Octoprint connect printer problem

Priscus

Question

Hi, trying to get my Voron 2.4R2 to connect to klipper.

I have a Raspberry pi 4 model B and an Octopus V1.1 controller board.

Getting the following message:

Your printer's firmware reported an error. Due to that OctoPrint will disconnect. Reported error: Unable to parse option 'gantry_corners' in section 'quad_gantry_level'

I have a 350 x 350 printer and uncommented the 350mm build in the quad_gantry_level of the printer.cfg file.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it keeps giving me that error even after a restart of the system.

Thank you ,

printer.cfg

Edited by Priscus

10 answers to this question

The only thing thats harder to setup is the part exclusion thing, but I made a post here somewhere,, it does work, and it works great on Mainsail.

You need to run a post proces thing in superslicer, and need to place an executable file in superslicer somewhere, but ones you did, its great.

Edited by Buurman

On 10/23/2022 at 12:19 PM, Buurman said:

The only thing thats harder to setup is the part exclusion thing, but I made a post here somewhere,, it does work, and it works great on Mainsail.

You need to run a post proces thing in superslicer, and need to place an executable file in superslicer somewhere, but ones you did, its great.

Actually the function call in Superslicer post processing is no longer needed. I get an error when it's in. IIRC you simply need to check the Label Objects option in Print Settings/Output Options. Then set up the Klipper side per the instructions. It works on both Mainsail and Fluidd.

With object exclusion & the timelapse functions now available, I have nothing I'm missing from OctoPrint now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, claudermilk said:

Actually the function call in Superslicer post processing is no longer needed. I get an error when it's in. IIRC you simply need to check the Label Objects option in Print Settings/Output Options. Then set up the Klipper side per the instructions. It works on both Mainsail and Fluidd.

With object exclusion & the timelapse functions now available, I have nothing I'm missing from OctoPrint now.

Wasn't aware of this - thank you. As I am running OSX, I had difficulty with the post processing script and gave up on it. Got slammed in the discord channel when asked about it and just let it go. Will now look into this again.

15 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Wasn't aware of this - thank you. As I am running OSX, I had difficulty with the post processing script and gave up on it. Got slammed in the discord channel when asked about it and just let it go. Will now look into this again.

It's pretty much just what this says to do: https://docs.mainsail.xyz/features/exclude_objects

I forget where the notation that the post-processing script is needed was from, but that's obsolete. I got tired of the error message so removed the call. Then saw that exclusion still worked.

Timelapse is from here: https://github.com/mainsail-crew/moonraker-timelapse and it works. For me, I just need a better camera angle, the OV5648 panzer mount at the top front extrusion is good for an overall view, but sucks for this or Obico (nee Spaghetti Detective).

• Like 1