Dutch Voron 2 builder

Emanuel

Dear All,

I am Emanuel and live in The Netherlands. I'm a mechanical engineer and like flying model airplanes, drones and helicopters. I use 3D printing as a great tool for this hobby and all sorts of other things that get broken in the house or the car 😉

I hope to be contributing some mods here as I am in the middle of my first Voron 2 build.

All the best,

• Emanuel
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard Emanuel. You are definitely in good company here. @claudermilk and others have been printing RC Cars. As is the traddition with anyone who confesses to building a voron, I shall politely ask if you would consider running a build diary. Everyone here loves a good build and it is genuinely a great way to share,show off mods and pick up new ideas.....oh, and we love mods as well....apparently you cannot have too many mods.

Welcome to the forum!

You can find my thread on RC Cars in the creative forum here. It would be cool to have a drone/airplane/helicopter thread join it. This reminds me, I need to update that thread with the latest trials and tribulations on the last build.

Of course, as mentioned, we love a good build thread too.

Here, here! Welcome Emanuel! There is a lot of knowledge around here so don't be shy about asking or contributing. I will be starting on a 2.4r2 build for my son-in-law when I return from overseas travel in a couple of weeks. There will be a build journal for certain.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smirk said:

Welcome aboard Emanuel. You are definitely in good company here. @claudermilk and others have been printing RC Cars. As is the traddition with anyone who confesses to building a voron, I shall politely ask if you would consider running a build diary. Everyone here loves a good build and it is genuinely a great way to share,show off mods and pick up new ideas.....oh, and we love mods as well....apparently you cannot have too many mods.

Build diary would be a good idea 1 week ago. The Voron is making its 1st prints now. Still lots of tuning to do and I want to add CANbus for the printhead.

Here are some pictures of the build process, esp the part where I am tinkering with the CANbus boards. One picture shows the wiring I could remove from the drag chain after placing the EBB42 on the back of the extruder stepper motor. It was a very tight fit, but it works now.

Voron - 5 (1).jpeg

Voron - 4 (1).jpeg

Voron - 3 (1).jpeg

Voron - 2 (1).jpeg

• Like 1