blurolls after researching the other vendors and found their kit complete, with good components and very well packaged for shipping (no damage at all). I recently also ordered their ERCF kit and the quality was also good. They got two small components wrong but overall I can certainly recommend them.

8 hours ago, Snympi said:

I agree @joshman1204. I also selected Blurolls after researching the other vendors and found their kit complete, with good components and very well packaged for shipping (no damage at all). I recently also ordered their ERCF kit and the quality was also good. They got two small components wrong but overall I can certainly recommend them.

I almost ordered one from Blurolls... but then noticed that Formbot now has their own website (no long vai Alliexpress, and accepts paypal so should be safe), and its parts list has been updated with improved parts from most of the videos I can find on their kits (stainless steel hardware, better motors (maybe 🙂 ), pre-made wires, better chains, etc... so thought to give them a try.  I have already ordered a few other items I know I will need/want to be replaced (bottom and back Aluminum panel rather than using the crappy corrugated plastic one that many kits ship with).  I may also order a custom wire harness kit... but will wait to see what the pre-crimped kits is like from Formbot.
I'm not really worried about other potential issues as I have been building electronics and a "maker" for awhile, so have a rather large collection of parts/hardware so should be able to make it work even if something is missing/lost/breaks 😄 
I'll try to remember to post back here with my experience once I get it and start the build.

• Thanks 2

Just completed a Voron 2.4r2 350mm with the Formbot kit. The kit was absolutely flawless, down to an aluminum bed which was so flat that it air-sealed to my granite metrology block (no idea how it survived shipping without getting tweaked, but I am not complaining). Super impressed. Plenty of extra nuts, bolts, inserts, etc. too. Shipping from China was about 2 weeks, despite some terrible weather and some port closures.

In short, I'd buy this kit again in a heartbeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi, Could you guy add how long it takes for all these brave and ethically flawless vendors (ah-hum) to actually put your box in the mail after you pay for their "In stock" kits. I'm so fed up of all the misleading, lying cheating listings faking pictures, specs, brands and the rest of the Aligarbage culture... I would gladly pay 250$ extra to have the assurance that my purchase will get to me when I expect it and without all the Chinese sleaze

FORMBOT are liars like all the rest of the Ali crowd, they list in stock items they don't have and when you ask about shipping time (which I paid ALOT for), they respond "Your package is being passed on today" It's NOT... No progress, no explanation. All that's true is they now have my money and my time is running out.

HERE YE HERE YE ALIEXPRESS vendors: Stop lying and cheating, just show what you have to sell and we will buy it. Be honest about delays. Communicate with your customers.

Anyone in the US or Canada have kits IN STOCK for sale? I have limited vacation time and would have loved to build this project before it's too late.

EDIT: OK that was too harsh about Formbot3D. They don't conduct business with much rigor but they are OK. I did learn something here and here is my advice for Ali-shopping: Don't hesitate to contact the sellers before purchasing to ask about actual shipping delays or other questions. The quality of the communication you receive will help set realistic expectations for your purchase experience. On this note, Willam from Fystec on Aliexpress was forthcoming and helpful and I regret not purchasing from him. This is where I will buy my next kit.

Edited by Simon2.4

This is not the experience I have had with AliExpress at all. My blurolls kit was shipped within a week and arrived at more door within a few weeks. I have ordered several more items from blurolls and also from several other vendors with no problems. Most items ship within 7-10 days and arrive at my house in 20-30days. 

The tracking on the AliExpress site and also on the app is terrible and is almost always wrong not sure why.

I just double checked my orders. I placed the order for my blurolls kit on July 23rd and recieved it on August 5th. I order some build plates from fystec on Sept 28th and recieved them on oct 14th. 

Edited by joshman1204
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind normal delays. My problem is mostly with claims of "in stock" then, like you said, it takes 7-10 days to ship. All they need to do is state "Ships in 10 days" and stick to it. That would require business ethics... LOL  I paid 160$ for DHL shipping, which should take 3-4 days to get to me; add 24 hours to that if they are slow to put the stuff in the box. I find it enraging because shipping delay was one of my main criteria while trying to choose a supplier and they literally 'GOT' me with fake stock displayed. How can it take more than a day if they have 100+ in stock... Ha! Sucker!!!

BTW its not all Chineseum vendors that are Sleaze bags: Robotdig conducts exemplary business. Sadly, they don't sell full voron kits; just the frame kit. It's a great place to get parts to modify your printer.

OK, looks like I'm going to be lucky after all. My item is  in UPS's hands as of the last hour and scheduled to arrive on the 19th.

Sooooo. I ordered from Formbot on Jan 9th and they shipped on Jan 13th, which is very good. I still think they need to tune the purchase experience and be more upfront with delays. Feeling left hanging sucks, feeling left hanging with 1000$ sucks alot. This said, lets see what the kit looks like. I'll be logging in the "Build Diaries" section

Edited by Simon2.4
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Simon2.4 said:

OK, looks like I'm going to be lucky after all. My item is  in UPS's hands as of the last hour and scheduled to arrive on the 19th.

Sooooo. I ordered from Formbot on Jan 9th and they shipped on Jan 13th, which is very good. I still think they need to tune the purchase experience and be more upfront with delays. Feeling left hanging sucks, feeling left hanging with 1000$ sucks alot. This said, lets see what the kit looks like. I'll be logging in the "Build Diaries" section

4 days to ship a large box as the Voron 2, why all the griping?  I ordered about the same time, and it took 7 days. I had a few questions about my order, one was about shipping and they responded immediately (well, the next morning I would wake up to an email, but I'm in Canada, so my day is their night, so its expected). They responded that it can take up to 7 days to ship out and it did ship exactly at 7 🙂

So far I'm impressed with Formbot, from my research they keep improving the kits, and I hope its as nice as @ArmyOfEvilRobots says his was.  I ordered a super flat aluminum plate from another vendor just in case, but sounds like I didn't need to... we will see soon! 🙂

As for being out 1000$, I assume you used PayPal or a secure credit card that will refund your money should a vendor not ship out/deliver.  I have rarely had to use that as Aliexpress is great about refunds.  Formbot I used PayPal which is also very good about refunds. So no worries for me.

Just my 2c

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcusone1 said:

4 days to ship a large box as the Voron 2, why all the griping?

Yah.. some of that has to do with me, not them  😅 Ali is a love-hate thing for me: they have all the stuff I want but too many of their seller have such poor standards that it feels like a gamble every time. Here's an example: I buy keycaps listed as "Cherry MX" for a custom keyboard project. After waiting 2 months, the keys don't fit MX switches and returning the stuff is more expensive than buying new caps. Meanwhile the project is sitting because of a misleading listing. its the inconvenience and the repeated disappointments.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Simon2.4 said:

Yah.. some of that has to do with me, not them  😅 Ali is a love-hate thing for me: they have all the stuff I want but too many of their seller have such poor standards that it feels like a gamble every time. Here's an example: I buy keycaps listed as "Cherry MX" for a custom keyboard project. After waiting 2 months, the keys don't fit MX switches and returning the stuff is more expensive than buying new caps. Meanwhile the project is sitting because of a misleading listing. its the inconvenience and the repeated disappointments.

I agree, love hate Ali... i've learned to expect 30-90days 🙂 if i need faster, I just pay digikey and get it 1-2 days max.  Like my Cherry MX switches from DigiKey are great 🙂

• Like 2

Hello I ordered from formbot3d.com and wanted to let people know that the kit has gotten pretty good. V0.1 live in Massachusetts. The time taken was actually due to fedex running circles lol literally. circled in Cali, then Indiana, then Ohio and then to my state where it left last night from my state twice and then got it today. So here my full order to receive time.

Ordered on: Friday, December 31, 2021

Received: Monday, January 17, 2022

Even my messages were answered within a day. Also I just have one question why do they offer the v6 option for a v0.1? I mean that’s what I got cuz I have a mosquito to throw in it already but if I’m not wrong they don’t fit the v0.1, weird.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. First post on this site. I am currently building a 2.4 kit in the 350mm size. I ordered from Digital Machinery. They were quick to respond to my questions and I received shipment within 5 days of them receiving my payment. I also ordered the 'essential' printed parts off of a user on Etsy. I received those within two weeks of ordering. I should have purchased all the printed parts as some parts were not provided (Skirts, power switch/ plug ports, Case Fan box, and some misc items.) 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 3:15 PM, concentric_killa said:

Hello everyone. First post on this site. I am currently building a 2.4 kit in the 350mm size. I ordered from Digital Machinery. They were quick to respond to my questions and I received shipment within 5 days of them receiving my payment. I also ordered the 'essential' printed parts off of a user on Etsy. I received those within two weeks of ordering. I should have purchased all the printed parts as some parts were not provided (Skirts, power switch/ plug ports, Case Fan box, and some misc items.) 

That's awesome! I wanted to go with DigiMach but they were sold out at the time. Reach out if you need any help/guidance. Good luck, and have fun!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a Formbot kit for the Voron 2.4 300mm. It took forever to get to me, but that had to do with backups at the ports. I finally received it, and it was packaged very well. All the name brand parts described on their site, were in the box. I even upgraded to a Dragon Hotend, which they shipped separately, so I actually received 2 hotends. There was a standard one with the kit. I'm not completely finished, but any problems I've encountered were either with my green-ness or possible Klipper issues. The Formbot kit is ok. I might upgrade a few things, but you get what you pay for. It was priced reasonably for what I got, so no complaints.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 6:14 AM, Killajoedotcom said:

That's awesome! I wanted to go with DigiMach but they were sold out at the time. Reach out if you need any help/guidance. Good luck, and have fun!

I spent about 40 hrs building and troubleshooting my build, but I have managed to get some decent PLA prints out of it. I still need to print many parts (skirts, panel clips) I will then start printing some ASA. I had some initital issues, but I managed to figure them out.

The build has been up and down hill. Just when I think the thing is running smoothly, another issue pops up. Oh the joys of printing. 

I have an issue now where Klipper forgets the location of the print head and starts printing in a different area of the bed (mid print). It might be mechanical but it might also be software related? 

• Like 1

https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/vivedino-voron24-corexy-3d-printer  

I got both a 0.1 and just received a 2.4 kit,  very happy with it 2.4 had Voron logo on the build plate, all moons motors, and looks like all the parts, $944 with a dragon hotend (shipped separately) but they included a v6 hotend, and a raspberry Pi (3B, but because of availability and it will work fine) Octopus 1.1 mcu 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 5:54 PM, concentric_killa said:

I spent about 40 hrs building and troubleshooting my build, but I have managed to get some decent PLA prints out of it. I still need to print many parts (skirts, panel clips) I will then start printing some ASA. I had some initital issues, but I managed to figure them out.

The build has been up and down hill. Just when I think the thing is running smoothly, another issue pops up. Oh the joys of printing. 

I have an issue now where Klipper forgets the location of the print head and starts printing in a different area of the bed (mid print). It might be mechanical but it might also be software related? 

Your issue with Klipper seems to be related to gcode or macros you are using that get confused with absolute and relative coordinates (G90 & G91). Make sure you set the printer in the correct mode before movement commands are issued.

• Like 1