Jump to content

LDO V0.1 Build


Killajoedotcom

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

So many updates. I've been away from home for a while but was able to finish  the build before my departure. Things are running well now. Initially I had some binding at the front of the Y axis, but I figured out that was due to the front of the frame bowing outwards. A small tweak to the frame solved this issue for me. Now I'm running into a bit of clogging on the Dragon, but I haven't had the time to fully sort that out. Updates later. Until then, enjoy the rest of the build pics. 

Also, I'm terrible at updating this post. Trying to do better, but until then, if you want more recent updates/progress shots you can follow me over on IG or Twitter @killa_prints

 

20211011_144925.jpg

20211011_181506.jpg

20211012_180857.jpg

20211013_042655.jpg

20211013_042715.jpg

20211013_043433.jpg

20211013_044918.jpg

20211013_050929.jpg

20211013_061834.jpg

20211014_071358.jpg

20211014_071855.jpg

20211014_165612.jpg

20211014_172600.jpg

20211014_172628.jpg

20211015_052408.jpg

20211015_144309.jpg

20211015_160247.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One main issue I ran into during the build is with the CNC parts I chose to use vs the ABS printed ones. My XY joiners weren't drilled for the screws that attach it to the 1515 extrusion. So... Ordered the right tap to make my own. Not a huge deal, but an inconvenience and added a couple of days to the build time. All in all, I think I had about 12 hours into the build to get it mechanically functional. Building/Installing Klipper, tuning the ADXL, and messing w/ PA added another 3 hours or so. Just in case anyone wanted to anticipate how much time it takes.

I certainly took my time during the build, and I suggest anyone do the same. Added Blue Loctite to every fastener, not only the ones specified in the manual. I also took time to prep myself for future upgrades by adding in M3 nuts for things like LEDs and a bracket for the ADXL. 

Another small thing I needed to tweak due to the metal parts was the trigger for the Y endstop. A simple M3 nut and screw solved the issue.

Incredibly fun build!

20211028_121255.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...