Contest, who is doing the first TAP diary on FDM?

Buurman

I expected it already to be honest, and felt like it could have been me, but... still dont have all the parts, sooo....
I think the unklicky variant looks pretty ok too, no optic sensor/pcb needed, maybe be a big plus?

Oops, sorry for placing this in the Diaries part itself, that was not my idea, can move it if needed...

35 minutes ago, Buurman said:

sorry for placing this in the Diaries part itself,

I moved it to General Discussion, hope you don't mind

Won't be me to be first, though I now have all the parts - planned for the New Year. Want to finish the current build first, then have a bit of a rest. Don't think it will be long before we see one

• Like 1

I have the rail, but the rest of the parts are on order. I'm going to roll Tap in with some other mods as well. Since a couple of parts are coming from Ali and others (the 24V PCB optical sensor) are on pre order, it won't be until January until I have everything. I didn't want to take the printer down before the holiday anyway, still have printing to do. So, short story long: it likely won't be me.

Hmmmm....I think we need some dramatic and suspenseful chase scene music. Perhaps with a montage of the front runners ( @claudermilk, @Buurman and @mvdveer) waiting for deliveries and stalking on-line retailers.

Thank god, you're all in seperate corners of the globe, the potential for some unsportsman-like conduct is enormous.....

We're not perhaps at the "Gentlemen, start your engines" phase....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, smirk said:

Hmmmm....I think we need some dramatic and suspenseful chase scene music. Perhaps with a montage of the front runners ( @claudermilk, @Buurman and @mvdveer) waiting for deliveries and stalking on-line retailers.

Thank god, you're all in seperate corners of the globe, the potential for some unsportsman-like conduct is enormous.....

We're not perhaps at the "Gentlemen, start your engines" phase....

I am going for the UNTAP!

Maybe it wont work at all and have to do it again when I get the kit, but at least I have some experience 😉 

1 minute ago, Buurman said:

I am going for the UNTAP!

Now what was I saying about unsportsman-like conduct?! Not a pure TAP. 🤣

I'm off to the build section and registering "THE FORUM'S FIRST TAP BUILD - OFFICIAL!" diary, god knows what I'll put in it. Perhaps some pictures of the dog (he ate my homework)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe some teaser? some out of focus photos...

Like I said, TAP with UNKlicky, think I am going to like this one...

It takes sanding and filing to make it work, since mechanical movement is key in this thing...

Had to unscrew the touching screws a bit to have them lower and come closer to the magnet grip, so they pull harder agains the cariage and make better contact.

Tested it 30 times or so with a multimeter, seems pretty solid! not even too much resistance, just 1 ohm.

Dont know why the photos keep being upside down, I turned them, and still...

20221213_100556025_iOS.jpg

20221213_102928980_iOS.jpg

20221213_102931915_iOS.jpg

All in all, feels very solid, so thats good news!

Who ever @claudermilkmay know .. made this new base plate, he/she is my hero!!!

20221213_113740126_iOS.thumb.jpg.c8ba7333c4748e6ea6cbb645892d3083.jpg

This is compared to the old way, a HUGE improvement, you can just put your belts in, tighten them a bit and they are locked, screw the plate on, and adjust front idlers to put tension on them.. putting in the XY belts and tightening them took me no more than 15 minutes.

Thats a big improvement, but also because of the front idlers I used, much easier.

20221213_114937519_iOS.thumb.jpg.f63888525ac74cbc461d99e05fd18a8d.jpg

Tap TAP TAP!!

I think it was badnoob who designed the printed parts. He's a design god IMHO. Steve mentioned how good the new belt routing is on his stream building Tap.

I'm definitely not in the running. I'm ordering the 24V V2 PCB version, so my parts aren't even shipping for at least a couple more weeks. I also have some stuff coming from Ali, so January is when I expect to see parts from that.

Not sure if we DQ @Buurman for showing up with a rolling chassis and pushing it across the line while the rest of us are waiting on the engine shop to deliver parts. 🤔🤪

34 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

Not sure if we DQ @Buurman for showing up with a rolling chassis and pushing it across the line while the rest of us are waiting on the engine shop to deliver parts. 🤔🤪

I think at the very least he should get an honourable mention 😉