Resurrection V0 - Stubborn Sausage Fingers Chronicle

smirk

Now that is looking Good !

6 hours ago, smirk said:

myself by getting a lattice gantry,

Aluminium or carbon fibre? Maybe something to consider myself, as a mod, someday.😂

I got an LDO orrbiter 2 so perhaps not as light as a sherpa. The aim wasn't really lightness more I just fancied trying a "professionally" made extruder rather than my printed mini-ab, see if that improves things a bit further. I also like a tensioner arm that screws shut rather than relying on "friction" against a screw as in the mini-ab.

• Like 1

As I was about to post about my "wow, got the hotend partially assembled" message, I received a random call from "Moons". Clearly only dang fools order from them direct, as they were wondering if the two stepper motors I'd bought were in "production". You can imagine the confusion on both ends of the phone with me going "Erm, well if you mean mounted in my V0, then kinda...." before they realised I wasn't an industrial concern.

Anyway, "wow!" I've partially assembled my hotend with Orbiter 2 and EBB36.....

v0-hotend-start.thumb.jpeg.38febf9ec9fb87d1cdab1e37fe74c2bf.jpeg

I think cable routing/management will be interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smirk said:

think cable routing/management will be interesting.

With the umbilical and canbus will be so much better than the standard. You will only be running 4 wires to the elctronics. The rest terminate in the EBB36. It's a good thing you like crimping

• Haha 1