Euclid Probe

Dale

Question

I just finished my Voron 2.4.  While in the process of tuning it, I kept getting inconsistent QGL results due to out of range using the proximity probe.  I purchased the Euclid kit and have it installed.  My problem is I also have the Mandela Rose Works Kinematic bed.  I do not yet know how to edit the STL's for the bed mounted dock to make it taller.  I have fusion 360 hobbyist version, but my skills are sorely lacking.  So far I have managed to insert the mesh file into fusion.  I am lost as to what to do next.  Does anyone know if a taller STL has been developed?  The taller version is the github is not tall enough.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, smirk said:

@Penatr8tor has started some excellent F360 tutorials and he's definitiely the guru to hit up for this sort of quesiton.

Thank you.  I found a few tutorials on youtube that got me started.  I have a part on my v0.0 now.  It should be done in an hour.  I certainly am not proud of the part, but I think it will be dimensionally functional.  I have much to learn.

Thank You again for the tips.  I will look his tutorials up.

13 hours ago, Dale said:

Does anyone know if a taller STL has been developed?

Hi @Dale. I actually have the dock for the Euclid mounted on the gantry. (Probe position X0 Y300)This is an adjustable mount in the Z axis and works really well. (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nionio6915/Euclid_Probe/main/stls/Voron/VoronGantryMountRev_4_Set.stl)

image.thumb.jpeg.468fbc5db75f88d19e2944b60033ffee.jpeg

Dale, depending on how much your gantry moves on a QGL, you may want to consider the gantry mounted dock instead. I also built a 2.4r2 300mm unit (just finished this week) and started with the bed mounted dock. But the gantry adjustments after a QGL changed the dock stow position data so much it wasn't reliable. So I gave up on that and ended up with the gantry mounted dock, which works well. Someone on discord recommended this one, which is what I ended up with.

You can see my euclid dock & undock videos using this method on my build photo page here.